Kyler Murray, you will become a Cardinal. It is....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My dog pooped in the bedroom last night and when i go up this am I stepped it and tracked it all over the house. This is surely an omen from the gods as to the Cardinals' fate if they fall for the hype and draft Murray. Oh Lordy, Mr Keim, please don't step in it.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Matt Leinart was said to have a good work ethic in college, but when he transitioned to the NFL, it wasn't good enough. I believe Kyler thinks he works hard, but I haven't seen him ever elevate. Grinders don't generally quit things. Perfectionists generally don't look unprepared. Players who love a game generally don't quit on it, they have to have it taken away. These are generalizations, but these are traits top NFL QBs have and Murray's decisions and actions have not embodied those.

Is he uber talented? Absolutely. But Michael Vick was bigger and faster and had more experience and still underachieved as a pro QB. I don't know why we should expect anything close to the level that Vick go to.
Please y’all got to stop with the Vick comparisons. Two totally different styles of qbs. One is pass first and runs only if he has too. The other is run first, not an accomplish thrower, and doesn’t know how to evade defenders when running.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And for those who hated Joey Bosa choosing to rehab and prepare for the draft over staying in school with his team.

Kyler only chose football once he was confident he was going to be a first round pick and make more money than he was scheduled to make with the A's. Does that sound like someone who will do whatever it takes to make it in football?
Bosa has a history of being injured, so we want another Nkimdiche on the field?? Another Pugh??

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Many scouts say that Rosen had a higher grade than Murray does now. I agree with them. I saw Rosen make NFL throws amidst duress more often than Murray did in college, and I saw Rosen do the same in the pros last year. He made plays from the pocket even if they were few and far between. I watched Murray play one game vs superior talent and he was awful vs Alabama every time it mattered. I don't see him having more success when he gets to the NFL, he is put in more of those situations, and is facing an even greater size disadvantage. I don't see Murray as being able to survive the beating that Rosen took last year. I never saw Murray be the timing and rhythm QB in college that I believe you need to be to be successful in the pros.

Can Kyler Murray be successful? Sure, but it is going to take a superior drive to work on his game game that few guys have, even in the NFL. I don't think that is worth betting on. I think it is better to bet on the guy who has shown the ability at the pro level despite awful conditions. The guy in Rosen who has had to endure constant change over his college and NFL career. The constant pressure of being the guy even when he was dealt a less talented supporting cast. Murray transferred instead of beating out an incumbent and then still had to wait for the incumbent to graduate in order to get a starting spot. He has never once outworked the other guy to win the job. I'm going to go with the guy who has endured hardship and still elevated his game over the guy who has never once shown he can.
I think he'll never amount to much more than a backup qb, but everyone has their own opinion. Good luck to him wherever he lands...

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
The only thing inaccurate is this post. There is no point wasting my time with the murray fan club. You are all completely off base. No one is saying this but people on this board. I understand that most of you don't understand the QB position as much as you would like tp think you do. All the Pro scouts said it was between Mayfield and Rosen last year as far as accuracy goes. So they are wrong and you know better. Got it.

The Murray fan club just shifts and manipulates arguments to fit their narrative. In one breath you claim Mcvay had everything to do with Goffs turnaround yet in another you guys claim Rosen has mostly to do with his bad year and not coaching or talent. You can't have it both ways. There is way more that goes into playing the position than statistics. They never show the whole story.

The difference between what some are arguing for Rosen and what you guys are arguing for murray is blind faith. We admit Rosen did not do well and is not a lock to be good. We also admit Murray can be. You all however claim Rosen sucks and Murray will be a HOFamer. That is just silly.

There is no stat nor tape that tells you Murray can read a defense. None. Yes Rosen had problems with anticipation. Every Rookie QB does. The speed of the game is dramatically faster in the pros. There is no proof Murray is good at this either. And he will struggle as a Rookie that i can guarantee.

Completely ignoring all of Murray's red flags is beyond ignorant. He is not going to come into the league and light it up. It is not going to happen mark my words. He may be good but he will be a Rookie and play like a Rookie just like every other one has. You are all in for a rude awakening.
Yea, since your username has Rosen in it makes you objective Lmao. I'm no OU homer, I despise the team and Murray beat my team last year unfortunately but he's 10x the qb that Rosen is. We'll see who has the better career I guees, it won't be Rosen.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, since your username has Rosen in it makes you objective Lmao. I'm no OU homer, I despise the team and Murray beat my team last year unfortunately but he's 10x the qb that Rosen is. We'll see who has the better career I guess, it won't be Rosen.

So, you predict that Kyler will successfully break the Heisman curse?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Baker do that last year??

Hell Cam did it back in 2010

Heisman winners are no longer a curse.

Two Heisman-winning QB's (that played QB in the NFL) have ever won a Super Bowl.

Two.

I think the curse is alive and well.

Unless you just want a flashy QB that never wins it all at the next level...

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two Heisman-winning QB's (that played QB in the NFL) have ever won a Super Bowl.

Two.

I think the curse is alive and well.

Unless you just want a flashy QB that never wins it all at the next level...
By that logic, has any CardinAl qb has won a Super Bowl?? Has a U of Texas qb has ever won a super bowl? Does Texas Longhorns or Sooner nation has a curse?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It isn't judgey, these are the hurdles.

If Murray was 6'3 230 lbs he would have less hurdles to overcome.

If he had not lost a year of college experience to a transfer and then sat on the bench for a year, he would have less hurdles to overcome.

If he had not committed to Texas A&M and the Oakland A's and then bailed on both of those commitments, he would have less hurdles to overcome.

If he would have shown he could nail a big time interview, he would have less hurdles to overcome.

If he would have shown he could elevate lesser talent over a better team, he would have less hurdles to overcome.

BUT, all of these things DID happen. And because they happened, they have created questions and hurdles.
You see them as hurdles. Others might not. That makes it your judgement. Lol Now, I'm assuming you are coming from that perspective with it all. So in that case.. it's all good. It would be cool anyhow..because it's simply your opinion regardless. IMO lol

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Yea, since your username has Rosen in it makes you objective Lmao. I'm no OU homer, I despise the team and Murray beat my team last year unfortunately but he's 10x the qb that Rosen is. We'll see who has the better career I guees, it won't be Rosen.

How unoriginal of you. Lol I've never seen you post anything of substance. Idk why anybody even responds to your posts. Its obvious your a troll

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How unoriginal of you. Lol I've never seen you post anything of substance. Idk why anybody even responds to your posts. Its obvious your a troll
Guy joined in 2003. Hardly troll like.. imo Maybe just a fan that disagrees with your opinion..if you disagree with his, does that make you one?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Guy joined in 2003. Hardly troll like.. imo Maybe just a fan that disagrees with your opinion..if you disagree with his, does that make you one?

Eh no.. This debate has been going on for over a month now, and i know you just recently started getting in on it but I have Murray vs Rosen fatigue already. At this point I have nothing more to say its literally the same things being said over and over. I have already made my point and gave my opinion many many times. I said that guys a troll because he literally just hates Josh Rosen with a passion and quotes me all the time with the same "Rosen sucks" post. I usually just ignore him though

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
One QB under 6 ft has won a Super Bowl in the last 20.

The short and mobile is the outlier and there's no suggestion that this is about to change.
You are so right I brought this up time and time again and will continue to be proven right Brady Bellecheck are the quintessential proof of what it takes but they both have a desire that can not be measured to Win, and even they will say it take 11 very good to great players on each side of the ball, not some one sided offense or defense, great case in point last year KC Great offense average to below average defense and where were they on Super Bowl Sunday

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh no.. This debate has been going on for over a month now, and i know you just recently started getting in on it but I have Murray vs Rosen fatigue already. At this point I have nothing more to say its literally the same things being said over and over. I have already made my point and gave my opinion many many times. I said that guys a troll because he literally just hates Josh Rosen with a passion and quotes me all the time with the same "Rosen sucks" post. I usually just ignore him though
Gotcha. Let's all just enjoy the banter and the process.. :cheers:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser