Cardinals at Broncos PS gameday thread 8-25-24

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was pretty optimistic going into this season, but witnessing yet another PS debacle, I have so many concerns..

1. No #2 QB. Tune is awful. Ridder is worse and doesn't even belong on anybody's roster. How can you go into the season without a capable #2?

2. No preseason reps for the starters? I don't understand this logic AT ALL. Niners played everybody for the entire first half against the Raiders. They look ready. I'm afraid to think what the Cards' first quarter against Buffalo is going to look like - on both sides of the ball. Rust, lack of timing, confusion. But I'm sure it will all come together - in the 2nd half when the game is already lost. Or maybe the 2nd or 3rd week.

3. Zero pass rush. Yeah this is the backups & scrubs, but that's what they're facing! Should at least be able to hold their own, no? Nope. Zero pressure.

4. Defense in general looks awful. Again, it's backups & scrubs, but that's all they're facing, and they are utterly unimpressive in every phase of the game.

5. O-line - same complaints as above. Hopefully the starters are much better and nobody goes down - because if any of these ham & eggers we're seeing now have to step in, BIG trouble.

I was looking for 7-8 wins this year, now I fear that's a pipe dream, and 3-4 may be more realistic. Am I all wet?

And just when they put a decent-looking drive together - fumble inside the 5. Fuuuuuuuuccccc
No way this team has less wins than last year, we had a DL consisting of guys from the street & won 4 games. This years team has more talent, not as much on the DL as I would like but more than last year. We're winning 8-9 games & will be in the playoff hunt.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No way this team has less wins than last year, we had a DL consisting of guys from the street & won 4 games. This years team has more talent, not as much on the DL as I would like but more than last year. We're winning 8-9 games & will be in the playoff hunt.
I don't know about 4 wins but 5 is certainly a realistic call. Those first 8 games maybe two wins. By the time we get to that last nine we’ll be a beat up team maybe 4 of 9 wins. 6-7 wins picking top ten is in the cards…

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think 9 wins is the ceiling, sadly 6 or 7 is more likely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I want to believe, but a lot of it is unidentified.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Bring in Zach Wilson if he's cut...or available by trade.
Was thinking the same. Not impressed with our backups. Zach Wilson looks like a keeper as a backup and better than what we’ve got. For us, it might be difficult to judge Tune because supporting cast is putrid.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was thinking the same. Not impressed with our backups. Zach Wilson looks like a keeper as a backup and better than what we’ve got. For us, it might be difficult to judge Tune because supporting cast is putrid.
Ridder has a far better track record then him, and I take a lot more stock in regular season performances then 2 preseason games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser