Lebron Opts Out/Becomes Free Agent

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aren't you the biggest troll of them all? Everytime you post on the Suns board it's to instigate.

Miami was not a big time NBA organization before Lebron no matter their fluke championship.
They were not regarded as a top organization, they are not in a big market, they didn't get any special media attention. They were similiar to Orlando if even that.

I just troll on every post huh? Who was I trolling when I posted this?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3002808&postcount=353

Or this?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3002809&postcount=354

You talk a lot of ball, you make up many scenarios that never happen, you make up (imaginary) friends to support your points of view. But you want to set trip on me because Lebron lost? Or because you think he has a chance to play for the Suns?

Good luck with all that, maybe you can make some facts up, or say something that doesn't make sense, and then perhaps maybe you can name call.

chickenhead

Reaction score
With Miami trading for Napier and Lebron calling him his favorite player in the draft, does it look like Lebron is leaning towards staying?

In any case, the Suns draft probably isn't going to stoke any Lebron to Phoenix rumors, unless the Ennis pick was made with trading Bledsoe in mind?

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Miami trading for Napier and Lebron calling him his favorite player in the draft, does it look like Lebron is leaning towards staying?

In any case, the Suns draft probably isn't going to stoke any Lebron to Phoenix rumors, unless the Ennis pick was made with trading Bledsoe in mind?

That is a move he may like. Did it move the needle, who knows.

But Lebron in any event is sure he wants to test free agency, since his tweet towards Napier said nothing about being together, or taking him under his wing or anything like that. No association, just a congratulatory 'favorite player in the draft'.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think that means anything other than Miami doing what it cans to convince LJ to stay.

If I am LJ, barring a big trade...why stay in Miami? Wade just might have his best days behind him. Which means that without a consistent #2 caliber guy....he is going to languish in Miami.

If I am LJ, I move on. Screw everyone else that calls him a ring chaser. If I was a player in the NBA I would want to put myself in the best possible position to win titles. If I am at a franchise that doesn't give me that opportunity.....see ya.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that means anything other than Miami doing what it cans to convince LJ to stay.

If I am LJ, barring a big trade...why stay in Miami? Wade just might have his best days behind him. Which means that without a consistent #2 caliber guy....he is going to languish in Miami.

If I am LJ, I move on. Screw everyone else that calls him a ring chaser. If I was a player in the NBA I would want to put myself in the best possible position to win titles. If I am at a franchise that doesn't give me that opportunity.....see ya.

Agreed. I do think that it might have backfired if Miami had just passed on drafting him but I don't see the trade making that big a deal to James. He wants to win rings, nothing wrong with that.

Steve

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's faulty reasoning to think that Lebron would choose to stay in Miami because it has a better championship history than Phoenix. Lebron is smart enough to know that HE is the championship history, and the success will likely follow him wherever he goes. He needs a stable organization and peripheral help so he doesn't have to carry the world.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think it's faulty reasoning to think that Lebron would choose to stay in Miami because it has a better championship history than Phoenix. Lebron is smart enough to know that HE is the championship history, and the success will likely follow him wherever he goes. He needs a stable organization and peripheral help so he doesn't have to carry the world.
The Suns are not anywhere near Championship level at Center, Small Forward or Shooting Guard. Our two best players share the Point Guard position and one or both could be gone soon.

LeBron had peripheral help in Wade and Bosh. That is now in the past. The Suns certainly have very little to offer him in that regard.

There isn't a chance in the world that he would consider Phoenix.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns are not anywhere near Championship level at Center, Small Forward or Shooting Guard. Our two best players share the Point Guard position and one or both could be gone soon.

LeBron had peripheral help in Wade and Bosh. That is now in the past. The Suns certainly have very little to offer him in that regard.

There isn't a chance in the world that he would consider Phoenix.

We have the 2nd best shooting guard in the league. We have the best backcourt in the league and by your logic how do the San Antonio Spurs stack up? They don't have a top 5 player at any position.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have the 2nd best shooting guard in the league. We have the best backcourt in the league and by your logic how do the San Antonio Spurs stack up? They don't have a top 5 player at any position.

Not to mention they also have the best HC of all time in basketball and maybe in all of sports.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Parker is not top 5 (Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Dragic, Wall) and Kawhi might be #5 behind Lebron, Durant, Carmelo and George.

Bottom line is the Suns would be absolute favorites if they add Lebron and another max or near max player alongside Dragic and Bledsoe.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If we sign Lebron for the max it would make it more likely that Bledsoe would outright accept something reasonable like 5yrs/50M$ and that Dragic would accept similiar next year.

In any way the best case would be that Lebron took 18M$ and Bosh 12M$ so we would only have to clear 2 more million. We could trade the Morris twins and Green for future picks putting us at 38M$ caproom -> Lebron 20M$, Bosh 15M$ and Frye 3M$ or Lebron 17.5M$, Carmelo 17.5M$ and Frye 3M$.

Len/Plumlee/Frye
Bosh/Frye/Warren
Lebron/Tucker/Warren
Dragic/Allen/Goodwin
Bledsoe/Ennis/Goodwin

In any case I expect the additional caproom to come from Morris x2 and Green since they will ask for a pay raise next year anyway.

Last edited:

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Parker is not top 5 (Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Dragic, Wall) and Kawhi might be #5 behind Lebron, Durant, Carmelo and George.

Bottom line is the Suns would be absolute favorites if they add Lebron and another max or near max player alongside Dragic and Bledsoe.

