Cardinals at Ravens - Official Game Thread

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No slick..I see crap and I post it...I said Whiz should have been fired when we won the WEST 2 years ago...He is a bad coach and we won in spite of him. So now everyone wants Whiz gone...I said it 2 years ago. And since it gets to the point of numbing that he does the same things every week and gets away with it...it becomes even more frustrating.

Give it a rest dude. Just, give us a grieving period of like 10 minutes man. Whis put our players in a position to win the game. That punt pinning us inside our 5 was a fluke. Still, our players were in position to get 1st downs and kick the field goal with the clock at 0, and they didn't do it. That's not coach's fault, I don't care what kind of lead we gave up. Players didn't make plays, and Whis keeps saying it, and ya'll keep hating it, but it's true, and it comes down to mental discipline and toughness (I'll keep saying it) and these players don't have it yet, and it's not even that surprising on offense.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I seldom question the play calling, because I'm pretty sure that I don't know as much as the coaches.

But how wells doesn't get the ball more in the 2nd half when were trying to protect the lead, AND, the ravens are absolutley terrorizing kolb, is questionable.

Even on our last possession. 1st and ten from our fifteen. I run wells vs. the pass to roberts.

Oh well.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I seldom question the play calling, because I'm pretty sure that I don't know as much as the coaches.

But how wells doesn't get the ball more in the 2nd half when were trying to protect the lead, AND, the ravens are absolutley terrorizing kolb, is questionable.

Even on our last possession. 1st and ten from our fifteen. I run wells vs. the pass to roberts.

Oh well.

That's what kills me man. After Baltimore scored coming out in the 3rd quarter, I still would have pounded Wells and just kept pounding him. Instead, they seemed like they wanted to make some kind of statement, about responding and all that. They should have just kept pounding the heart of that D, the linebackers. More Beanie giving Ray Lewis a forearm and plowing forward. That's what was necessary at that point. All 3rd quarter, most of the 4th.

This team doesn't realize that Beanie destroying the linebackers pays off in the passing game, when they're gassed, fearing Beanie (who could be blocking), and they just can't make those cuts as fast, just don't have the "fly" they had earlier.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
No slick..I see crap and I post it...I said Whiz should have been fired when we won the WEST 2 years ago...He is a bad coach and we won in spite of him. So now everyone wants Whiz gone...I said it 2 years ago. And since it gets to the point of numbing that he does the same things every week and gets away with it...it becomes even more frustrating.

Yeah coz firing Whiz is what will turn this franchise around :rolleyes:

So lets get a new coach in here and keep the same talent, the same OL, the same Defensive scheme, the same 50 year old linebackers, the same GM and see how well the Cards do

The reality is the problems with this franchise run much deeper than the head coach and it bothers me when short sighted people keep harping on that.

I get it you dont like Whiz (and you said it 2 years ago so you win the internet future-teller award) but you area fool to believe its all on Whiz. Make no mistake these issues run much deeper than that and start in the FO.

So good luck on your one man bitch session slick...ill catch you in a few yeard when your bitching about the next head coach and scratching your head in wonderment while you start another "Fire (insert coach here)" thread.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That's what kills me man. After Baltimore scored coming out in the 3rd quarter, I still would have pounded Wells and just kept pounding him. Instead, they seemed like they wanted to make some kind of statement, about responding and all that. They should have just kept pounding the heart of that D, the linebackers. More Beanie giving Ray Lewis a forearm and plowing forward. That's what was necessary at that point. All 3rd quarter, most of the 4th.

This team doesn't realize that Beanie destroying the linebackers pays off in the passing game, when they're gassed, fearing Beanie (who could be blocking), and they just can't make those cuts as fast, just don't have the "fly" they had earlier.

Amen brother. Amen.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So where this this one rank?

Worse than the collapse against Washington? Or worse than the collapse against Seattle? Or worse than the collapse against the Giants? Or worse than the never showed up against the Vikings? Or worse than the road game in Glendale against the Steelers?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL at the tag in this thread btw, just noticed it!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So where this this one rank?

Worse than the collapse against Washington? Or worse than the collapse against Seattle? Or worse than the collapse against the Giants? Or worse than the never showed up against the Vikings? Or worse than the road game in Glendale against the Steelers?

All it tells me is that we're close, as horrible as we all think we've played, we're close, in all those games. All we need is a stable offensive line and a Kevin Kolb with poise. That'll come, after Kolb racks up some reps. Lot of today wasn't even on him, his receivers missed easy hot routes and couldn't execute simple things, like looking back to the QB when you know he's being blitzed, to not facing off against their DB when going across the middle. Sometimes you gotta flatten out, but only Fitz does that for us. Our 2ndary receivers suck, and they aren't expected to do that much.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So lets get a new coach in here and keep the same talent, the same OL, the same Defensive scheme, the same 50 year old linebackers, the same GM and see how well the Cards do

The reality is the problems with this franchise run much deeper than the head coach and it bothers me when short sighted people keep harping on that.

I get it you dont like Whiz (and you said it 2 years ago so you win the internet future-teller award) but you area fool to believe its all on Whiz. Make no mistake these issues run much deeper than that and start in the FO.

So good luck on your one man bitch session slick...ill catch you in a few yeard when your bitching about the next head coach and scratching your head in wonderment while you start another "Fire (insert coach here)" thread.

yes...But with a decent QB we won 3 west divisions and an NFC championship. But Whiz is the one running the personal decisions...Just like Denny Green was.....WHiz could have kept Breaston, Dansby and Boldin. Denny Green could get great talent but couldnt coach. Whiz cant do either.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
For some reason this game made me think of Timm Rosenbach. I started imagining that Kolb might be thinking, now that I'm actually the unquestionable starter on this team, my life is a nightmare and there is nothing stopping me from just walking away. If not, I think this is the kind of game that will make him a better QB. Big picture, if he's a legitimate starter, are rebuilding plan could take less than the normal 10 years for this team.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

A lot of things are broke on this team. Kenny is at least partially responsible for our losses, although how much he's responsible is tough to say.

But if you're saying that hiring a new head coach won't turn this team into a playoff contender, I agree with that.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For some reason this game made me think of Timm Rosenbach. I started imagining that Kolb might be thinking, now that I'm actually the unquestionable starter on this team, my life is a nightmare and there is nothing stopping me from just walking away. If not, I think this is the kind of game that will make him a better QB. Big picture, if he's a legitimate starter, are rebuilding plan could take less than the normal 10 years for this team.

I actually think Kolb made progress today. (Edit: I should explain. His footwork was unquestionably better. At least 2 of those sacks, and most likely 3, were because his receivers didn't recognize the blitz and hot read. He stepped up into the pocket most of the time. Some of you complained about his roll-outs, but those were planned, designed plays.)

That being said, our offense still looked horrible.

Last edited:

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
49ers havent had a winning record in 5 years...no player additions, no major over hauls......add a coach and voila...It can be done. We have talent...Solid RB, Great WR, good TE's...Decent defensive players....schemes and plays suck.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
49ers havent had a winning record in 5 years...no player additions, no major over hauls......add a coach and voila...It can be done. We have talent...Solid RB, Great WR, good TE's...Decent defensive players....schemes and plays suck.

We lack at 3 of the 3 most important positions in the NFL...OT, edge rusher & QB. We might have an edge rusher & might have a QB...but as of today they aren't differance makers.

IMO the talent isn't as good as most people here think & this team lacks differance makers, coaching aside.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

If you really believe this Cards team is as talented as the Niners you are fooling yourself.

First the Cards wr's are not starting caliber
the LBS on thisd team are abysmal.
The secondary is awful
The oline is bad, very bad
the QB is well, not very good right now

The niners have so much more talent n defense alone its ridiculous

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So who's gonna be the fall guy if Whiz doesn't get fired after this season? Grimm? Graves?

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I personally believe that Graves must be the first person to go. That should have happened last week. I would want my gm to come in and get an idea of how this culture functions so that he can be up to speed when the season is over and get the problems corrected and not have to have another year to sort things out.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL. We aren't that bad of a team, we've been close in every game. We don't suck, we just aren't very good.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LOL. We aren't that bad of a team, we've been close in every game. We don't suck, we just aren't very good.

They do suck but only every other play. I've never seen a team like this one where every guy on the team makes good plays and then just pulls some jughead stunt and gets a flag or beat for a TD or drops a pass or whiffs on a block.

I've said it before and I'll write it again, its like they are drawing delicatessen #s to see whose turn it is to screw up next.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They do suck but only every other play. I've never seen a team like this one where every guy on the team makes good plays and then just pulls some jughead stunt and gets a flag or beat for a TD or drops a pass or whiffs on a block.

I've said it before and I'll write it again, its like they are drawing delicatessen #s to see whose turn it is to screw up next.

I keep posting this, but it's mental toughness. Until you get guys in that position, they're going to suck. Guys like Fitz, no, guys like Boldin, no, but a guy like Doucet, he's going to make errors, and all of our 2ndary receivers made huge errors today, in the 3rd quarter especially.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05