Wk 2 of training camp (copy&paste tweets only). 07/29/24-08/04/24

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did not realize he proposed at the Rose Garden!

For those that have not been, the Portland Rose Garden is amazing. This is about a third of it and this does it no justice!!

You must be registered for see images attach

And this the view from the far end of Mt Hood. You can see St. Helens to the left on clear days.

You must be registered for see images attach
I agree beautiful gardens and spectacular views. Unfortunately I went through the city of Portland to get there:(

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree beautiful gardens and spectacular views. Unfortunately I went through the city of Portland to get there:(
I go through it everyday! It's an amazing city and has been home for 12 years now. I don't plan on ever leaving. It's not for everyone, but it's for me.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a strong inclination Benson is going to get less carries than people think this year.

He's the fastest guy we have so might only get snaps on potential break away plays.
If he can't beat out Demercado and Carter for carries, he must just flat out suck. Rookie RB's tend to perform if they have any talent.

I think he will quickly get the second spot on the depth chart - if not he will never amount to anything IMO.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

Some notes from Day 6 of Cardinals' training camp:-
@_GDortch
stole the show on Tuesday. He had three impressive catches, including two during 11-on-11, including one tough one in traffic and another for a touchdown in the red zone. -
@0julari
continued to lineup at outside linebacker with the first-team defense. - Center
@HFroholdt
went down with an apparent lower-body/leg/knee injury during one of the 11-on-11 sessions. He had his hand on his right knee while trainers checked him out. He walked to the locker room on his own.- When Froholdt went down,
@EvanBrown63
slid into center and rookie
@IsaiahAdams
filled in at left guard to finish that session of 11-on-11. During a later half-speed 11-on-11,
@jongaines77
took over for Adams at left guard.- Quarterback
@ClaytonTune7
has been getting more reps with the second team. Gannon has said throughout camp that he will insert second- and third-team players into different situation so they can get experience playing with different players on short notice, just like they would on Sundays should they have to play.- After the Cardinals' first day in pads, coach Jonathan Gannon said he wanted to see a better of players carrying over what they did well in individual drills to team sessions. - Gannon said the plan when the Cardinals drafted DB
@garrettismynam3
last year was for him to be a multi-positional defensive back. Now that Williams is healthy for training camp, the Cardinals are seeing him flourish across the secondary. The key for Williams to play well at all his positions is for him to hone in on his four focus windows, Gannon said. - Gannon thinks Gaines is "doing a pretty good job" in practice while playing at multiple positions. Gaines is about to be full go, Gannon said. "He's looking good for what he's went through the last nine months. Very pleased where he's at," Gannon said. - In February, Gannon challenged running back
@Money_E3
to get in better shape and Demercado accepted the challenge, showing up for camp "rocked up." Gannon said he may have called Demercado "pudgy" but now Demercado looks "explosive."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Donnie Druin

@DonnieDruin
Follow

#AZCardinals QB Kyler Murray with a nice 7-on-7 period. Found Greg Dortch in a really tight window on a short post route over the middle. Later hit Trey McBride on a solid back-shoulder down the right sideline. Had a ball dropped by Elijah Higgins over the middle, too.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss

Some notes from Day 6 of Cardinals' training camp:-
@_GDortch
stole the show on Tuesday. He had three impressive catches, including two during 11-on-11, including one tough one in traffic and another for a touchdown in the red zone. -
@0julari
continued to lineup at outside linebacker with the first-team defense. - Center
@HFroholdt
went down with an apparent lower-body/leg/knee injury during one of the 11-on-11 sessions. He had his hand on his right knee while trainers checked him out. He walked to the locker room on his own.- When Froholdt went down,
@EvanBrown63
slid into center and rookie
@IsaiahAdams
filled in at left guard to finish that session of 11-on-11. During a later half-speed 11-on-11,
@jongaines77
took over for Adams at left guard.- Quarterback
@ClaytonTune7
has been getting more reps with the second team. Gannon has said throughout camp that he will insert second- and third-team players into different situation so they can get experience playing with different players on short notice, just like they would on Sundays should they have to play.- After the Cardinals' first day in pads, coach Jonathan Gannon said he wanted to see a better of players carrying over what they did well in individual drills to team sessions. - Gannon said the plan when the Cardinals drafted DB
@garrettismynam3
last year was for him to be a multi-positional defensive back. Now that Williams is healthy for training camp, the Cardinals are seeing him flourish across the secondary. The key for Williams to play well at all his positions is for him to hone in on his four focus windows, Gannon said. - Gannon thinks Gaines is "doing a pretty good job" in practice while playing at multiple positions. Gaines is about to be full go, Gannon said. "He's looking good for what he's went through the last nine months. Very pleased where he's at," Gannon said. - In February, Gannon challenged running back
@Money_E3
to get in better shape and Demercado accepted the challenge, showing up for camp "rocked up." Gannon said he may have called Demercado "pudgy" but now Demercado looks "explosive."
Wow, Gannon run things differently than the previous coach. I like the way he thinks about player growth.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he can't beat out Demercado and Carter for carries, he must just flat out suck. Rookie RB's tend to perform if they have any talent.

I think he will quickly get the second spot on the depth chart - if not he will never amount to anything IMO.
Carter is genuinely good, he was a great prospect at UNC that performed well in the NFL as the change of pace back before the Jets OL turned into a graveyard. He got 6.8 YPC for us in the 6 games we had him last year. He is a much better version of Chase Edmonds and should be the change of pace back no matter who the starter is.

Demercado is surprising, but Gannon is hyping him up as if he's made massive improvements to his game. I have my doubts, but if he has upped his game, I wouldn't spin it as a negative.

I think that Benson will end up 2nd in the depth chart, but if he doesn't all it means is we have a very good problem to have in the running back room. Benson's tape doesn't lie, there are no doubts in my mind about him being a legit NFL running back.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dude can’t defend himself?

C’mon now.
This is what I'm referring to:

"For me to be where I am and do the things that I’ve done, not only in this sport, but in other sports, no one’s done it." Yeah, plenty of QBs have failed to live up to their expectations in the NFL. IDGAF about his high school, college, or baseball achievements and they have nothing to do with his past lack of work in the NFL. Just silly to even mention.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat