Is it me or.....? Refs. blow!

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
Many times I know the love I have for the suns makes me watch the games with the thought that the suns get screwed.
After game 1 I knew we were getting screwed. I know the NBA wants to see a game 7 in every series but this is rediculious.

Ok the news I have is Amare now 100 percent and is thinking of coming back 4 the playoffs. Now will it happen? Its not totally up to him. The suns want to rest him till next year. (he has been running full speed in practice.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
no its not you. I too have noticed how badly the refs are at Dallas. That being said, people have stated that cuban gets the calls due to complaining day in and day out. It should be different at phoenix. Amare? you need to post web sites with info on that. But i am sure he wants to come back but can he keep up?

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
no its not you. I too have noticed how badly the refs are at Dallas. That being said, people have stated that cuban gets the calls due to complaining day in and day out. It should be different at phoenix. Amare? you need to post web sites with info on that. But i am sure he wants to come back but can he keep up?

Only losers cry about calls. When you lose you lose. PERIOD

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
greensborohill said:

I think there was plenty to bitch about in the LAL series, but not this one. In game 2 the officiating was not great, but prob affected each team equally. In game 1 the officiating was probably better but Mavs could have easily won had Dirk been fouled on some of his late post moves. Not that he should have been, but I imagine Kobe, Lebron, etc would have drawn fouls on some of that contact.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
tobiazz said:
I think there was plenty to bitch about in the LAL series, but not this one. In game 2 the officiating was not great, but prob affected each team equally. In game 1 the officiating was probably better but Mavs could have easily won had Dirk been fouled on some of his late post moves. Not that he should have been, but I imagine Kobe, Lebron, etc would have drawn fouls on some of that contact.

I guess you guys have something to complain about given the LAL series, but so far the Mavs series has been called fairly well.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
36-11 for ft's in game 2. nothing wrong there :p and not 1 foul on dirk. lol ok

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Bitching about the refs is for the losers.

Refs are human, they miss calls sometimes.

Dirk did travel right after Marion did and I found myself wondering where the contact was on some calls but oh well.

There are some calls the Mavs could question as well.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
krispydude said:
36-11 for ft's in game 2. nothing wrong there :p and not 1 foul on dirk. lol ok

Of course dallas fans think a 36-11 disparity in FT translates to fair.

Anyways here is the real deal Unfortunately, the NBA and basketball in general is the sport where officiating is more involved and as a consequence a greater likelyhood for human interpretation impacting the game. It's part of the territory.
Now couple that with the very real issue that the NBA is 50% sport and 50% marketing and you have the conspiracy theories, which IMO there is definately something to. But trust me the NBA as fixed as it is, it knows that they can't skew the calling too much since the ratings on this series are going through the roof, I expect it to be called skewed tomorrow for the Suns say 5 FT disparity in favor of Dallas (which IMO is skewed towards the Suns) and Greenbourgh will come in and bitch that it was a poorly officiated game just like all the whiny Dallas fans do. Becuase remeber 25 ft disparity and no one in foul trouble is very fair when you are a homer.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wsupkid said:
Many times I know the love I have for the suns makes me watch the games with the thought that the suns get screwed.
After game 1 I knew we were getting screwed. I know the NBA wants to see a game 7 in every series but this is rediculious.

Ok the news I have is Amare now 100 percent and is thinking of coming back 4 the playoffs. Now will it happen? Its not totally up to him. The suns want to rest him till next year. (he has been running full speed in practice.

Hi there buddy!!!!

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
greensborohill said:

Anyone else find this absurd coming from a Mavs fan? Cuban has been b****ing and moaning about the refs ALL YEAR LONG.

OP
OP
wsupkid

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
To him that calls me out. Game 1 (the one the suns won) is the game I had a big problem with. It is so obvious that you would like it if dallas gets the calls. I hated both LA series and game one.
I know the NBA wants 7 games but there should be some kind of penalty if refs just blow calls. I was asking a question I know I love watching the suns win and I see the game different sometimes. But that lakers bull s---- was rediculious. I want to watch a good game, and to me it seems that the suns just don't get the calls they should. Even with the MVP.

OP
OP
wsupkid

wsupkid

Registered
Reaction score
carey said:
Anyone else find this absurd coming from a Mavs fan? Cuban has been b****ing and moaning about the refs ALL YEAR LONG.

Ok, you know as well as I do that everyone has jumped off the Detroit band wagon ind has now jumoed on the Mavs. for some reason.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
36-11 FT's seems fair when the team shooting 11 FT's is primarily a jump shooting team? Don't you think?

Didn't you guys shoot the least amount of FT's in the NBA this season?

And it's Mark Cuban's job to take care of his investment by "complaining", it's just shouldn't be the job of fans.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
36-11 FT's seems fair when the team shooting 11 FT's is primarily a jump shooting team?

What part of "The Suns scored more points in the paint" don't you understand?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
It was obvious coming in that Dallas would get every opportunity to hold serve in game 2. The Suns were going to have to win going uphill, and they weren't good enough to do so.

On the other hand, my guess is, the Suns will get some help in today's game. :rolleyes:

Nash

Reaction score
elindholm said:
36-11 FT's seems fair when the team shooting 11 FT's is primarily a jump shooting team?

What part of "The Suns scored more points in the paint" don't you understand?

You're trying to reason with a Mavs fan with FACTS? Hee hee. That doesn't work. Too subtle for them.
Shout out your opinion , take off your shirt and start twirlng it in the air, a la Cuban and they will listen to you.
Remember - rowdy, proud, loud is their mantra.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
36-11 FT's seems fair when the team shooting 11 FT's is primarily a jump shooting team? Don't you think?

Didn't you guys shoot the least amount of FT's in the NBA this season?

And it's Mark Cuban's job to take care of his investment by "complaining", it's just shouldn't be the job of fans.

its funny how ppl dont even look at the numbers before posting

Game 1: Points in the paint
Suns: 72
Mavs: 74

Game 2: Points in the paint
Suns: 46
Mavs: 48

this series we arent shooting as many jump shots since the mavs interior defense is pretty poor. dirk and nash have 1 thing in common, they both cant play defense. dampier is useless in this series, and diop had a decent game 2. so ya a 36-11 ft disparity is pretty eye opening to the way the officiating went in game 2.

both teams are lucky to be 1-1. suns could have easily been 2-0 and the mavs could also easily been 2-0

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've always wanted to see the win-loss/referee ratios. Interesting. Unfortunately, there are probably not enough games per ref, to make the numbers significant.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Someone to put a horse head in Joe Crawford's bed ?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I do have one other complaint about the referee's last night, but again let me say that I don't think the 2 losses can be blamed on them.

Two times in the first half and I believe one time in the second half the referees gave Dallas the ball after they clearly hit it out of bounds. I know there was two times along the baseline where even without replay it was obvious that the ball went off the Mavericks, but they gave it to them anyways.

Joe

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
interesting statistics on the W/L record by officials. I would like to see that over a few seasons and see if there are any trends you could bet on.

The officiating has been pretty good. I think Drik just gets an extra step instead of travelling. I find it funny that Dallas fans' were booing Diaw trying to get a travel call when Dirk is on their own team.

But all in all this has been a pretty fair series. Dallas has played better and they have the lead, the Suns are still in postion to win the series but Tues. night is a must win.

island_dude

Reaction score
Cuban is the last guy Stern wants to hand a championship trophy to. I just don't understand where all this conspiracy crap comes from involving Cuban and the Mavs. You can pick the officiating apart any time you lose, but in reality it's very rarely the reason why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05