Bob Kemp on Shaun King on KDUS

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
huh? Booted off?

Young had a series of concussions that was effecting not only his football career but his life. Booted? Hardly!

Favre was traded early in his career b/c they had a plethera of QB's on the roster. Wouldnt it be nice to have 2 GOOD QB on the roster for once?

Instead we will settle for Has beens and never was and HOPE one of them works out!

Actually Glanville shipped Favre out of Atlanta because he was horrible that year to the tune of 0/5 with 2 ints.

Young was shipped out of Tampa because he was pathetic. Team was 3-16 in his starts.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
And you want to start that Plummer crap again with Ben or Manning? At least if McCown sucks he's easy to dump. If either of these other two suck we are screwed for the next 4-5 years!

Yeah and if either are good we are set for the next 4-5 years. Imagine that! :shrug:

Yeah dump McCown and then what? your screwed anyway. I guess just start over again next year <sigh>

So lets pass on Leftwich, Manning, Roth, Rivers, etc all in the span of 2 years to go with a division II QB that looks "good" in min-camp!

Do you here what you are saying???? :rolleyes:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
It was his first three starts. Give it a break man.

I thought he did bloody well. He played better than Manning in his first three starts (Thanks Dan H).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Your point is what?
Out of the 8 guys you named how many go to the playoffs consistently? One!
BRADY!

The rest?
Brooks=1
Bulger=1
Hasselback=1
Brees=0
McCown=0
Rattay=0
Henson=0

Yeah you sold me! :D
Look at it this way then:

Jim Druckenmiller = out of NFL
Ryan Leaf = Out of NFL
Tim Couch = Lost starting job
Akili Smith = Bust and traded
Cade McNown = Out of NFL
David Carr = No Post season appearences
Joey Harrington = No Post season appearences
Patrick Ramsey = No Post season appearences
Carson Palmer = No Post season appearences
Kyle Boller = not a starter
Rex Grossman = not a starter

so much for all of those first rounders. They really helped their teams.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
So lets pass on Leftwich, Manning, Roth, Rivers, etc all in the span of 2 years to go with a division II QB that looks "good" in min-camp!

Do you here what you are saying???? :rolleyes:

I wanted Leftwich last year. This year we don't need "him."

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
That is such an assinine argument.
Count his starts, when he's working with the first team and getting reps in practice.

Here come the excuses already!

It seems no one learns there lesson around here.!

I know, if the moon is full, he has certain socks on, his girlfriend is int he stands, and the sun is exactly at the right angle, he will be good.

Nice excuses Tango...I mean S11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Here come the excuses already!

It seems no one learns there lesson around here.!

I know, if the moon is full, he has certain socks on, his girlfriend is int he stands, and the sun is exactly at the right angle, he will be good.

Nice excuses Tango...I mean S11

You're just getting ******** at this point.
If you don't put any stock into taking reps with the first team as the starter vs taking 1/3 the reps with the second and third teams (if time allows) then you're either high or just beligerently argumentative.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
So does Trent Green, Jay Fiedler, Tom Brady, and Jeff Garcia. Where were they drafted?

Here's my way of looking at it -

Manning's signing bonus = $35 million

Jevon Kearse s.b. + Champ Bailey's s.b. + Warren Sapp s.b. = $38 million

One QB with no one around him or the foundation of a great defense? I'm picking defense.

I wont argue that!

If this team where set at QB with just an avergae guy and was one or 2 players away on Defense I agree 100%

They arent!

This team needs playmakers at KEY POSITIONS, including QB.

Go get one! Quit Hoping McCown will work out!

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating.

McCown's first three starts:

59 of 98 (60.2%) for 670 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INT's. 17 carries for 113 yards, 1 TD. Team record - 1 and 2. (17-20, 10-28. Average loss by 10.5 points.)

Peyton Manning's first three starts:

61 of 114 (53.5%) for 683 yards, 2 TDs, 8 INT's. 3 carries for 26 yards. Team record - 0 and 3. (15-24, 6-29, 6-44. Team points - 27. Average loss by 23.3 points.)

Yeah, that McCown guy sucks, we should ditch him. :rolleyes:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Look at it this way then:

David Carr = No Post season appearences
Joey Harrington = No Post season appearences
Patrick Ramsey = No Post season appearences
Carson Palmer = No Post season appearences
Kyle Boller = not a starter
Rex Grossman = not a starter

so much for all of those first rounders. They really helped their teams.

I agree with your premise with the start of your list. But, not with these guys. It's too early to write any of them off. Especially Carr who joined an expansion team and Harrington who joined one of the worst teams in the last two decades with a horrible coach.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yeah and if either are good we are set for the next 4-5 years. Imagine that! :shrug:

Then what happens when he is contract is up and he wants a HUGE salary like Peyton Manning? (That's not to mention the cap hit drafting a QB at 3 we will take for him sitting for a couple of years)

Your team will start to implode due to the fact that you won't be able to keep the other quality players. The Colts aren't going to be able to hold onto Harrison and James.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
You're just getting ******** at this point.
If you don't put any stock into taking reps with the first team as the starter vs taking 1/3 the reps with the second and third teams (if time allows) then you're either high or just beligerently argumentative.

