Kyler Murray Debate Thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah you worry about injury doing that but Kyler probably has a higher BMI than Lamar if he’s truly 6’2” and 205 lbs.

Someone (Kevin Clark maybe but probably not actually) said that Kyler is the “lightning” to Conner’s “thunder.” That sounded accurate.

Still, you have to have an answer on second and eight or first and 15 of there’s a pre-snap penalty. It just seems like investing a top 4 pick in a WR who doesn’t look any different than Michael Wilson was a mistake RN.
I think you need a #1 WR which is absolutely what MHJ can be. You have to be able to get over the top at times. McBride is the other receiving threat so ultimately that is enough for what this offense really wants to do. If the draft had been better defensively, it probably would be a more glaring misuse of resources, but I don't mind MHJ over Alt at this point considering Paris Johnson was drafted high the year before and the team gave Jonah Williams a bunch of cash.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One additional thing to add. With as limited as this passing game in AZ wants to be, Kyler probably has to prioritize some of these throws to McBride and MHJ. Obviously have to be smart with it, but you need to make sure your main guys are fed.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
This is why I wish they would use Kyler more like the Ravens use Lamar in the running game. Just lean into what he is special at which will minimize his limitations as a passer.

I also feel a more traditional QB gets you more consistent offense, but Kyler just hasn't shown he can be that. And the offensive personnel is fine. Better to just dump resources into the OL, RB and defense than trying to stack the WR room full of guys Kyler (edit: and the offensive scheme) can't really maximize.
This 100% should happen.

Why make our offense into some plodding double TE machine when you actually have a QB that can play.
I am starting to think that JG and his staff like games like we saw on Monday and prefer to play that way. It could be due to our limitations talent wise but I am not sure.

They won't be able to play like that this week against the fish. We will have to score points.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Reflecting on this past FA period. Outside of more front 7 talent, Monti probably should have grabbed a starting LG and then added Brown as depth instead of just adding Brown.

I know we had a ton of space, but it’s not super-fair to assert this in the hottest IOL market in memory. Whom would you have chased?

Evan Brown has been fine; Hernandez’s injury was unfortunate. I wish the young guys were coming along faster, but I don’t have much of a problem with this strategy.

One additional thing to add. With as limited as this passing game in AZ wants to be, Kyler probably has to prioritize some of these throws to McBride and MHJ. Obviously have to be smart with it, but you need to make sure your main guys are fed.

I dunno man. Kyler is passing the ball 28 times per game, McBride is getting 7.5 targets per game, and MHJ is getting 6.1 per game if you count the Packers game (7.2 if you don’t). They’re getting more than half of the target share.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know we had a ton of space, but it’s not super-fair to assert this in the hottest IOL market in memory. Whom would you have chased?

Evan Brown has been fine; Hernandez’s injury was unfortunate. I wish the young guys were coming along faster, but I don’t have much of a problem with this strategy.

I dunno man. Kyler is passing the ball 28 times per game, McBride is getting 7.5 targets per game, and MHJ is getting 6.1 per game if you count the Packers game (7.2 if you don’t). They’re getting more than half of the target share.
McBride is solid with 5.5 receptions per game. MHJ is unacceptable with 2.9. Between McBride and MHJ, you should have 10-12 receptions combined per game.

Kyler Murray being on pace for 3,231.7 yards passing this season is comical. The offense running 57.1 plays per game, the 3rd least offensive plays per game in the league, sucks. (sorry. highjacked.)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does nobody else watch QB's like Stafford and Darnold last night and not instantly see a massive differences in QB play? I'm not talking results so WR's are not involved, I'm talking QB play.

The pocket presence, the ability to go through progressions, the timing, the quality and variety of passing, the ability to fit balls into tight windows.

It's just night and day for me. To see what's wrong you just have to watch QB's doing it well.
Does any not watch and see massive discrepancy in play calling, WR separation and overall offensive talent?

You make it too easy Brit

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
McBride is solid with 5.5 receptions per game. MHJ is unacceptable with 2.9. Between McBride and MHJ, you should have 10-12 receptions combined per game.

Kyler Murray being on pace for 3,231.7 yards passing this season is comical. The offense running 57.1 plays per game, the 3rd least offensive plays per game in the league, sucks. (sorry. highjacked.)

Can't really control the receptions. We can only control the attempts. It's deranged that we only had 22 passing attempts in that Washington game. Completely unacceptable based on the game flow.

Average passing attempts per game are 31.9 this season; the Cards are attempting 28 passes per game.

I was alive when people said LJack was the reason the offense for the Ravens was bad.

People in Charleson, VA around 2017?

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
No, I'm asking you a question. Are you a Cards fan first or a Kyler fan first?
Dumbest question ever.

WhoTF would be a Cards fan of a player without liking the team?

This is the worst franchise in sports why even bother liking a player and not the team? They have been a national embarrassment for decades. Just now I saw that the cheerleaders being taken off the field was a national story.

Anyone on this board is a fan of the team why the hell would you come here if you weren't.

• 100%
Reactions: urs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does any not watch and see massive discrepancy in play calling, WR separation and overall offensive talent?

You make it too easy Brit

No, it's already been shown that receivers are getting open and the scheme is fine, or do you not believe Kurt Warner?

This is the same old sad continuation of its everyone else's fault but Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumbest question ever.

This is the worst franchise in sports why even bother liking a player and not the team? They have been a national embarrassment for decades. Just now I saw that the cheerleaders being taken off the field was a national story.

Anyone on this board is a fan of the team why the hell would you come here if you weren't.

It was a simple question you still haven't answer and yet again your reading comprehension is sub par.

I asked which was 1st, which implied the other was 2nd, not non existent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure you don't

See how easy it is to dispute this.

No, I don't.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to my question. Most of your posts here are pro Kyler or in defence of Kyler. Despite there being plenty of evidence that he's detrimental to this offense.

It seems to me you're more concerned about Kyler than the offensive output of this team. Hence the question.

I only care about results and I'd replace Kyler with a jugs machine on wheels if it gave us a better shot at that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Plenty of people; especially in today’s brand-driven climate. In soccer there are plenty of Mbappe fans who happily flipped away from PSG once he moved on, for example.

In this case, it’s probably a lot of Texas high school football fans and Sooners who hated the Cowboys or whatever.

Despite there being plenty of evidence that he's detrimental to this offense.

Detrimental in comparison to what? I’m 1000% sure he’s better in this offense than Clayton Tune would be, who is the obvious alternative.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
No, I don't.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to my question. Most of your posts here are pro Kyler or in defence of Kyler. Despite there being plenty of evidence that he's detrimental to this offense.

It seems to me you're more concerned about Kyler than the offensive output of this team. Hence the question.

I only care about results and I'd replace Kyler with a jugs machine on wheels if it gave us a better shot at that.
I have zero to prove to you my man. You just don't seem to understand that which seems to be a pattern.

It is on brand for you though to question someones fandom of K1 due to your zealous dislike of the dude.

Glad you are monitoring my posts which again shows how much it bothers you that K1 has fans.

Seeing K1 take the team on a game winning drive as time expires must truly hurt your delicate sensibilities.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Plenty of people; especially in today’s brand-driven climate. In soccer there are plenty of Mbappe fans who happily flipped away from PSG once he moved on, for example.

In this case, it’s probably a lot of Texas high school football fans and Sooners who hated the Cowboys or whatever.
First
This is America no one gives two ***** about soccer so I don't even know what you are talking about.

Two
I am a native Arizonan so again I give no ***** about what happens in Texas.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
First
This is America no one gives two ***** about soccer so I don't even know what you are talking about.

Two
I am a native Arizonan so again I give no ***** about what happens in Texas.

What are you so aggressive when someone answered your question in good faith?

If you don’t follow soccer, consider the tens of thousands of basketball fans who followed LeBron and Kevin Durant through their many career stops. This isn’t something completely unknown, bro.

But it’s still weird that you won’t say “I like the Cardinals first and if Kyler moved to New Orleans I’d never think about him again.” That question is pretty straightforward.

I’m a Cardinals fan first; my support for Kyler Murray is entirely dependent on his ability to contribute to the success of the team. When Josh Rosen was traded, I tracked his career no more than I follow Zach Allen.

The only Cardinal alumnus that comes first for me is Jim Dray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan