2013 Summer League

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty good, sans his analysis of Marcus Morris. The Morris boys are 8-9-10 bench players on a half decent team. No chance either starts on a good team.

Which part of the Marcus analysis? The SL game part, the long term part or the trade? He's not that far away now with reasonable athletic ability for his size and some decent shooting skill that can be improved. He wasn't that far from starting on a playoff team last year in Houston.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh?

Len was #1 on the board by all accounts. And had he been drafted the Suns would have taken Burke.
Michael Carter-Williams was high on their list too.

We don't know how Oladipo, Zeller, Bennett or Porter would have slotted in between Len and Burke.

I would have been disappointed if they took Len over Oladipo.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Which part of the Marcus analysis? The SL game part, the long term part or the trade? He's not that far away now with reasonable athletic ability for his size and some decent shooting skill that can be improved. He wasn't that far from starting on a playoff team last year in Houston.

My problem with the Morris twins is that they are terribly inconsistent. Both of them will have great games, and then disappear for weeks. Marcus seems to be a bit more consistent when he is getting plenty of playing time, but Markieff is a total enigma, as playing time doesn't seem to make much difference- he is really on or really off regardless of his minutes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Which part of the Marcus analysis?

The part where you pegged him as a future NBA starter.

He wasn't that far from starting on a playoff team last year in Houston.

The same team that thought so highly of him that they dropped him at the first opportunity for peanuts.

The Morri suck, and again, have a future as 8-9-10 rotation players on mediocre teams. They're both inconsistent, and have very little upside.

I could be wrong on this one, but I doubt it.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The same team that thought so highly of him that they dropped him at the first opportunity for peanuts.

The Morri suck, and again, have a future as 8-9-10 rotation players on mediocre teams. They're both inconsistent, and have very little upside.

I could be wrong on this one, but I doubt it.

Being traded by Daryl Morey means almost nothing. While the pick-up certainly was inexpensive for the Suns, Morey loves draft picks as he believes they hold more value than players for future transactions.

I have my doubts about your doubts :). Just his size and speed along with his potential to turn into a decent three point shooter could make him a starter on a decent team. I doubt he's ever a significant player but I think he can improve some. If Gentry were still here, I'd agree but I think even as a first year coach Hornacek will be light-years better. Good coaching can go a long ways toward improving a player. I don't think either Morris has experienced one yet in the pros.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Good coaching can go a long ways toward improving a player. I don't think either Morris has experienced one yet in the pros.

Fair enough, agree to disagree. The knock with both Morri was a lack of athleticism and low ceiling. Nothing they've done has changed my mind at all regarding that.

Hope you're right.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree about Christmas. Hope we can find a spot for him

Christmas is NOT about giving!

I'm sorry, I want a role player that understands his role. Not one who wants to be the star. Give me a guy like Tucker for that job. Yeh, Christmas has some offensive ability but I had enough of non-team ball last year with Beas and Brown. He's not that bad but still. He's also a poor defender with poor (or worse) lateral movement plus he's a ball watcher. He even looked Marshall off once after a rebound to bring the ball up. Pass.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christmas is NOT about giving!

I'm sorry, I want a role player that understands his role. Not one who wants to be the star. Give me a guy like Tucker for that job. Yeh, Christmas has some offensive ability but I had enough of non-team ball last year with Beas and Brown. He's not that bad but still. He's also a poor defender with poor (or worse) lateral movement plus he's a ball watcher. He even looked Marshall off once after a rebound to bring the ball up. Pass.

Agreed, count me not a fan of the guy.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is NBA TV really not gonna show the Suns game live....again?!

Do the Suns not make payments for televising on time or something with NBA TV?

I would love to actually watch our games on TV as its happening instead of online.....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Morris's continue their good shooting, there will be a solid role for them in this league for a long time. Having a player that plays hard and smart, has strength even if otherwise marginally athletic, and shoots consistently with range, is a valuable thing.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
12 pts for Goodwin in 7 mins. 100% shooting, hasn't missed yet.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LMAO Hornacek screaming at Goodwin saying "ARCHIE TAKE THAT SHOT"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see why the Suns were so excited to draft Goodwin late. He screams talent at only age 18. The sky is the limit depending on how he develops.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can see why the Suns were so excited to draft Goodwin late. He screams talent at only age 18. The sky is the limit depending on how he develops.
Did you see that dunk?

Sarver was putting me to sleep with his interview and that dunk by Goodwin just woke me up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see that dunk?

Sarver was putting me to sleep with his interview and that dunk by Goodwin just woke me up.

It woke me up as well.

Marshall is quietly growing on me playing PG. He has gotten inside for layups tonight. I think his game will just keep improving. I don't think a team would be disappointed if they traded for him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It woke me up as well.

Marshall is quietly growing on me playing PG. He has gotten inside for layups tonight. I think his game will just keep improving. I don't think a team would be disappointed if they traded for him.

I really hope he continues to improve whether he stays or we trade him away. But keep in mind he was a very good point guard in college playing against top level college competition and Summer League is closer to that level than it is to the regular season of the NBA IMO. He really should play fairly well against this level.

Steve

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope they take a good look at Onuaku, and give him a chance this year.

Really. Teach him to set his pivot foot and he actually has some decent moves. He's just a vacuum cleaner inside. A poor man's Sofoklis Schortsanitis.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if we kept Marshall and let Goodwin be the primary backup SG.

I just don't want to see them turn Goodwin into a 3rd stringer or put him in the D-league. That sure as hell didn't work out with Earl Clark or Marshall.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake