Amare - Likely Destinations

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Paxson has come out and said Deng is untouchable along with the obvious in Rose. Even a article on ESPN.com confirmed that yesterday. He is playing his best basketball in a long time since returning from his injury. Also, why would the Bulls take on another PG. That one will not happen.

The Bulls are very stingy. Rose? You must be crazy. Deng? Don't even think about it. Even Hinrich is a long shot.

A package of Gooden + Noah or Tyrus Thomas and fillers is the best we can get. Noah might have more potential. But I would rather take Tyrus Thomas + their first rounder (unprotected).

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls are very stingy. Rose? You must be crazy. Deng? Don't even think about it. Even Hinrich is a long shot.

A package of Gooden + Noah or Tyrus Thomas and fillers is the best we can get. Noah might have more potential. But I would rather take Tyrus Thomas + their first rounder (unprotected).

Gooden, Noah and Thomas is the deal I last heard for Amare and Lopez, but I would do Thomas and a first rounder unprotected since adding Amare would the Bulls into the playoffs, so that pick would not be all that great. Most likely in the 15 to 20 range.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That deal is a joke , there are absolutely no reasons to ever consider a trade with the Bulls without Rose in it. 2 Busts and an expiring contract for an allstar starter at age 26, what a joke.

The Suns just need to hang on to Amare, period.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't see significant different between Noah and Thomas for the Suns. One extra first round pick is always better.

Just my opinion, this deal is the second best to the OKC one with both Wilcox and Watson.

nowagimp

Reaction score
^You want to get rid of LB because you'd be getting Earl Watson? Im not following. LB is a scoring shooting guard, Earl Watson is a Point Guard. Watson would actually give the Suns a nice backup for Nash, and LB could just be the back up 2 guard.

Yeah Im not following either, LB has a 23.7 PER and his defensive PER is the best of the guards on the suns, LOL! Yeah the suns can trade him for a small defensive PG who cant dish or shoot consistently. And as for Wilcox, he's terrible, makes amare look like a model of consistency. If you dont like lazy, WTF are you even considering wilcox for? Sometimes I think people think theses guys will "get religion" on changing their weaknesses after 6 years or more in the league, it aint gonna happen.

nowagimp

Reaction score
The Suns just need to hang on to Amare, period.

At least for now, it makes no sense. In the offseason for the right deal maybe. Consider the warriors games, in game one nelson had azibuke on amare and the suns didnt go after him, in last nights game it was big as porter exploited it with working the ball to amare down low(duh!!). Amare needs to be used correctly, and last night he was. On some nights amare will have the better matchup than shaq(who struggled against warriors bigs), on other nights shaq will have the best matchup. I for one do not want to depend on shaq as the suns only inside player, it obvious that amare does very well with the right spacing. The whole suns team seemed to rfev up(like porsches) when shaq went to the bench. Porter needs to figure out how to make the pieces work and the strategy should change with the opponent or the opponents defense.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Consider the warriors games, in game one nelson had azibuke on amare and the suns didnt go after him, in last nights game it was big as porter exploited it with working the ball to amare down low(duh!!). Amare needs to be used correctly, and last night he was.

That sure isn't how I saw it. In the first game, the Suns did go to Stoudemire against Azibuke, and he didn't do anything. In the second game, Stoudemire made up his mind to be assertive and go quickly, before the defense could set itself. That was more effective, but still an inefficient offensive strategy: Stoudemire needed 18 shots for his 19 points, compared to the entire team needing only 90 shots for 115.

Stoudemire was unable to exploit the Azibuke matchup in either game, even though the Suns gave him plenty of opportunities and he did, to his credit, put forth more effort in the rematch.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
???

Amare was the one and only reason along with Richardson that the Suns were able to build a lead on the Warriors at all.

Reaction score
Here is some trades from ESPN : sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=amaredealscenario-090207

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
???

Amare was the one and only reason along with Richardson that the Suns were able to build a lead on the Warriors at all.

How do you figure? Stoudemire had a pretty big first quarter (I don't remember the exact number) and finished with only 19 points, so he didn't contribute much offensively as the game wore on. The big scorer down the stretch was Hill.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Here is some trades from ESPN : sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=amaredealscenario-090207

I wonder if Miami would really give up Beasley? If so I would be interested in something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...3418~2184~3046&teams=14~21~21~21~21&te=&cash=

Udonis Haslem
Salary: $6,575,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 10.9 REB: 8.4 AST: 1.3 PER: 13.54

Michael Beasley
Salary: $4,314,960 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.5 REB: 5.5 AST: 0.8 PER: 15.44

Joel Anthony
Salary: $711,517 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.6 REB: 3.5 AST: 0.4 PER: 10.18

Chris Quinn
Salary: $972,581 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 5.8 REB: 1.3 AST: 2.2 PER: 13.55

Outgoing Players: Amare Stoudemire

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
^You want to get rid of LB because you'd be getting Earl Watson? Im not following. LB is a scoring shooting guard, Earl Watson is a Point Guard. Watson would actually give the Suns a nice backup for Nash, and LB could just be the back up 2 guard.

With Green coming over though youd have a log jam at the 3 and be really thin up front. You could add Hill to the deal (whos likely in his last year anyhow) and do this:

OKC sends..............................Phx sends
C. Chris Wilcox.......................PF Amare Stoudemire
PF. Joe Smith.........................SF Grant Hill
SF. Jeff Green
PG. Earl Watson
2010 1st Round pick (Phoenixs)
2009 1st round pick (either Denver or S.A.)

Though Im just not sure if OKC would do a 4 for 2 or not. But Hill gives them a nice backup at the 3 and Im sure they wouldnt mind having him around Durant. The only thing about it is, Id feel terrible shipping Hill out, he's been a great guy, but hey, its a business.

1. Hill would retire before playing for OKC.

2. Hill is pretty much the best role player the Suns have.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've said this before but I would prefer the Suns do these two trades:

PHX sends - Amare Stoudamire

CHA sends us - Emeka Okafor & Raymond Felton

PHX sends - Shaquille O'Neal

DET sends us - Rasheed Wallace & Antonio McDyess

New lineup:

Okafor/McDyess/Lopez
Wallace/Admundson/Dudley
Barnes/Hill/Tucker
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash/Felton/Dragic

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sources told ESPN.com that the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons and Portland Trail Blazers are among the many teams with whom Phoenix has exchanged trade concepts, with the Bulls and Heat believed to be pursuing Stoudemire hardest at this early stage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3890478

Potential trades for Amare

BULLS: Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, Cedric Simmons and Drew Gooden

• See this trade in the ESPN Trade Machine

Why they'd do it: For the Bulls, this is likely a no-brainer. They've needed a frontcourt presence like Amare for years. Although he's not the classic low-post banger or rebounder that would be ideal for Chicago, he's great in the open floor and looks like a perfect complement to Derrick Rose and Luol Deng.

For the Suns, this trade would save them nearly $9 million next season and give them two young players with potential. Although neither Thomas nor Sefolosha has shined the way the Bulls had envisoned when they drafted them, their defensive abilities and athleticism would be welcome in Phoenix.

Why they wouldn't: Coach Vinny Del Negro spent several years in the Phoenix front office before taking the job in Chicago. He knows Amare and might be steering GM John Paxson away from acquiring him.

This deal wouldn't give the Suns much in the way of cap savings. They might want to deal with a team that can save them more money down the road.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=amaredealscenario-090207

I can deal with that. If just means that Larry Hughes is back in the rotation, unless Kirk, Derick and Ben use just a three man rotation since Kirk plays the 1 and 2 and Hunter is the 4th guy only when needed. This would make me really happy. Gooden has not seen much time lately and Simmions is just a throw in, so the Bulls are really short 1 player from this.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you do not like Tyrus Thomas, but he finally being used properly and is averaging 15 points 9 rebounds and 3 blocks over the last three weeks. His FG percentage is down due to him starting to take more mid range jumpers and he is starting to find a groove. I think he is about to turn the corner and become a stud. Remember, he should be a senior in college right now, so anyone that can label him a bust already really does not understand basketball. Also, Thabo reminds me a lot of Raja. Great defense, decent scorer, but can play to point too. I think the above deal works great for both teams.

JerkFace

Reaction score

From what I hear CHA is very please with how Diaw is playing. I doubt they would bring in Amare since it has already been shown that they don't play very well together.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Banky:

I have wanted Thomas on this team since he declared for the draft. I wanted the Suns to trade Marion for him....

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

PHX sends - Shaquille O'Neal

DET sends us - Rasheed Wallace & Antonio McDyess

New lineup:

Okafor/McDyess/Lopez
Wallace/Admundson/Dudley
Barnes/Hill/Tucker
Richardson/Barbosa
Nash/Felton/Dragic

Detroit would be absolutely stupid to do that trade. So would Charlotte.

JerkFace

Reaction score
My ideal trade scenerio:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...77~3447~1727~3238&teams=21~21~3~3~3&te=&cash=

New Orleans Hornets

Incoming Players

Alando Tucker
Salary: $1,001,880 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.6 REB: 0.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 12.34

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9 REB: 8.2 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.40

Robin Lopez
Salary: $1,623,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.1 REB: 1.7 AST: 0.2 PER: 10.83

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.19

David West
Salary: $9,862,500 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 19.9 REB: 7.6 AST: 2.1 PER: 18.42

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My ideal trade scenerio:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=984~2177~3447~1727~3238&teams=21~21~3~3~3&te=&cash=

New Orleans Hornets

Incoming Players

Alando Tucker
Salary: $1,001,880 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.6 REB: 0.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 12.34

Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.9 REB: 8.2 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.40

Robin Lopez
Salary: $1,623,720 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.1 REB: 1.7 AST: 0.2 PER: 10.83

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.19

David West
Salary: $9,862,500 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 19.9 REB: 7.6 AST: 2.1 PER: 18.42

David West is not going anywhere.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yea, I know.... That's why I called it as my ideal scenario. It is not imposable but it is not overly likely either.

In what way is it not impossible? It's questionable whether New Orleans would trade Chandler (and salary filler) for Stoudemire straight up. Now you want them to include West for Lopez and Tucker?

It's about as impossible as it gets.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
It's questionable whether New Orleans would trade Chandler (and salary filler) for Stoudemire straight up.

They're talking about shedding salary down here too. Chandler for Marion is being discussed.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing the key part of Ford's article:

With the financial crisis rising and with the Suns sinking in the West, it sounds as if owner Robert Sarver has had enough of his team's underachievement and its $75 million payroll. The general manager for another team said the Suns' goal in the next two weeks before the trade deadline was to clear $40 million off the 2009-10 payroll.
Note the bold parts.

So, any trade(s) will be for expiring contracts, picks and young players on cheap contracts. Period. No vets that have 7, 9, 11 million dollar contracts that run into next year, and especially multiple years out. No Jamison or Okafor or West or any of those.

Also, they will have to decide if they can move Shaq. Some Amare trades only make sense if you try to go far this year with Shaq (like Detroit trades for Wallace). Otherwise, might as well just blow it up.

Just a hunch, but I think Sarver's banking business might be suffering badly right now (not a surprise - I think they do a lot of real estate business).

The Suns have a very high payroll to be a team struggling just to make the playoffs. Remember that each playoff home game is worth a lot of $$. If the current Suns were like previous years, running in the top 4 teams out west, and expecting to play 4 or 6 or more home playoff games, it would be a different story. But if they are just mediocre, it's not worth the payroll. Add onto that the fact that the Suns mortgaged the future the last few years by selling and trading draft picks, and they need to start rebuilding at some point.

Sucks, but that point might be here really soon. I just hope Kerr and the FO have the smarts to do this right.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
40 million is unrealistic. Even if we trade both Shaq and Amar'e for nothing but expiring contracts, that would only be $35 million. Let's hope that we would get a few useful players that were on contract past this year for Amar'e

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05