Of course I put stock in that, and I am just bustin your balls a little, but in fairness, this baord is loaded with excuses on McCown. I trust Green and hope he can turn McCown into a world-beater, but unlike some of you, I am not prepared to sit by and 'hope' that happens.

Backup plan needed. Draft a QB with the upside that McCown doesnt have. Whether anyone chooses to believe it or not, there is a reason why QB's go first in the draft as opposed to 3,4,5th round. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but lets not rely on a divion II prospect ONLY!

Have we not leanred anything from the Plummer years??

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
LVCARDFREAK said:
Then what happens when he is contract is up and he wants a HUGE salary like Peyton Manning? (That's not to mention the cap hit drafting a QB at 3 we will take for him sitting for a couple of years)

Your team will start to implode due to the fact that you won't be able to keep the other quality players. The Colts aren't going to be able to hold onto Harrison and James.

Its called Salary Cap

Every team has to deal with it!

You find ways to keep your best players. That isnt an arguement! The Cards dont exist in a vacuum where they are the only ones with a salary cap!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

I've learned that he isn't as bad as we made him out to be, he just needed good coaching, a scheme that fit his abilities, and playmakers around him. If the Donks paid him a $35 million s.b. he woudn't have the quality of playmakers around him and would render him as useless as he was here.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I agree with your premise with the start of your list. But, not with these guys. It's too early to write any of them off. Especially Carr who joined an expansion team and Harrington who joined one of the worst teams in the last two decades with a horrible coach.
Those guys have been in the league two years and haven't done anything to make their teams reach the playoffs. Expect the same if the Cardinals draft a QB with the #3 overall pick.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Those guys have been in the league two years and haven't done anything to make their teams reach the playoffs. Expect the same if the Cardinals draft a QB with the #3 overall pick.

But expect what with McCown? The playoffs?

Is that your honest expectations? If not, then your point is meaningless!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Backup plan needed. Draft a QB with the upside that McCown doesnt have. Whether anyone chooses to believe it or not, there is a reason why QB's go first in the draft as opposed to 3,4,5th round. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but lets not rely on a divion II prospect ONLY!

Why waste the #3 overall pick on a backup plan. If you want a player with upside you draft them in the later rounds. If you want an imediate starter you draft them in the first couple of rounds. That of course doesn't usually apply to the QB position which takes years to learn.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
But expect what with McCown? The playoffs?

Is that your honest expectations? If not, then your point is meaningless!
Put the right players around him and yes the playoffs are possible. Dennis Green has proven that several times now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

I don't think a QB at #3 is the quickest way to win either. But, I'd rather pick Manning or Ben R. over Gallery or Taylor.

It's all a crap shoot anyhow. Not even Fitzgerald is a slam dunk.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have to admit with todays cap I think a QB could cash strap your team. I think after next year the Colts window may have closed. It would be nice not to have to put all our money into one position. I actually like Parsons! :D

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Its called Salary Cap

Every team has to deal with it!

You find ways to keep your best players. That isnt an arguement! The Cards dont exist in a vacuum where they are the only ones with a salary cap!

Of course this is an argument. The Cap and financial aspect is a huge part of the NFL.

The fact that the Colts won't be able to hold onto a number of quality players due to the their 'franchise' QB's huge salary is an issue. The Colts have set a precedent that is going to come and haunt them for years to come.

What is going to happen when James, Harrison etc leave the Colts? They will crumble. But, hey, don't worry... They have a great QB.

I shudder to think what the Falcons are going to have to do to retain Vick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Why waste the #3 overall pick on a backup plan. If you want a player with upside you draft them in the later rounds. If you want an imediate starter you draft them in the first couple of rounds. That of course doesn't usually apply to the QB position which takes years to learn.

Let me make clear first, MadCard, that I highly respect your opinion and posts and am not out to make a personal attack, but I am going to make a strong statement...okay...

This post uses the exact same reasoning that has made us suck so bad for so many years---Drafting players and IMMEDIATELY expecting them to contribute. If you have this philosophy, you will lose year after year after year. The # of draft picks that succeed is low to begin with, and out of those, the # that contribute from day one are even lower.

You draft a guy and HOPE he can start from day one, but if he can't you don't go nuts, unless there's reason to. Say with Pace---he didn't get many sacks, obviously, and in watching the games, I formed the opinion that he didn't show many moves to the QB...ergo, I'm worried about him. Now, at first glance, I may be worried about BJ, but I have hope as well...it's been pointed out he was catching everything thrown his way before his injury, and he had pretty good receiving yards for a rookie.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Danh

Why confuse this argument with facts? :rolleyes:

We don't need logic or steenking facts. They just ruin a good argument. :rolleyes: