Diamondbacks vs Giants series thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never an easy game. I feel bad for the starters because the bullpen has taken away some well deserve wins for them.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never an easy game. I feel bad for the starters because the bullpen has taken away some well deserve wins for them.

They have for sure, Corbin was fantastic last night. I still think it's a bit early to write them off. Ziegler, Colmenter and Reynolds have been great, I think the others will come around in time. Heath Bell on the other hand... :mulli:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved that we won it, hated how we won it.

These late inning pitching collapses need to stop now. There's nothing worse for morale than to play a great came, only to have the setup guy and closer lob lollipops up there.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think the others will come around in time. Heath Bell on the other hand... :mulli:
I was on the anti-Heath Bell bandwagon, too, until I saw this in the AzRepublic today.

After giving up runs in two of his first three appearances, reliever Heath Bell has registered five consecutive scoreless appearances, striking out 10 of the 19 batter he's faced in that span.

"He made some mechanical adjustments," Gibson said.

He was just brought into the Giants game. We'll see how he does.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was just brought into the Giants game. We'll see how he does.

Nice inning by Bell. I too have noticed that he's been picking it up a bit lately. I just can't get a good feel for the guy, every time he throws the ball I'm just waiting for the pitch to get rocked.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
walking pennington to get to parra. wtf. even with first open... 2 outs...

HAHA, as I was typing this.. way to go parra

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Putz already has 3 blown ninth inning saves and now Hernandez has another, so much for this being a strength of the team.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
really would have liked to get another run or 2 there, on to the bottom of the 10th!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5-0 in extra innings. we won the series, but it really doesn't feel like it. bring on the rockies

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
walking pennington to get to parra. wtf. even with first open... 2 outs...

HAHA, as I was typing this.. way to go parra

I didn't see it, but did that really happen? If so, then Bochy botched it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Bell needs to have a chat with Hernandez and Putz. These two guys are scary right now..... Team plays well, they screw the pooch.

WAKE UP, YOU TWO!!!!! :mad:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see it, but did that really happen? If so, then Bochy botched it.

Yeah, runner on second 2 outs.. Pennington gets intenionally walked. Makes zero sense to me. even with first open, I don't understand that move, especially at the time it was a tie game. Maybe it was a missed sign or something o_O

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, runner on second 2 outs.. Pennington gets intenionally walked. Makes zero sense to me. even with first open, I don't understand that move, especially at the time it was a tie game. Maybe it was a missed sign or something o_O

That was taking the righty/lefty thing to the extreme, totally ignoring the numbers. Righties have annihilated Mijares this year. Pennington is a classic light-hitting middle fielder who hits a lot of ground balls. Given, Parra is hitting only .154 against lefties this year, but Pennington is hitting .077! Backing into that matchup has been about the only benefit to Pennington's switch hitting this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05