As I said before

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
I'll say it again, Barbosa SUCKS! His no D playing bad shot layup missing tool. He comes in and the D goes to hell and we cant score...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
just do it said:
I'll say it again, Barbosa SUCKS! His no D playing bad shot layup missing tool. He comes in and the D goes to **** and we cant score...

Yeah...Barbosa caused Nowitzki to go off for damn near 50 and I think Leandro ran over my dog too.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Let's heap all the blame on the suns players. It's the best way to feel better about the loss.

:rolleyes:

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
its 70-70 when the refs take over the game, in favor of the mavs. BS

OP
OP
J

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
green machine said:
Yeah...Barbosa caused Nowitzki to go off for damn near 50 and I think Leandro ran over my dog too.

so this makes Barbosa good? LB's +/- is probably pretty bad while he is on the floor.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
LB cannot run the offense like nash, can anyone? Barbosa (-) in my books and the refs blow big time in game 2 and now 5 in favor of mavs.

HooverDam

Reaction score
just do it said:
I'll say it again, Barbosa SUCKS! His no D playing bad shot layup missing tool. He comes in and the D goes to hell and we cant score...

Barbosa beat the Mavs off the dribble about a bazillion times tonight, and had some nice passes too. He is in his 3rd year, so why don't you shut up.

Barbosa (nor any 1 player) caused the Suns to lose. They were down by about 10ish w/ 6 to go and went into panic mode for no reason. The defense was terrible and they became completely demoralized and just started making stupid fouls giving the Mavs and 1 after and 1.

Don't blame it on the officiating, don't blame D'Anotni (his gameplan was fine), blame the entire team of players who played horrid defense the whole game.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
just do it said:
so this makes Barbosa good? LB's +/- is probably pretty bad while he is on the floor.

No....it doesn't make him good. But today was a total defensive let-down added to the fact that Dirk was just on fire. When a player is on a tear like that it doesn't matter what you do...they'll keep scoring.

To blame Barbosa for Dallas' offensive effort tonight is just wrong.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
its 70-70 when the refs take over the game, in favor of the mavs. BS

The refs boxed the Suns out? I must've missed that part of the game

The Suns played very well for the middle half of this game. However their effort outside of that was absolutley attrocious.

No singling out anyone, they went well as a team and then they completely sucked as a team. Don't turn into Kings/Mavs fans by blaming everything on the refs

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Barbosa beat the Mavs off the dribble about a bazillion times tonight, and had some nice passes too. He is in his 3rd year, so why don't you shut up.

Barbosa (nor any 1 player) caused the Suns to lose. They were down by about 10ish w/ 6 to go and went into panic mode for no reason. The defense was terrible and they became completely demoralized and just started making stupid fouls giving the Mavs and 1 after and 1.

Don't blame it on the officiating, don't blame D'Anotni (his gameplan was fine), blame the entire team of players who played horrid defense the whole game.
He wont be resigned, he'll want too much money and he go away. where was boris tonight? did he make the flight?

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
oh by the way the suns dont defend. they never have. they are suppose to out score you not stop and defend you.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
just do it said:

Are you kidding me?

What is going on with the collective intelligence of this board? Must we read this crap after every single loss? Every one?

HooverDam

Reaction score
JAndrews said:
He wont be resigned, he'll want too much money and he go away. where was boris tonight? did he make the flight?

Shut up. You have no cogent points and barely readable sentences. The entire team played poorly. Go take a shower, hop in the pool, or play some Scrabble, just calm down.

I hope the Suns can resign both Barbosa and Diaw, they are young players and sometimes young players fold in big games, but the experience will be invaluable down the road. Both players fit the Suns system and will continue to blossom in the desert given the chance.

JAndrews said:
oh by the way the suns dont defend. they never have. they are suppose to out score you not stop and defend you.

Message board 101: Don't double post. Hit the edit button and add to your previous post if you must make a ******** "point."

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Shut up. You have no cogent points and barely readable sentences. The entire team played poorly. Go take a shower, hop in the pool, or play some Scrabble, just calm down.

I hope the Suns can resign both Barbosa and Diaw, they are young players and sometimes young players fold in big games, but the experience will be invaluable down the road. Both players fit the Suns system and will continue to blossom in the desert given the chance.

I like Barbosa as a six. The suns need to sign him.

Jones and Thomas are the ones who will be gone to make room.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I wish Marion would have been a bit more aggressive on the offensive end tonight. He only took thirteen shots and made nine which is excellent. I know he had to guard Dirk but if he could have maybe went at Dirk to draw some fouls that may have helped. Oh well, this team just doesn't like prosperity I guess.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Come on guys... its just a game.

You think Dallas was going to lay over and die?

Yes, we had defensive meltdown but does not mean to shoot the team down.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Treesquid,

Tim Thomas shot well tonight unless of course you are talking about Kurt Thomas who was not in the game. I agree that Jones is not playing well but I don't know if the Suns will give up on him since he is young still.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
az1965 said:

Good post, but... no offense, but you've read this board after losses in these playoffs before, right?

The new modus operandi for this board is to complain incessantly about how a) the officiating sucked, b) Barbosa sucked, and c) Marion sucked.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
az1965 said:

After that effort D'Antoni better shoot the team down. However singling out a player is stupid

They went well as a team during the 2nd and 3rd qtrs but sucked as a team during the 1st and 4th qtrs. The whole team needs to get grilled for the meltdowns at the beginning and end of the game because that is just GARBAGE

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
HooverDam said:

Hey HooverDam,
You have your opinion and I have my. At no time did I disrespect you. Dont tell me to shut up. I see the game the way I do. If you disagree than say so. Dont disrespect me. I have coached the game, played the game and not watch the game. The game was close until the techincal fouls. Since when do you call 2 on a team for as little crap as that? ITs the WCF's not a single season game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Barbosa does need to learn how to go through picks. He consistently goes under picks when he should go over them. Steve Nash does it, why can't Leandro, who I would think would be better at it?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Barbosa does need to learn how to go through picks. He consistently goes under picks when he should go over them. Steve Nash does it, why can't Leandro, who I would think would be better at it?
Barbosa definately struggles with Pick & Roll defense. He lost Stackhouse about 5 times tonight and stackhouse got a bunch of open shots. It's probably by design to go under the screens to try to make Dallas shoot outside instead of driving to the basket, but letting Stackhouse shoot jumpers just behind the ft line isn't good strategy.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to believe the Phoenix Suns defenders have been told to go under screens on Stackhouse and Harris. Stackhouse just hit his shots tonight.

Nowitzki was hitting everything tonight. Bell didn't look good. I say we trade him. :)

Joe

nowagimp

Reaction score
What happened last night is that Bell is hobbled, he couldnt shoot from the perimeter and neither could Nash(looks like tired legs on his jumper) and the Mavs figured it out in the second half, used their defenders to shade into the lane, leading to poor spacing for the penetrators. The key to the suns offense is spacing and that is created by the outside shooting. One guy shooting well from the outside does not create enough spacing, two or three guys must be hitting or else the D will cheat into the lane and close it up. Its also much easier to turn up the D on one hot guy than two or three guys. The suns shot 45.6% because they didnt have enough spacing. If the penetrators are funneled right to Diop, its not going to work. That is what happens when the spacing is poor. There must be enough space to make Diop move his feet and take the ball to him strong. The collapsing of the Mavs D kept Marion outside and made it difficult for the playmakers like nash Diaw and Barbs to finish in the lane. TT kept the suns in it with his 3pt shooting(6-8), but other suns did not fare so well from the outside(4-16). Diaw and TT need to take the ball strong to the hoop, draw contact to get fouls on Diop early and then if the outside shots fall better, the suns will be fine. This is where Amare would be so valuable, against Diop. Amare would foul Diop out rather quickly and hammer the Mavs inside. Even Amare at 90% would be too much for Diop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05