Why Carolina will win. Period.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be a hard game for the cardinals to win but i'm somewhat confident we can get the job done this sunday, man if we somehow pulled off this win talk about a great lead in our division. But still we must contain Steve Smith which is pretty obvious and hope Dellhome has one of his bad games he can have. Plus also hoping to contain Peppers.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
I couldn't agree anymore with Pariah. How dumb is it for a homer fan to come over to another board and say that they aren't talking "smack" then only to make backhanded comments about the Cards not being a true contender and that you should be able to handle us, so on and so forth. It's simple, if you're here to talk smack say it like it is and don't be a coward and say you aren't.

99.9% of what I've said has just been insightful commentary on my favorite football team. Yeah, I said a few things that might sound like I think the Panthers are a better team than the Cardinals, but so what? That doesn't mean I'm over saying blah blah the Cardinals suck pack it in and go home. I just presented facts and made an arguement that if the Panthers are going to be a true contender this year, they should beat a team like the Cardinals. A team with a winning record and a team that should present a challenge. Or did you miss the part where I gave the Cardinals credit for being a good team? Cmon, are you that sensitive? You can piss and moan all you want, but I didn't come here to talk smack. Period.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
99.9% of what I've said has just been insightful commentary on my favorite football team. Yeah, I said a few things that might sound like I think the Panthers are a better team than the Cardinals, but so what? That doesn't mean I'm over saying blah blah the Cardinals suck pack it in and go home. I just presented facts and made an arguement that if the Panthers are going to be a true contender this year, they should beat a team like the Cardinals. A team with a winning record and a team that should present a challenge. Or did you miss the part where I gave the Cardinals credit for being a good team? Cmon, are you that sensitive? You can piss and moan all you want, but I didn't come here to talk smack. Period.

You know, for a guy who gets on here and starts a thread saying "Why Carolina will win. Period." you really can't back it up that all you are doing is making "insightful" comments. Just my two cents. But, it can end here. We can let our football teams do the rest on the field...

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
However, we've won 15 road games since 2000! Scared yet?? :bang:
It's actually 14, I just counted them. (None in 2000 or 2003)

7-Oct-01 @ Philadelphia Eagles 20 - 21
25-Nov-01 @ San Diego Chargers 17 - 20
2-Dec-01 @ Oakland Raiders 31 - 34
30-Dec-01 @ Carolina Panthers 7 - 30
15-Sep-02 @ Seattle Seahawks 13 - 24
6-Oct-02 @ Carolina Panthers 13 - 16
7-Nov-04 @ Miami Dolphins 23 - 24
20-Nov-05 @ St. Louis Rams 28 - 38
4-Dec-05 @ San Francisco 49ers 10 - 17
3-Dec-06 @ St. Louis Rams 20 - 34
24-Dec-06 @ San Francisco 49ers 20 - 26
7-Oct-07 @ St. Louis Rams 31 - 34
18-Nov-07 @ Cincinnati Bengals 27 - 35
7-Sep-08 @ San Francisco 49ers 13 - 23

And only 4 wins on the east coast, and none since 2004.

The good news however, is that the Cards have won 2 of their last 3 at Carolina (2001 & 2002).

Ahhhh....the things you can spin with statistics. :D

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
This will be a hard game for the cardinals to win but i'm somewhat confident we can get the job done this sunday

I really feel the same way. Maybe I'm drinking to much Kool-Aid but I felt the same way when everyone was writing us off against the Bills. And yes, I remember that game was at home and not on the road.

I think the coaches and players really understand that winning a game like this would be a statement about who we are now. I've seen the stats of our past win-lose record on the road and the west team vs. east team and blah blah blah. But it's not impossible to win - it has been done before - so why not this game?

I think the Cards will be ready. I'm ready. You ready? Let's hope I'm right! ;)

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I really feel the same way.

Not real confident on a win, but I do have some good feelings going in to this game. I think the winning attitude has kind of gotten a hold of some of the young guys, the guys that have put in a few years and just seem like they could never get rid of that Cardinal losing mentality.

A win or a close game will be a great thing even if we lose. A bad loss and I am still hoping this team will get over it quickly and move on.

Hopefully we have gotten past the ability that they always seem to have in losing their confidence after a loss.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Here's to the Cards breaking the trend and winning on the east coast.

Panthers haven't faced as potent as an offense as the Cards. Warner throwing to Fitz, Boldin, Breaston and now Doucet. Tim Hightower breaking runs as needed. Edge getting the tough yards. Arrington learning how to carry the rock in the NFL. This is offense is almost unstoppable in the red zone.

Pair that with a defense that is beginning to gel and laying the wood on the opposition.

I guess that we'll also have to take into account that our special teams unit is looking pretty good as well.

I won't discount how good Carolina is because it just makes us look better when we beat them. For the third week in a row the Cards will be in one of the best games in the league on Sunday.

Building credibility one game at a time.

Just out of curiosity; how well has Whis fared against Carolina overall, including his days in Pittsburgh?

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
hepcat,

You are making some serious assertions about this game. Just make sure you are here on this message board right after the game, win or lose.

Well, here I am. I think I hit the nail on the head with this game. The Cardinals couldn't stop Deangelo Williams and it ended up biting the Cardinals in the end. Warner absolutely SHREDDED the Panthers secondary, but it didn't matter in the end because there was absolutely no ground game to keep the offense balenced.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever hepcat we could have won the game if the refs didn't give you guys a TD. Take your cheap win and shove it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK and you would have won if Warner didn't throw an INT in the redzone. Suck it.

hey hey....no need to get frisky. I congratulate you and your team for a victory. There is a reason why you are 6-2 and you proved it this afternoon.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK and you would have won if Warner didn't throw an INT in the redzone. Suck it.

Do you mean the one that hit JJ in the hands? Watch it again. He was more interested in not getting hit than catching the ball. Watch his body movement. His bad.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You know what happens when you speak in absolutes?

Ask the Falcons.

PS Telling people to "suck it" is super classy. I'm sure all the Panthers are thrilled to have you as a fan.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh; it's a thread bump from the regular season game. Unfortunately, speaking in absolutes did him no harm. :(

I'm looking forward to the rematch. Actually stand a chance, as opposed to the Giants, where I feel we would not have stood any chance.

edit: Also, his "suck it" was a direct retort to one of our guys telling him to shove it. No harm, no foul. If we can dish it, we better be able to take it, imho.

Last edited:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
i'm so glad there gets to be a rematch!!!

Wish that rematch was at OUR place...just to be fair..., but it is still real tough trying to beat any NFL team twice in one season.

We did have the bye to try and prepare for Carolina last time and I think we were relatively healthy.

The Cardinals will have to play well to win.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score
eh; it's a thread bump from the regular season game. Unfortunately, speaking in absolutes did him no harm. :(

I'm looking forward to the rematch. Actually stand a chance, as opposed to the Giants, where I feel we would not have stood any chance.

edit: Also, his "suck it" was a direct retort to one of our guys telling him to shove it. No harm, no foul. If we can dish it, we better be able to take it, imho.

I like you.

Anyways, I'm expecting this to be another close game. However, judging from the results of the first game, this will be a shootout. The Panthers D hasn't been able to stop anything lately getting lit up on a weekly basis now. Fortunently the offense has been spectacular and has kept up. I'm really worried about Larry Fitz. The guy has the best hands in the game and always seems to time his jumps just right (that TD against the Falcons was dirty). The Panthers don't have anyone to stop him 1 on 1 and it's going to be tough to play zone against him as well. I expect big numbers from him and Boldin. This game could down to which defense slows down the opponents offense the most...I'm looking foward to the rematch!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if we lose, it will be because of Steve Smith. That is all.

I stand by the above once again.

The guy scares the living crap out of me.

However, DCR is a much better cover on him than Green or Hood were.

We MUST take the tackling from the Atlanta game on the road with us. Disciplined, stay in your gaps, wrap the guy up and hold on for gang tackles. Do that, and we win, IMO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An exciting rematch. I agree that this will be a close game and can go either way.

Still I give the advantage to Carolina because it's on the road. However I like the Cardinals chances if our defense can create turnovers like it did against the Falcons.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Actually the key. To this game is to play exactly like they did In the first game, only without the stupid turnovers and trick plays instead of sure points.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am simply not capable of withstanding the stress of the Cards in the playoffs.

SERENITY NOW!!!!