I would take Parker ahead of everyone in that group except Paul and maybe Curry. As for this whole Lebron - Melo thing, I have mixed emotions. Those are probably my two least favorite players in the league. However, the chance to see the Suns win a championship in my lifetime... I'd do almost anything to see that

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard this morning that the big three are staying together, which is why Wade opted out. The plan right now is to give LeBron near the max, and give Wade and Bosh much less and bring back Haslem for even less. They are working to free up about 9 million to go after Kyle Lowry. They also said that the reason Lebron is not meeting with teams and his agent it is to ensure he gets the max or near max from Miami. It is a negotiation ploy.

As for Melo, it looks like he really only wants NY and to a lesser degree, Chicago. If NY offers him the max, he will be back. Otherwise, he will fly off to Chicago. Of course, that can all be screwed up if Jerry refuses to amnesty Boozer, which is not the rumbling. Word is he wants him involved in a S&T.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard this morning that the big three are staying together, which is why Wade opted out. The plan right now is to give LeBron near the max, and give Wade and Bosh much less and bring back Haslem for even less. They are working to free up about 9 million to go after Kyle Lowry. They also said that the reason Lebron is not meeting with teams and his agent it is to ensure he gets the max or near max from Miami. It is a negotiation ploy.

As for Melo, it looks like he really only wants NY and to a lesser degree, Chicago. If NY offers him the max, he will be back. Otherwise, he will fly off to Chicago. Of course, that can all be screwed up if Jerry refuses to amnesty Boozer, which is not the rumbling. Word is he wants him involved in a S&T.

But... but... but... free agency does not not start until July 1st.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think its all speculation. Besides, its a really risky thing. What if Miami decides it doesnt want Wade and signs Melo instead?

I do think this is why this whole story is leaking everywhere. The Suns are trying to get Wade's attention.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its all speculation. Besides, its a really risky thing. What if Miami decides it doesnt want Wade and signs Melo instead?

I do think this is why this whole story is leaking everywhere. The Suns are trying to get Wade's attention.

Like I said, Wade does not opt out without assurance that everything is in place already. He is walking away from $40 million with out it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said, Wade does not opt out without assurance that everything is in place already. He is walking away from $40 million with out it.

Isn't there something about Wade getting a boatload to play in China for a year? Maybe that is his contingency plan.

I am not all that convinced that Miami is putting this all together. Riley's tirade did not look like a guy who had it all figured out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So Love is saying he would consider resigning in Phoenix. Hmm. The plot thickens. Add LeBron and Love and call it done. Forget Melo.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If Lebron leaves Miami needs to bring in other pieces or Wade might want to go to Chicago or somewhere else or take a paycut to attract Melo and others or simply wants to resign for 5yrs80M$ instead of playing 2 more for 40M$ and then being done and getting only 3 yrs 24M$.

Does not mean that much imo.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm now it's being reported that Lebron will accept nothing below the max. Maybe this plot in Miami isn't as coordinated as it appears? This may get interesting...

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been mentioned much in the Lebron FA talks is that wherever he goes, he definitely will want to finish his career there . It seems when people are judging these "on paper" rosters, they aren't taking that into consideration. If that is taken into consideration, I don't see how PHX isn't the best place for him outside of Miami ... It goes without saying that PHX has players at every position that will only improve

I also think Alex Len is a BIG drawing pt. to PHX if you think long-term ... Lebron flourished with a Illgauskas and Len is pretty comparable. I think taking Len away from this team (again, for long-term - the next 6 - 10 years) would really hurt the team ... If they have to go after Carmelo, PHX would get rid of other guys (whose trade value is high) before Len (whose trade value is low)

Lebron is smart - He would understand this and the fact that gutting the team for Melo wouldn't be worth it; It seems too many people are assuming Lebron is some casual fan who believes having a ball dominant scorer like Melo would somehow be needed on a team w/ Bledsoe/Dragic/Lebron

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something that hasn't been mentioned much in the Lebron FA talks is that wherever he goes, he definitely will want to finish his career there . It seems when people are judging these "on paper" rosters, they aren't taking that into consideration. If that is taken into consideration, I don't see how PHX isn't the best place for him outside of Miami ... It goes without saying that PHX has players at every position that will only improve

I also think Alex Len is a BIG drawing pt. to PHX if you think long-term ... Lebron flourished with a Illgauskas and Len is pretty comparable. I think taking Len away from this team (again, for long-term - the next 6 - 10 years) would really hurt the team ... If they have to go after Carmelo, PHX would get rid of other guys (whose trade value is high) before Len (whose trade value is low)

Lebron is smart - He would understand this and the fact that gutting the team for Melo wouldn't be worth it; It seems too many people are assuming Lebron is some casual fan who believes having a ball dominant scorer like Melo would somehow be needed on a team w/ Bledsoe/Dragic/Lebron

Based on what? My guess is that if leaves Miami he will want the same player options so he can leave again after 2 or 3 years if the team is not to his liking.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron James will insist on the maximum salary in a new deal this summer, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, though it’s not clear whether he’d demand the maximum number of years. James isn’t planning to meet with any teams, allowing agent Rich Paul to do all of the negotiating, and that plus his salary demand has led teams around the league to believe more strongly that James will stay with the Heat, according to Windhorst.

Still, a source tells Amico that James would like to sign a deal that would give him the ability to opt out after one season, and with James apparently undecided on the length of his deal, according to Windhorst, perhaps James is indeed eyeing another shot at free agency in 2015.

I remember Jordan doing the year to year thing in his final three season with the Bulls. This will ensure the Heat keep the best team around him.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/06/lebron-demand-salary.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake