Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler threw 3 TDs, two were called back, while playing in a hurricane for half the game. He had a gorgeous throw to Moore too that Moore couldn't hold on to. Another gorgeous throw to Dortch. He limited mistakes and looked much better on deep throws.
When you only look at the box score you get posts like his

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really struggled early, didn't put his head down and pout like so many of you thought he would. He did make some ugly throws for sure.

He led that 99 yard drive, rewarding the defense for it's terrific goaline stand, taking the momentum of the game.

That was good enough today. He doesn't always have to be 300/50/2/1.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
With 4:25 left 13/23 for 145 yards does not give me more confidence with Kyler. The offense today was McBride and Conner. We only had one pass play over 20 yards today.
Kyler did have some bad plays, but he also had his deep touch back and showed some real grittiness in this game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other play today that frustrated me was the pass to Conner that TJ Watt tipped away. My goodness that was going to be a HUGE play for Conner. I know it's a great play by Watt but you HAVE to get that ball over or around him because Conner has so much room to run on that play

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes against great defenses, you have to be a great game manager. And that was Murray today. Zero turnovers against a team that WAS #1 WITH A +11 TURNOVER MARGIN in the NFL. And that’s why they were 7-4 coming into this game. If anyone can complain today about how Murray played, they are FOOLS.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sometimes against great defenses, you have to be a great game manager. And that was Murray today. Zero turnovers against a team that WAS #1 WITH A +11 TURNOVER MARGIN in the NFL. And that’s why they were 7-4 coming into this game. If anyone can complain today about how Murray played, they are FOOLS.
Stop it. Kyler did not go up against a great defense today. He didn't turn the ball over which was good. Was a game manager but I feel like the conditions warranted it. Nothing foolish for wanting more from your QB but I feel like those folks need to consider the weather conditions.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody can deny that Kyler’s performance today has the arrow pointing up.
He had about 5-6 throws falling backwards that were terrible.
However, he showed a nice touch on a lot of his throws. He looked a little more calm. HE MANAGED THE GAME. He ran when he could or needed to.

At the very least this game is something to build on. Am I ready to go all in? Not quite.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop it. Kyler did not go up against a great defense today. He didn't turn the ball over which was good. Was a game manager but I feel like the conditions warranted it. Nothing foolish for wanting more from your QB but I feel like those folks need to consider the weather conditions.
Stop it?? One of the great Cardinal wins & this is what we get from you?? He had 2 touchdowns called back and another dropped. He led us to gritty, phenomenal win against a VERY GOOD defense. BTW, if you followed the Steelers like I do, if they didn’t have a great defense, they would have been 4-7 coming into this game instead of 7-4.

Stout

Reaction score
Agreed. There were bad plays--he got Demercado clobbered, for one--but he had his deep touch, he freaking led, and he showed some flashes of what he used to show.

Stout

Reaction score
Eh, I was impressed. And while it isn't a great defense, it's a great defense for explosive plays and takeaways.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. There were bad plays--he got Demercado clobbered, for one--but he had his deep touch, he freaking led, and he showed some flashes of what he used to show.
Yes, agree. Murray definitely is at fault for getting Demercado clobbered. As hard as it is to beat the Steelers and the refs in Pittsburgh, absolutely no one should be finding fault with any Cardinal player tonight.

Stout

Reaction score
Yes, agree. Murray definitely is at fault for getting Demercado clobbered. As hard as it is to beat the Steelers and the refs in Pittsburgh, absolutely no one should be finding fault with any Cardinal player tonight.
Know what was great? All the Steelers fans howling at the calls going against them lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Stop it?? One of the great Cardinal wins & this is what we get from you?? He had 2 touchdowns called back and another dropped. He led us to gritty, phenomenal win against a VERY GOOD defense. BTW, if you followed the Steelers like I do, if they didn’t have a great defense, they would have been 4-7 coming into this game instead of 7-4.
They don't have a great defense. There isn't any debating that. It was a good win, but no need to rewrite history.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're jumping on this comment on the day I gave him a bunch of kudos? Okay.

Today, he was better. Let's see how he is next week.
Not picking just stating we have seen him play near MVP level when he had more talent even if it was under Kk and his garbage system. Of course he’s gonna be better if he don’t have clowns like Moore dropping dimes that would be TDs, hence he doesn’t look Moores way much more don’t trust him to catch the damn ball. We got shorts dudes that drop a lot of balls even Hollywood should have caught one today that hit him right in the hands. Frustrating to watch imagine being the QB throwing to these idiots that keep dropping balls…

Stout

Reaction score
Not picking just stating we have seen him play near MVP level when he had more talent even if it was under Kk and his garbage system. Of course he’s gonna be better if he don’t have clowns like Moore dropping dimes that would be TDs, hence he doesn’t look Moores way much more don’t trust him to catch the damn ball. We got shorts dudes that drop a lot of balls even Hollywood should have caught one today that hit him right in the hands. Frustrating to watch imagine being the QB throwing to these idiots that keep dropping balls…
He had those same weapons the season he was playing near MVP level and under the same garbage coach when he was playing near MVP level. He still fell apart that season. The argument wears thin.