Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had an absolute meh game with a ton of garbage time stats to prop it up. The bed crapping was a team effort but Kyler was part of that. It's not like he three fro 350 yards and multiple TDs in a loss. He had 170 ish yards and 1 TD through 3 Qs. Maybe 100 yards or so in the 1st half. He was meh on the road vs an ok team with a bad defense.

Not saying we lost because of Kyler but he was also part of the reason it wasn't a competitive game. This team isn't good enough to withstand meh game's from it's QB.

It's completely not normal to have a 215 yard game when you are down the entire game and have no run game to speak of.

The book is written on stopping this team and our 2 wins have come against teams too arrogant to adjust how they play because they thought they could stomp us with their usual scheme.

All our losses have been against the same defense. Nobody is scared of Kyler beating them with his arm. You pack the box, you mush rush and you play man coverage. The Bills, Lions, Commanders and Packers all did the exact same thing. The Niners and Rams both played zone and allowed their edges to over pursue.

You kill the run and make Kyler throw against man.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that he didn't get sacked today. He's learning. I remember, on at least one occasion, that he actually threw the ball away when being chased, instead of running out of bounds and losing yardage.:rockon:

He didn't get sacked because teams are not committing to the edge rush, they would rather contain him and stop him running than stop him throwing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I saw this mid game, it was just before the half. He had about 5 rushing yards and 140 passing yards at the time and an 12 of 21 passes completed. That is not "playing well". The yards were average at best, and a bunch of those came off screens or YAC.

In a game we scored 13 and was behind the whole game he completed 3 passes over 10 yards and only attempted 5.

The majority of his completions were less than 5 yards.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Allen is averaging fewer ypg than Kyler and has a lower completion percentage than Kyler by over 8 percentage points this year. Allen is still an amazing QB, but he has also suffered from a lack of receiving options. Every QB does. Even Mahomes is having the worst year of his career without reliable receivers, and he still has arguably the best pass catching TE of all-time out there with him.

By no means am I saying Kyler is a better QB than either of those guys, but downplaying the need for solid receiving options for good QBs is just irrational.

He has MHJ, McBride and Wilson.

That's the best receiving options he's had in his career.

You could drop Davante Adams and Justin Jefferson into this offense and they would look like ass.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyler does get traded, if I were him, I would hope I go to a team with an already complete defense. He ain’t getting that here, just like Warner & Palmer never did outside of 1 season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He has MHJ, McBride and Wilson.

That's the best receiving options he's had in his career.

You could drop Davante Adams and Justin Jefferson into this offense and they would look like ass.

Wow, no.

In 2020 and 2021 we had DHop, legitimate, proven top five WR in the league DHop, and a dangerous Christian Kirk at WR. In 2021 we had dual threat Maxx Williams at TE until Williams got hurt and then had Ertz.

You would have to be crazy to take the current receiving corps over either the 2020 or 2021 group.

I'm confident MHJ will be great. But shockingly he's a liability while on the field now.