Cardinals at Broncos PS gameday thread 8-25-24

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DJ Dallas is such an integral part of the team and a lock to make the roster like many have said… I really have no reason to argue with it…. But why the hell would they have him returning punts in the second half of the most meaningless game ever?

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If DJ Dallas is such an integral part of the team and a lock to make the roster like many have said… I really have no reason to argue with it…. But why the hell would they have him returning punts in the second half of the most meaningless game ever?
Good question

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know it’s preseason but this years games are some of the most boring games I can remember. Very uninspiring for the most part. Oline reserves are just so bad. D line reserves not far behind. At this point I’m all for one PS game next year, and just get on with the regular season

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Neither is winning me over, but I think Ridder throws a nicer ball than Tune does. Seems a bit more natural and effortless with his passes, especially medium and deep routes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals preseason games are especially painful.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know about 4 wins but 5 is certainly a realistic call. Those first 8 games maybe two wins. By the time we get to that last nine we’ll be a beat up team maybe 4 of 9 wins. 6-7 wins picking top ten is in the cards…
I think 7 wins is the absolute worst we will do this season.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
I was pretty optimistic going into this season, but witnessing yet another PS debacle, I have so many concerns..

1. No #2 QB. Tune is awful. Ridder is worse and doesn't even belong on anybody's roster. How can you go into the season without a capable #2?

2. No preseason reps for the starters? I don't understand this logic AT ALL. Niners played everybody for the entire first half against the Raiders. They look ready. I'm afraid to think what the Cards' first quarter against Buffalo is going to look like - on both sides of the ball. Rust, lack of timing, confusion. But I'm sure it will all come together - in the 2nd half when the game is already lost. Or maybe the 2nd or 3rd week.

3. Zero pass rush. Yeah this is the backups & scrubs, but that's what they're facing! Should at least be able to hold their own, no? Nope. Zero pressure.

4. Defense in general looks awful. Again, it's backups & scrubs, but that's all they're facing, and they are utterly unimpressive in every phase of the game.

5. O-line - same complaints as above. Hopefully the starters are much better and nobody goes down - because if any of these ham & eggers we're seeing now have to step in, BIG trouble.

I was looking for 7-8 wins this year, now I fear that's a pipe dream, and 3-4 may be more realistic. Am I all wet?

And just when they put a decent-looking drive together - fumble inside the 5. Fuuuuuuuuccccc
Good points. In addition, I find no reason to watch these games, after watching them. Next, year I'll start watching when the coaches decide to start playing. Of course, all is forgotten if they when the 1st real game!