YouTube: Game 3 foul mix

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This reminds me of exactly why I put those 4 holes in my living room wall that night.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the spread that night?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When is there going to be some real player reaction to this? So far its a bunch of PC BS.

nash2stouds

Reaction score
the Spurs were favored by four, with an over/under of 200.5 -- after San Antonio prevailed, 108-101, thanks to Amare Stoudemire playing just 21 minutes because of foul trouble:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When is there going to be some real player reaction to this? So far its a bunch of PC BS.

What do you expect? None of the players are going to speak out about it negatively. I'm guessing that's a mandate of the Player's Union. Possibly on a request from Stern to do so.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
If Eddie "F-ing" Rush isn't in on it with Donaghy, I'll be shocked. Donaghy will supposedly be naming more people for the FBI, so we'll see.

Wasn't there some players he might name too that were in on some betting?

Maybe I heard it wrong.

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

No player is going to comment on an ongoing investigation

Although, i forget where i saw it, possibly espn, but right when the story broke (before donaghy was named) someone asked nash what he thought

he said "were they in game 5 vs the spurs?!?"

he then went on to say he was not going to comment

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Wow, the very first call is blatantly horrible.

WOW.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Thats not even all calls..

There must have been at least 2 or 3 more Duncan "blocks" like that and Bowen hacks.

Didn't even include the 3 Freethrows Ginobili got 3 seconds after the Suns already had the rebound.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
how can you you continue to be a fan of NBA basketball with things like this whole mess looming around? it just makes me kinda sick.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
That was a really well done video. The Suns truly got jammed. very intersting wtih a 4 pt spread. Those calls were horribel. Go Suns

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't even include the 3 Freethrows Ginobili got 3 seconds after the Suns already had the rebound.

The late call was the first scene (Tim Donaghy outside official made the call late.) When Ginobili got 3 FTs it wasnt late but questoinable call imo - Raja only made contact after Manu flopped.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
how can you you continue to be a fan of NBA basketball with things like this whole mess looming around? it just makes me kinda sick.

I've been feeling the same way about it for a while now. Investing so much into these games, and hoping your team can get over the hump, only to realize they didn't, and wondering if something besides their performance on the court kept them from going further.

I still think despite the fact that a game might have been fixed, that we can't really worry about what was in the past. Would it be nice to know if the series was fixed? Woud I feel better? Maybe, but since we didn't win the title this year it doesn't matter, and now that the season is over, any "What If's" don't really make things better.

It's like Boise State being the only college undefeated team last year and ending the season ranked #5. If they don't want you to be the top team, it won't happen:)

Last edited:

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been feeling the same way about it for a while now. Investing so much into these games, and hoping your team can get over the hump, only to realize they didn't, and wondering if something besides their performance on the court kept them from going further.

I still think despite the fact that a game might have been fixed, that we can't really worry about what was in the past. Would it be nice to know if the series was fixed? Woud I feel better? Maybe, but since we didn't win the title this year it doesn't matter, and now that the season is over, any "What If's" don't really make things better.

Actually it does make a difference going forward.

There has been a widespread belief that the Suns are doomed because it seems like the Spurs could simply physically dominate the Suns. But if the Spurs had lost Game 3 and still lost Game 4; then things might have been very different even if the Horry smash had not happened since there would have been a game 7 in Phoenix.

Winning the championship would have made a huge difference in how this team is evaluated now.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i'm truly questioning whether i am going to continue to follow the nba after the spurs got every call on the way to their boring nba finals win, the amare/diaw suspension fiasco, bowen not getting suspended, and now this betting mess with REFEREES!, i probably won't, stern needs to do something drastic like goodell

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
i'm truly questioning whether i am going to continue to follow the nba after the spurs got every call on the way to their boring nba finals win, the amare/diaw suspension fiasco, bowen not getting suspended, and now this betting mess with REFEREES!, i probably won't, stern needs to do something drastic like goodell

I will of course watch every Suns game,but I boycott every other NBA game played

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I understand where you are coming from, but I am an eternal optimist. I really hope that this scandal will bring some real reforms.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will of course watch every Suns game,but I boycott every other NBA game played

that's a useless boycott. unless you're willing to not watch, read, about, or purchase anything related to the nba you're in their back pocket and they're cashing in on you, even if only indirectly. it's a nice thought, but a useless one.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I know how you feel.

Even if the Suns win the title next season, who's to say they won fair?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I'm not really surprised at all, the NBA refs do have a tough job the game is fast and I do think they are instructed by the top to protect the elite. The NBA in general is about as close to a pure entertainment sport as there is. This will just help me be less angry and save me money in repairs knowing the NBA is less real than other sports.