Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did I say it's all on Kyler? I did not. Kyler is the QB. Kyler played badly. Kyler deserves blame. Simple.

IDGAF about roll outs or runs. He takes too long, panics, and takes needless sacks. That's enough for us to lose right there. Throw in bad coaching on both sides of the ball, awful defensive personnel, lack of effort, and so on, and you get a blowout.

But, yes, Kyler sucked. Deal with it.
Oh great comeback so the answer is no. Takes to long lol the Oline got abused today and receivers blanketed but sure. Had a handful of drops and still only a few inc passes. Any honest person could just see a terrible game plan was in place and they paid the price!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh great comeback so the answer is no. Takes to long lol the Oline got abused today and receivers blanketed but sure. Had a handful of drops and still only a few inc passes. Any honest person could just see a terrible game plan was in place and they paid the price!
A terrible game plan and terrible QB play plus terrible defense equates to a blowout, I agree.

Just be honest for once. Just try. Can you find not even a little fault with him eating the ball time after time? Can you find no fault whatsoever? I swear, the first ever genuine criticism of Kyler you either give or accept will be your first. You are transparent. At least when he plays well I give him kudos. Where is your slightest criticisms of the guy?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early both the radio and the TV were pointing out how none of the receivers were beating man coverage.

The lack of attention spent to both lines in the off season is criminal. They generate no pressure and they block poorly up the middle.

Murray hasn't elevated anyone in the last two weeks. He looks late / off script constantly and looks like he doesn't trust his line. Pedestrian is how i would describe his play.

The whole team rolled over and showed their belly.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A terrible game plan and terrible QB play plus terrible defense equates to a blowout, I agree.

Just be honest for once. Just try. Can you find not even a little fault with him eating the ball time after time? Can you find no fault whatsoever? I swear, the first ever genuine criticism of Kyler you either give or accept will be your first. You are transparent. At least when he plays well I give him kudos. Where is your slightest criticisms of the guy?
lol he took a few sacks yeah it happens especially when the pockets collapse all over you quickly. You people say he needs to hang in there until someone opens up and deliver the ball then bitch about when he gets sacked as a result it’s idiotic! You act as though receivers were running wide open out there today…. shocker they weren’t! This was a team ass whooping that maybe was needed the OC needs to make big changes or shown the door!

Stout

Reaction score
lol he took a few sacks yeah it happens especially when the pockets collapse all over you quickly. You people say he needs to hang in there until someone opens up and deliver the ball then bitch about when he gets sacked as a result it’s idiotic! You act as though receivers were running wide open out there today…. shocker they weren’t! This was a team ass whooping that maybe was needed the OC needs to make big changes or shown the door!
Ha! For once, we agree, just not in the way you mean. You made it half a sentence before you failed to criticize. Are there any options between hang in there until someone opens up and taking a bad sack? Think hard, and I'm sure you can come up with one. It's the thing he just couldn't bring himself to do today.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hey crimson, I don’t mischaracterize what your posts say so I’d appreciate if you try not to do the same. I am not going to use the word “lies” to avoid emotional arguments.

I have nowhere blamed the entire game on kyler. In fact, if you go through the thread you’ll see the first few posts from me were all about the defense. Then about petzig. And also about Wilson. I believe kyler may have literally been the last part of the team I criticized.

But kyler wasn’t good. You might ask why everyone is focused on discussing him. I’d say it is for a few reasons:

1. Literally everyone on the board is singing in unison about how bad the defense is. That doesn’t beget much conversation. “The defense is terrible!” “Yeah!” “Yes it is!” - there’s only so many ways you can agree with that statement.

2. Petzig - see above.

3. Kyler - the only part of a thrashing that is receiving any defense. So forget for a second he’s the QB (the most important player on any football team, and there are still questions about him in season 6), and ask yourself which topic is going to attract the most discussion? The ones upon which we all agree or the ones where there’s difference of opinion. Then ask yourself this question: how can you absolve the most important player on offense of any blame on a day where he only scored 7 points when the game was still question?

I give you credit for always standing behind kyler. I have to admit, I’ll never understand the level of loyalty some of you have to a single player. To me they’re all just pieces to entertainment. They are good or bad or mediocre. I like the way some play more than others, but I’ll have any player that I place on a shelf above all criticism. I don’t get it.

Oh fine, and that makes sense. I appreciate your thoughtful response.

To be honest, tonight's criticism of Murray (including yours) rises to the level where it offends my sense of fairness, but I understand it is a matter of perception, and that I'm in a tiny minority that thinks he played okay (not good, but at least average). It's probably foolish and pointless of me to try to moderate the criticism of him. Also, I am probably a little too emotionally invested in this one particular player, but it is what it is.

For the record, I think it's plausible the Cardinals part ways with Murray after next year. Maybe his skill set is does not fit MO, JG and DPs plan going forward. If Murray leaves, fine, I'll regret it some, but of course I'll be a huge fan of our shiny new rookie QB.

Still, and as unimaginable as it may sound, despite his performance today, I still think K1 can lead us to a championship some day. Or at least, win a championship some day. Perhaps just not with us.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope. And hope you have a nice evening Ouchie.

Stout

Reaction score
Oh fine, and that makes sense. I appreciate your thoughtful response.

To be honest, tonight's criticism of Murray (including yours) rises to the level where it offends my sense of fairness, but I understand it is a matter of perception, and that I'm in a tiny minority that thinks he played okay (not good, but at least average). It's probably foolish and pointless of me to try to moderate the criticism of him. Also, I am probably a little too emotionally invested in this one particular player, but it is what it is.

For the record, I think it's plausible the Cardinals part ways with Murray after next year. Maybe his skill set is does not fit MO, JG and DPs plan going forward. If Murray leaves, fine, I'll regret it some, but of course I'll be a huge fan of our shiny new rookie QB.

Still, and as unimaginable as it may sound, despite his performance today, I still think K1 can lead us to a championship some day. Or at least, win a championship some day. Perhaps just not with us.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope. And hope you have a nice evening Ouchie.
I think rather than say he played average, look at it as he played scared. He maintained a higher passing score by taking bad sacks rather than throw the ball away. That crushed the offense's hopes. Simply throwing it away and living to fight another down rather than lose eight yards and kill a drive before it starts is smart QB play.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early both the radio and the TV were pointing out how none of the receivers were beating man coverage.

The lack of attention spent to both lines in the off season is criminal. They generate no pressure and they block poorly up the middle.

Murray hasn't elevated anyone in the last two weeks. He looks late / off script constantly and looks like he doesn't trust his line. Pedestrian is how i would describe his play.

The whole team rolled over and showed their belly.

I kept losing feed and could only get it on my desktop where I don't have good sound so I was casting the radio feed to my google home pod. Pasch and Wolfley were saying the same thing, they were in man except they were helping on Marvin and nobody was able to beat man coverage.

And yes Kyler clearly doesn't trust his line and for some reason he won't run now. At least 2 of those sacks, maybe 3 were short drop get the ball out and he held it.

I've been saying this for years the problem with the short drops with Kyler is at his size when he's closer to the LOS it makes it harder for him to throw over guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Cardinals should be active sellers at the trade deadline.
The only player to sell is Baker. Maybe Conner. But you aren't getting anything for either of them, and you are sending out two of the team leaders and top 10 players on the roster. I don't believe you increase the talent level of your team by getting rid of your best players for 6th round picks.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only player to sell is Baker. Maybe Conner. But you aren't getting anything for either of them, and you are sending out two of the team leaders and top 10 players on the roster. I don't believe you increase the talent level of your team by getting rid of your best players for 6th round picks.

Both are on final year deals. This year is lost.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think rather than say he played average, look at it as he played scared. He maintained a higher passing score by taking bad sacks rather than throw the ball away. That crushed the offense's hopes. Simply throwing it away and living to fight another down rather than lose eight yards and kill a drive before it starts is smart QB play.

Fine Stout. I'm not going to concede Murray sucked today, but neither do I want to argue all week if Murray was average or awful.

It was a terrible, soul-crushing loss, and fair or not, the QB is always going to get a disproportionate share of the blame for day like today.

And, fair or not, a QB in the last year of his contract can't expect to be re-upped if his team is 6-11. I understand there's a universe where Murray is not our QB for the 2026 season.

Still, I have gallons and gallons of Kool Aid in the emergency "1-7" shelter man. I'm prepared to hold out for a looooog time. haha :)

Sucks to be us, and hope you can find something interesting to do this evening to distract you from today's super disappointing disaster!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Unless Kyler's hurt and they are hiding it, I don't know. Only thing I can think is that Pet was feeling himself and all the praise after the first two weeks and he wanted to make sure it was all about him
I doubt that. You know the way coaches get promotions? Winning. You don’t sabotage your success.

This is now two
Correct, I agree! Now tell me all the great players that this offense has that it should be some unstoppable force, I’ll wait… Oline couldn’t even hold up to what everyone on here says is a horrible defense? Basically you have JC running and MJH as threats and Kyler but they decided to feature JC and not run Kyler at all, that’s in the staff period! You have to use the talent you have not say hey let’s keep him in the pocket the whole game and take sack I mean seriously this is HS level poo they are totally screwing up!
tgere is no doubt the play calling was horrendous. The worst of the season after the first drive imo. And this season petzig has been good to start games but then mediocre-to-atrocious after. Whatever we thought we had last season seems a distant memory.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
omg, fine, I'm sorry if I offended you.

My point with the stat line was that Murray did not stink up the field today. I'm not saying he didn't contribute to the loss. I'm sure he could have played better. If you think he was awful, fine. I'm not going to argue it beyond this evening.
That’s your prerogative. For those of us that want to discuss the most important position on the team tomorrow and beyond, please allow us the grace to do so. You are welcome to weigh in on the conversation.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Both are on final year deals. This year is lost.
Yes, but your job isn't tied to the team's success. It's a tougher sell to Gannon and Monti. Those two will want to avoid the worse three season stretch in franchise history more than getting 6th round picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake