Kyler Murray Debate Thread

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Kind of disagree. When you have bottom of the barrel players, these guys are fighting to keep their jobs every week. Tonga is going to work on his pass rush even if it likely isn't going to result in sacks. I see very few dudes on this roster who I believe are not workers. Stills seems like he is giving it his all. Lopez. Collins. ST5 is doing the best he can IMO.

I am curious what guys you think are not hard workers on this squad because I can't see many and those that aren't won't be in the league long.

You’re not gonna want to hear this but Marv might be one.

Also workers know the play book up and down. Workers don’t commit a ton of mental mistakes. Workers don’t commit penalties. Pointing out that the team doesn’t have that worker mentality doesn’t mean there aren’t any on the team. I truly believe there are some but I don’t think that is who this team is.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
FWIW on the Kyler vs Petzing debate.

Gambo says that Kyler is processing things too fast and not seeing guys getting open.

I couldn't tell if this was his opinion or if this is coming from the Cardinals.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
FWIW on the Kyler vs Petzing debate.

Gambo says that Kyler is processing things too fast and not seeing guys getting open.

I couldn't tell if this was his opinion or if this is coming from the Cardinals.
I just watched it. It's interesting that someone posted yesterday that the pocket breaks down in like 3.2 seconds for Kyler, while the league average was 5 seconds. That would directly contradict what Gambo is saying here. It the WR is open after the 3.2 second, or after he make a cut as Gambo says, then Kyler is already scrambling and looking for his safety valve. Sounds like a protection issue to me then.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched it. It's interesting that someone posted yesterday that the pocket breaks down in like 3.2 seconds for Kyler, while the league average was 5 seconds. That would directly contradict what Gambo is saying here. It the WR is open after the 3.2 second, or after he make a cut as Gambo says, then Kyler is already scrambling and looking for his safety valve. Sounds like a protection issue to me then.
Is it though? I remember them talking about snap to release times for most high level QBs during a broadcast. Generally the best QBs are getting rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds. If IIRC the Goats like Tome brady and Mahomes regularly were in the 2.2 to 2.3 range...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it though? I remember them talking about snap to release times for most high level QBs during a broadcast. Generally the best QBs are getting rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds. If IIRC the Goats like Tome brady and Mahomes regularly were in the 2.2 to 2.3 range...

That's my point. If it's take 5 seconds for the play to develop, Kyler can't get it out in 2.5 seconds. Right?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that someone posted yesterday that the pocket breaks down in like 3.2 seconds for Kyler, while the league average was 5 seconds.
I don't have a reference & can't research it right now, but I don't think ANY team provides 5 seconds of clean pocket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan