Diamondbacks vs Giants series thread

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's sad watching Miggy as his batting average drops into the .190's. The worse part is that he is killing the #3 spot as well as the cleanup spot.

With them pitching around Goldy, his first three at-bats were two walks and a hit batsman.

And just as I post it, after Goldy grounds out, Miggy gets a single (after going 1-for-20). Maybe . . .

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another bullpen letdown, ugh.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hmmmmm the bullpen was supposed to be a strength of this team. I know its early but they have blown too many saves and it isn't May.

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
David Hernandez will forever be a weak link. Always has been....irritated....

On the bright side Ill be at the game tomorrow to see Corbin dominate!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
David Hernandez will forever be a weak link. Always has been....irritated....

On the bright side Ill be at the game tomorrow to see Corbin dominate!

wait, what? if that's supposed to be sarcasm forgive me... but david hernandez is one of the top arms in our pen.. he's usually a stud, one bad night doesnt rewrite history..

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what about the bad night in NY? I don't think he,as wel las the rest of the bullpen has performed, at the level we were told they would.

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
wait, what? if that's supposed to be sarcasm forgive me... but david hernandez is one of the top arms in our pen.. he's usually a stud, one bad night doesnt rewrite history..

Stud? Don't think so. Clutch? Definitely not.

Pretty good when there's not pressure. That's the highest praise he'll earn from this guy.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Pretty good when there's not pressure. That's the highest praise he'll earn from this guy.

I'm completely blown away at your analysis of hernandez.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Hernandez isn't a stud... however, he can be. He's got an incredible arm with great movement on all his pitches.
Last night, he got lazy... He threw a sharp breaking ball with piss-poor location to Sandoval, who laced it into right field for a single. He then threw 2 offspeed pitches right under the chin of Posey, and followed those with a fastball right down maint street... which of course, Posey pounded over the centerfield fence.

Coaching... Nagy and Gibby need to stay ALL OVER Hernandez. He's got the "stuff", he just need to stay focused.
Now Sipp on the other hand... Dude needs to be gone, like NOW!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hernandez isn't a stud... however, he can be. He's got an incredible arm with great movement on all his pitches.
Last night, he got lazy... He threw a sharp breaking ball with piss-poor location to Sandoval, who laced it into right field for a single. He then threw 2 offspeed pitches right under the chin of Posey, and followed those with a fastball right down maint street... which of course, Posey pounded over the centerfield fence.

Coaching... Nagy and Gibby need to stay ALL OVER Hernandez. He's got the "stuff", he just need to stay focused.
Now Sipp on the other hand... Dude needs to be gone, like NOW!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Didi Gregarious has gotten off to such a good start.

So Gibby now has him hitting in front of the pitcher for the first time.

As weak as our hitting has been, why would he demote a young player who has started well? In front of the pitcher, Didi will be lucky to see one good pitch per at-bat. I just don't get it!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, he got Posey out to end the inning but it was not fun to watch.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To think the genius that is Kevin Towers extended Putz two years instead of trying to trade him last year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I saw Montero balancing his checkbook waiting to the Panda to get to the plate.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yeah-the 7th, 8th, & 9th BP pitchers were supposed to be one of the strengths of this team.

Oops....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05