OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel will be a bust in the NBA.
Dick Vitale, Chad Ford, think you're being mean, quit being mean.:mad:

J/k I seriously doubt he'll ever live up to the up hype.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, did anyone have any thoughts about Louisville PG Peyton Siva. I was impressed even if he is not mentioned in any mocks.
Fransico Garcia/Rudy Fenandez/Sergio Rodriguez type player. We can pick him up before he signs with a Mexico or Europe team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. I will go out on a limb. I think Mason Plumblee will be as good or better than Gortat almost immediately. He is more athletic, finishes with more authority, and has been a decent rebounder in college. Some sites are projecting him as a pf, but I think he would be better as a C.

He should be available at 14 if we have it and would make Gortat easily tradable (I am thinking maybe OKC).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Chad ford has us taking Plumlee at #14 in his first mock but I think that is terrible.

He doesn't have the strength to play C. He disappeared against size. He is a senior already.

If we draft at #14 and on the board are

6'7 SF Glen Robinson III
6'10 SF Dario Saric
6'10 - 6'11 PF Mason Plumlee
6'11 - 7' F/C Kelly Olynyk
7'1 C Rudy Gobert
7' C Steven Adams
7'1 C Isiah Austin
6'9 SF Giannis Adetokoubo
6'3 G CJ McCollum
6'5 SG Archie Goodwin
(plus Franklin, Whitey, Dieng..)

And we draft Mason Plumlee, I might honestly throw a chair out of my window in anger.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Nerlens Noel will be a bust in the NBA.

Depends on how you define "bust". Will he be a franchise Center like Ewing, Shaq or Hakeem? Probably not. But how many of those guys are around anymore?

If he's never an offensive juggernaut and just becomes Mount Mutumbo v2, that's not the worst thing in the world. Or a Tyson Chandler type, the Mavs showed you can win a title with that kind of guy at Center.

I'd likely be fine w the Suns taking him depending on varying factors. Noel in the top 5 and a guy like Glenn Robinson III at 14 would be a good draft day.

Roll out a lineup of:
C. Noel
F. Morris
F. Morris
SG. Robinson III
PG. Dragic

Get all those guys lots of playtime, you'll likely lose a ton of games next year too & hope to draft Andrew Wiggins or whomever and then youre off to the races with a solid young core to build on.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cavs blowing out Indiana. If they hold on and the Suns drop this game to Houston we'd be just about locked into 3rd most lotto balls.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are those guys similar players?
all three of them marginal players at best in the NBA....so yeah they were similar players.

Suns don't need to get all crazy and wasting a second round pick on Peyton Siva

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all three of them marginal players at best in the NBA....so yeah they were similar players.

Suns don't need to get all crazy and wasting a second round pick on Peyton Siva

That's about all a second round pick ever is, a waste. I'd be fine with using a 2nd on Siva but if Louisville had lost in the first round or two of the tournament there's a decent chance we could have added him to the roster after he went undrafted.

Steve

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
How about CJ Fair at the end of the first round or later? I haven't watched much college ball this year, but I liked him in the tournament.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think about Adams (Pitt), Nogueria (BRA), and Gobert (FRA)?

I thought Adams should stay in school at least another year and although I've not seen either Nogueria or Gobert, they both seem to be long term projects. All three of them come with a knock about their lack of aggressiveness which is usually a red flag for big men.

Steve

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am thinking Adreian Payne in the Second Round with our pick. He has the athletic ability, just think he needs to have some pro-type mentoring/training.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I watched videos of Gobert and have to say he is a terrific shot blocker. One thing I particularly liked was that keeps the ball in play most every time, which results in the same guy getting the ball back fairly often and Gobert blocked most of the second attempts as well because he kept his position and recovered quickly. When it comes to shot blocking he's definitely aggressive. He also gets up and down the court fast for a seven footer. He rebounds quite well though he's so thin he isn't going to push anyone around. I'm much rather have him than Haddadi. If we're picking 30th I'd snap him up - he's projected to go before that, however.

In one mock draft we are projected to take Gorgui Dieng 30th... I would be happy with him from what I've read... couldn't find any videos of him playing. What did you guys that watched the final four think of Gorgui?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I am thinking Adreian Payne in the Second Round with our pick. He has the athletic ability, just think he needs to have some pro-type mentoring/training.

I seem to remember someone saying we gave up our 2nd round pick for Marcus Morris - and we'd regret it. I have to agree if he's right.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I seem to remember someone saying we gave up our 2nd round pick for Marcus Morris - and we'd regret it. I have to agree if he's right.

We don't know which pick or what year. My guess it would not be for our 2nd pick this year since it will be a high 2nd. Most likely it will be a late or future 2nd.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doesn't Texas have a "Lemon" law? We want our money back, they sold us a defective product and we rarely used it.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't know which pick or what year. My guess it would not be for our 2nd pick this year since it will be a high 2nd. Most likely it will be a late or future 2nd.

I'm fairly sure it is the Suns second round pick in this year's draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Texas have a "Lemon" law? We want our money back, they sold us a defective product and we rarely used it.

Steve

The Suns should have learned by now, not to do business with the Houston Rockets. They seemingly always get the upper hand.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I watched videos of Gobert and have to say he is a terrific shot blocker. One thing I particularly liked was that keeps the ball in play most every time, which results in the same guy getting the ball back fairly often and Gobert blocked most of the second attempts as well because he kept his position and recovered quickly. When it comes to shot blocking he's definitely aggressive. He also gets up and down the court fast for a seven footer. He rebounds quite well though he's so thin he isn't going to push anyone around. I'm much rather have him than Haddadi. If we're picking 30th I'd snap him up - he's projected to go before that, however.

In one mock draft we are projected to take Gorgui Dieng 30th... I would be happy with him from what I've read... couldn't find any videos of him playing. What did you guys that watched the final four think of Gorgui?

He would be o.k. as the last pick of first round but he is already Beasley's age. Like Wesley Johnson, 23 is an old rookie. Not saying he can't improve..

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marcus Smart is staying for his sophomore year. Bad idea IMO. He is a top 5 pick. He can only drop, especially with Wiggins and Parker next year.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is talking about CJ McCollum. I just watched his Draft Express breakdown and he's as talented as any player in the draft. I'd swap Marshall for him in a heartbeat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake