Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum is damaged goods. I think that knee is more severly damaged than the Lakers what to let on

His knee is fine. His recent scope to clean up debris went perfectly and he is walking/running with no limp or pain.

Try again.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
His knee is fine. His recent scope to clean up debris went perfectly and he is walking/running with no limp or pain.

Try again.

Lets see....Bynum will be available in mid March....ohh wait, he's not responding well to treatment. We'll bring him back a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Nope, he's not running so well on the treadmill, better wait until after the 1st round of the playoffs. Ohh wow, his knee has turned out to be shredded and he's on the shelf for the rest of the season?? He's getting much better it sounds like :rolleyes:

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Lets see....Bynum will be available in mid March....ohh wait, he's not responding well to treatment. We'll bring him back a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Nope, he's not running so well on the treadmill, better wait until after the 1st round of the playoffs. Ohh wow, his knee has turned out to be shredded and he's on the shelf for the rest of the season?? He's getting much better it sounds like :rolleyes:

Bynum's knee if fine like the man said. The knee was scoped a couple weeks back they found debris in the knee, cleaned it up and now he's fine. Not crutches, the pain and discomfort he was feeling has passed and all he needs now is time to strengthen the knee. He'll be back by camp.

There was no "shredding" you speak of. You'll see him again in Oct/Nov.........up close.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget what happened to the LA Kings. As soon as they started sucking, LA started quacking for the Ducks. Its an ugly stigma that LA has.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Go figure. Kings fans are very loyal and sell out the Staples on a regular basis. In fact, with the losing record we have endured over the years, you could make a valid argument that Kings fans are one if not THE most loyal NHL fanbases in the league. Kings fans hate the Ducks. I don't know a single Kings fan who rooted for them. When they won the cup we were all disgusted. You know not what you speak of....again.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
We(fans) dont beat anyone, you get to watch the players, you dont contribute one turds worth of effort in the victories.

Yeah, I guess all that hoopla about home court advantage is a bunch of BS. I guess when the players say the crowd really got us going they are just lying.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
In six years, maybe.

Not if Pierce dominates the Lakers like he has his whole career. His highest career PPG vs any team is against the Lakers. In fact I will go on record and predict he outplays Kobe overall in this series.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not if Pierce dominates the Lakers like he has his whole career. His highest career PPG vs any team is against the Lakers. In fact I will go on record and predict he outplays Kobe overall in this series.

Noted.

PP will get his...of that I am not concerned with. He isn't the key. Cutting off Rondo penetration, guarding Allen close to throw him off rythm and keeping KG on the perimeter is key.

Doubtful PP outplays Kobe...very doubtful. Nobody on the C's can guard Kobe, and they can't double him either. The Spurs are just as good a defensive team, with better one on one Kobe defenders, and they couldn't stop him...or the Lakers.

We just need a split in these first two games...then the pressure will sit on the C's...and they will grip...hard. they are mentally soft.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Noted.

PP will get his...of that I am not concerned with. He isn't the key. Cutting off Rondo penetration, guarding Allen close to throw him off rythm and keeping KG on the perimeter is key.

Doubtful PP outplays Kobe...very doubtful. Nobody on the C's can guard Kobe, and they can't double him either. The Spurs are just as good a defensive team, with better one on one Kobe defenders, and they couldn't stop him...or the Lakers.

We just need a split in these first two games...then the pressure will sit on the C's...and they will grip...hard. they are mentally soft.

Nobody on the planet can guard Kobe. He is gonna score. What a team can do is make him work for it and keep the rest of his team out of rhythm. He isn't gonna win games by himself. Not against this Celtics team. IMO if the Celtics can keep Odom, Gasol, and the bench from getting hot they will win any given game, if not they lose. FYI, the Lakers were barely over .500 this season when Kobe shoots more then 20 shots, and they were over .800 when he shoots 19 or less. In the playoffs all 3 of their losses came in games when he took more then 20 shots.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score

You'll be the only one on that record.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers lose tonite.. Thats all there is to be said..

Celtics in 6..

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Clearly you read that article...but did you see this one?

Very bad...very bad opinion piece...of crap. That is nothing more than a bashing of past Laker teams and players with absolutely no thought put into it. He over simplifies everything based on nothing. Shaq's over-weight problem? 19 shots good but one extra shot bad? That's his science for discrediting the 20 shots or more stat?

That was a love letter to Kobe...is what it was.

:thud:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very bad...very bad opinion piece...of crap. That is nothing more than a bashing of past Laker teams and players with absolutely no thought put into it. He over simplifies everything based on nothing. Shaq's over-weight problem? 19 shots good but one extra shot bad? That's his science for discrediting the 20 shots or more stat?

That was a love letter to Kobe...is what it was.

:thud:

LOL. Whatever man. What-ever.

It was dead on about the Shaq/Kobe fued. Read a few books by Lazenby, or his blog, and you might learn something. But if what you took away from the article was it was about Shaq's "weight problem" then I doubt you'll glean any knowledge from the other books. :shrug:

And the "20" argument is dumb on its face...even with the 60% reg season and 66% winning percentage in the regular season when he shoots 20+ not being some awful of awfuls.

When the Lakers are down...losing a game, they rely on Kobe to get them back into it. See the game the Spurs won this playoffs...Kobe damn near brings them back with a flurry of shots, cut it to single digits. Bottom line is, they lost, and Kobe was over 20 shots. Does it matter that 7 of those shots came in the last 5 minute gasp when Kobe was in the game (8 min to 3 minute mark, then phil pulls starters).

Kobe had 23 shots that game...7 of them in that "do or die" five minutes when they were already down 20. Now, the previous article would say that loss is because Kobe shot over 20 shots a game, but as the Yahoo writer points out, that isn't built on any real world data, as people's eyes in the example above clearly prove the concept of 20 shots = bad to be faulty.

Kobe is the bailout option more often than not, the 2 for 1 shooter, the guy who people look to when they are trailing to jumpstart a rally. The original article is flawed, and the Yahoo one sets the record straight, using real examples of actual play. Love letter to Kobe my ass.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
The point is no matter how good Kobe is he can't do it himself. How many championships did Jordan win before he got Pippen? I'm just saying if you are the Celtics, you know he is going to score a lot of points, and you have no one who is going to stop him from doing that consistently. What you can do is make the rest of the team have to work really hard and keep them out of rhythm. If Kobe is taking more shots, that only increases the chances that the other players on the team are going to be cold.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point is no matter how good Kobe is he can't do it himself. How many championships did Jordan win before he got Pippen? I'm just saying if you are the Celtics, you know he is going to score a lot of points, and you have no one who is going to stop him from doing that consistently. What you can do is make the rest of the team have to work really hard and keep them out of rhythm. If Kobe is taking more shots, that only increases the chances that the other players on the team are going to be cold.

That's been the strategy against him for ages, including all this playoffs long. It is nothing new.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word of the weekend is SPLIT. Either tonight, or Sunday, the Lakers need to get a game in Boston. I'd prefer tonight.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word of the weekend is SPLIT. Either tonight, or Sunday, the Lakers need to get a game in Boston. I'd prefer tonight.

Whose word of the weekend is split? I dont believe you can control most of the asfn posters like you do the ones you do.. The word of the weekend for me is sweep at the garden!