Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake Plummer says hello.
Disagree. Jake was much more popular than Kyler even until the end of his time here. He could throw three picks, fumble, and the majority opinion was "he has to try to do too much".

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that two of the top 3 threads right now are blasting Kyler, including 1 "appreciation" thread, while there isn't even a thread on the first page that is addressing this atrocity of a defense is pretty telling.

Probably because we knew this defense was going to be an atrocity months ago.

What is unexpected is the offense has been pretty terrible for 3 games this season. Scoring 13 points(Lions, Packers) and 14 points(Commanders.)

Two of the last three games have been blowouts where the entire team is embarrassing.

It would be easier to stomach these losses if the Cards were losing say 35-28 where at least the offense was giving us hope for the future.

I'm still in the keep Kyler camp. However, if Cards have many more games this season where the offense can't score more than 14 points, I might join the Yes votes.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disagree. Jake was much more popular than Kyler even until the end of his time here. He could throw three picks, fumble, and the majority opinion was "he has to try to do too much".
Winning a playoff game in year 2 helped extend grace.
(Playing at ASU helped a bit as well)
Probably because we knew this defense was going to be an atrocity months ago.

What is unexpected is the offense has been pretty terrible for 3 games this season. Scoring 13 points(Lions, Packers) and 14 points(Commanders.)

Two of the last three games have been blowouts where the entire team is embarrassing.

It would be easier to stomach these losses if the Cards were losing say 35-28 where at least the offense was giving us hope for the future.

I'm still in the keep Kyler camp. However, if Cards have many more games this season where the offense can't score more than 14 points, I might join the Yes votes.
While I didn't expect the offense to be this bad I do think people greatly overrated the talent on offense.

Conner looking like the 2nd best RB in the league to end the year and some terrible defenses inflated people's view of the offense.

I think you have to fire Petzing immediately to give Kyler a chance. Petzing is not doing Kyler any favors and the heat comes down on Kyler
You cant bring both of them back if nothing changes. @DVontel I think Monti signed off on Petzing cause this is the type of offense he wants to run. Very similar to those Titans teams. I think they want Drew to run his offense and if Kyler adapts then great. If not they'll be willing to find a guy that does. I think Kyler has played well, but wouldn't shock me if they think a much taller traditional QB is the fit.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

While I didn't expect the offense to be this bad I do think people greatly overrated the talent on offense.

Conner looking like the 2nd best RB in the league to end the year and some terrible defenses inflated people's view of the offense.

You cant bring both of them back if nothing changes. @DVontel I think Monti signed off on Petzing cause this is the type of offense he wants to run. Very similar to those Titans teams. I think they want Drew to run his offense and if Kyler adapts then great. If not they'll be willing to find a guy that does. I think Kyler has played well, but wouldn't shock me if they think a much taller traditional QB is the fit.

Offense has been disappointing partly because the oline is not playing as well as it did at the end of last year.

The pass protection sucked again yesterday. Run blocking was just okay.

E. Brown went out towards the end of the game, meaning we had backups in at three out of five positions.

Offensive line is a mess right now.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a tough one yesterday. How you holding up Chief? :)
Another disappointing game all around

My spirits are back on high again this morning

Ready for the next game

I'll be here through thick and thin like always

How are you doing?

I appreciate your posts and how you try to balance the KM issue

Have a good day and there's always next week :thumbup:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Another disappointing game all around

My spirits are back on high again this morning

Ready for the next game

I'll be here through thick and thin like always

How are you doing?

I appreciate your posts and how you try to balance the KM issue

Have a good day and there's always next week :thumbup:

My man. Good to hear you are back on track today.

yeah me too, feeling better after sleeping on it. Hoping for a better performance next week, haha.

Have a great week and looking forward to next week's game thread! Monday Night Football woo hoo! :)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is exactly but the offense overall doesn't seem to fit Kylers play style, whatever that is lol if Petzig stays they'll get rid of Kyler for a more bland traditional QB, but Petzig sucked in Cleveland so I'm not sure why he's here, I don't know what style offense Kyler needs but this ain't it

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Offense has been disappointing partly because the oline is not playing as well as it did at the end of last year.

The pass protection sucked again yesterday. Run blocking was just okay.

E. Brown went out towards the end of the game, meaning we had backups in at three out of five positions.

Offensive line is a mess right now.
You're not wrong.
This

Missing some key players and the backups are not getting it done
I think the most troubling thing about this season is we're committed to being a draft and develop team. Thats fine. I need to see more drafting (good talent) or developing it.

Adams and maybe even Christian Jones need to be out there showing something. Not ready to give up on Beach yet, but if vet min guys aren't working then the talent you drafted should.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have seen Leslie Nielsen in the Naked Gun stuff and never thought it was remotely funny. If it's more of that I will pass
WTH?!?! You’ve never seen Airplane never thought Leslie Nielsen was funny in the Naked Gun movies?

You… you’re crazy, man. I like you… but you’re crazy.

(Prob don’t get that reference either).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have to fire Petzing immediately to give Kyler a chance. Petzing is not doing Kyler any favors and the heat comes down on Kyler
So, first it was Kingsbury and not Kyler. Now it is Petzing and not Kyler? Then it will be the next coach or OC and not Kyler... Rinse and repeat.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Then now’s the time to trade Kyler.. several QB needy teams would take him in a heartbeat. Miami really seems to be the perfect match. They are all about being a track meet on offense and Kyler would fit that perfectly.. kyler Tyreke waddle and achne/mostert. That would be the fastest offense that ever existed and must see tv

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, first it was Kingsbury and not Kyler. Now it is Petzing and not Kyler? Then it will be the next coach or OC and not Kyler... Rinse and repeat.
Is Petzing playcalling Kyler’s fault? Literally not scheming to any of his best strengths. How’s Watson doing in Petzing’s mirrored offense in Cleveland? Although I think Watson has mental issues and his time away from the game will ultimately be the death of him… I don’t think he went from what people were saying top 5 QB in the league to really a poor backup QB at best. Watson has regressed bc of the above, BUT it’s also not an offensive style suited to his strengths. Like Kyler, he was best in Houston when getting outside of the pocket and making the defense either commit to him or not. Constant guessing game that tortured defenses.

Going plod plod.. 3rd and long and keeping kyler in shotgun in the pocket is doing the exact opposite of his best attributes.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Is Petzing playcalling Kyler’s fault? Literally not scheming to any of his best strengths. How’s Watson doing in Petzing’s mirrored offense in Cleveland? Although I think Watson has mental issues and his time away from the game will ultimately be the death of him… I don’t think he went from what people were saying top 5 QB in the league to really a poor backup QB at best. Watson has regressed bc of the above, BUT it’s also not an offensive style suited to his strengths. Like Kyler, he was best in Houston when getting outside of the pocket and making the defense either commit to him or not. Constant guessing game that tortured defenses.

Going plod plod.. 3rd and long and keeping kyler in shotgun in the pocket is doing the exact opposite of his best attributes.
The offense has been built to run the ball and when we don't we doin't win. It is pretty simple.

The question is should the offense be built around getting MHJ or McBride be the focus. Outside of JC our running backs aren't the best. I also think building a offense around McBride would be our best bet while MHJ develops.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The offense has been built to run the ball and when we don't we doin't win. It is pretty simple.

The question is should the offense be built around getting MHJ or McBride be the focus. Outside of JC our running backs aren't the best. I also think building a offense around McBride would be our best bet while MHJ develops.

What does an offense built around a TE even look like?

Trey McBride didn't get a target until there were 3 minutes left in the first half. Complete unacceptable, especially when your WR1 goes down on the third series.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would love nothing more than to think Kyler is the problem.

Fixing 1 issue vs 10 easy.

So my answer is no and he will pay the price and be successful elsewhere
Kyler isn't the main problem, but he's also not a transcendent talent that wills his team to a higher level like other great QB's. As the #1 pick in the draft, the expectation is that you'll be a star. Kyler just isn't a star. Hell, our coach/GM have decided as much as well since they've completely neutered him, making him into a caretaker rather than a dynamic weapon.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game thread was absolutely wild. That criticism crew will be silent for the entire thread until anything happens to confirm their bias.
I mean you could Literally say the same of his worshippers in reverse honestly.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22