Lakers vs Celtics -2008 NBA Finals

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great game Lakers. Unfortunately scrubs like Turiaf will do them in. Celts will win in 7. Big bucks for Stern and ABC.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word of the week is still split.

Damn..Lakers played a REALLY bad 4th quarter. And Kobe needs to stop with the freaking jumpers. FFS. We damn near stole that game, then all hell broke down. They failed to take advantage when PP went down for a bit...they tightened, didn't score, then he came back and fueled a nice comeback.

For those saying there "is no rivalry" you can go pound sand. This is a rivalry. This is going to be a fun freaking series. That's one of the most exciting games I've watched in a long...long time. Nothing does it like a Lakers/Celtics series. NOTHING.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
agreed - i was wondering if I could pull for the Cs like i did as a kid - no friggin question - that place was awesome - makes me forget that are also pats fans and sox fans

Beat LA!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude, this isn't the 1980's. This hasn't been a rivalry in a long time. The teams in the 1980's were dynasties. You can't get that back. Not with these teams. One could actually make the arguement that these two teams, especially the Lakers, are the least talented of the Championship Lakers/ Celtics teams. These teams met twice a year for 20 years until now. I will agree that it will be a fun series though, as long as the Lakers scrubs...err role players show up.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL, and throughout the season, Lakers fans were banging their chests what a great teammate and player he is.

I'm not a Lakers fan. I just want to fit in at Arizona Sports Fans Network so I rock Lakers avatars and sigs.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Lakers fan. I just want to fit in at Arizona Sports Fans Network so I rock Lakers avatars and sigs.

Well you forgot the mandatory action of kissing the Donalds butt.. Do that and youll be forever treated as a great classy person..

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Well you forgot the mandatory action of kissing the Donalds butt.. Do that and youll be forever treated as a great classy person..

Here comes the smartass Donald comment in 3, 2, 1...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know you were a Gee troll.

Yeah, still is. Oh, 40 percent shooting so bad? Mmmm...waaah. Sunnie fans wantie turiaf? Oh, too bad.

Wow.. all in one post you call Suns fans trolls on a Suns board, then you do a trollish post..

You truely are a weird dude..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the suntics fans. So original. So...damn SASSY!!

I wish you all knew how stupid you look. It's amazing. I can almost feel the sucking on me when you post...it is incredible. Seriously...INCREDIBLE.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score

I wish you all knew how stupid you look. It's amazing. I can almost feel the sucking on me when you post...it is incredible. Seriously...INCREDIBLE.

Not as stupid as a Lakers fan posting on a Suns board...

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Do we look as stupid as bandwagon Lakers fans living in Phoenix that double as Cardinals fans? If so I know what you mean. We must look pretty dumb.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was a pathetic game by the Lakers.

Terrible boxing out resulting in a poor rebounding %.
Too many jumpshots.
Out hustled on most loose balls.
Awful free throw shooting in clutch situations.
And kobe had an awful game shoothing... waited way to long to take it to the hole.

With that said, as bad as they played, there were still in the game late on the Celts home floor.

We will see a different Laker team in game 2.

For those saying the loss is on Turiaf. Well your just plain foolish and obviously know nothing about bball.

And for those of you who argue its not a rivalry. You just don't get it and never will. However, it seems the teams, the players old and new, the real fans, the sports websites, and the networks ALL disagree. But you keep on hating and dreaming of having a rivalry of your own. :D

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Dude, this isn't the 1980's. This hasn't been a rivalry in a long time. The teams in the 1980's were dynasties. You can't get that back. Not with these teams. One could actually make the arguement that these two teams, especially the Lakers, are the least talented of the Championship Lakers/ Celtics teams. These teams met twice a year for 20 years until now. I will agree that it will be a fun series though, as long as the Lakers scrubs...err role players show up.
Thank you for bringing sense into this conversation. 20yrs + without competing for a title isn't a rivalry...it's nostalgia.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05