Lost

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Kate was the one to take a shower 'cause she's the most pretty.

:ratings:

Me likey.

Yeah I'm not complaining about Kate in the towel, just seemed weird to me to see the people who knew there was a shower sitting there at the end eating food and clearly not having showered.

Hell Jack could have joined Kate to conserve water. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I wonder if Hugo ever got together with that chick back home.

Anybody else notice Boone's sister in the record store walking behind them vaguely visible? Pretty sure it was her.

Somewhere someone's gotta have a visio file that has all the links to the people before they were on the island!

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check this out from EW.com:

"And then there's the matter of Randy. Y'all remember Randy, right? Locke's jackass coworker at the box company? Well, that's Randy running Mr. Cluck. Yup. Same dude, same character name, same actor (Billy Ray Gallion). Liz went back through her homemade VHS — VHS! — tapes of season 1, and she confirms it: same dude, same name, different hair. Now we know Mr. Cluck was hit by a meteorite after Hurley collected his winnings. And we know Hurley came to acquire a box company with said winnings. Connection? Of course there is, dummkopf! It's Lost!"

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Kate was the one to take a shower 'cause she's the most pretty.

:ratings:

Me likey.

Well, I'd like to see Jack or Sayid in the shower, but that's just me. :)

I love this show! Thanks for the post about the Cluck manager. Very cool!

I don't remember anybody saying anything about eating people. When did that happen?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read that there was a picture of Walt on a milk carton Hurley was drinking. Anybody see this?

Also, the dharma logo in the other hatch has an arrow instead of a swan.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I read that there was a picture of Walt on a milk carton Hurley was drinking. Anybody see this?

Also, the dharma logo in the other hatch has an arrow instead of a swan.

This sounds like an interesting show....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Well, I'd like to see Jack or Sayid in the shower, but that's just me. :)

I love this show! Thanks for the post about the Cluck manager. Very cool!

I don't remember anybody saying anything about eating people. When did that happen?

It didn't that was my girlfriend speculating on why there were no longer 23 people from the tail section.

I also loved how Rose's husband turns out to be the older white guy and not the big black guy like most people just assume.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I also loved how Rose's husband turns out to be the older white guy and not the big black guy like most people just assume.

I loved that twist - I wish we would see more of Rose.

And Sun's scene was touching as well - poor lady, thinks her hubby is dead.
But I liked how Shannon and Claire went to her first with the bottle.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
It didn't that was my girlfriend speculating on why there were no longer 23 people from the tail section.

10-4

And yes about Rose's husband. Does that make us bad people?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Lost' Actor, Wife Robbed at Gunpoint
Thursday October 13, 2005

Josh Holloway and his wife reportedly were robbed at gunpoint in their home. There was no indication that the robber recognized the 36-year-old actor, who plays hunky con man Sawyer on the ABC castaway drama "Lost," television station KHON reported.

The robber rousted the couple from bed early Wednesday, took cash and credit cards and drove off in Holloway's Mercedes-Benz, which was found abandoned a short time later, the station said.

Honolulu police would not release any information on the robbery.

Holloway's agent did not immediately return a call to her Los Angeles office.

Attachments

• holloway.jpg
    holloway.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 104

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think the show is about to jump the shark. I think last nights episode was the first real episode that didnt really show 1 new thing. They need to move the story along.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Think the show is about to jump the shark. I think last nights episode was the first real episode that didnt really show 1 new thing. They need to move the story along.

Please...jumping the shark?

The problem is people are too impatient...there were plenty of these type of episodes in Season 1, and they are fine.

You can't ALWAYS find out something new and spectacular every week...

I loved last nights...

Mike

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Please...jumping the shark?

The problem is people are too impatient...there were plenty of these type of episodes in Season 1, and they are fine.

You can't ALWAYS find out something new and spectacular every week...

I loved last nights...

Mike

Actually I am quite patient. I am the last person I know still watching the show. My wife, coworkers and friends that started watching from the first show as I did have all dropped off.

Same thing occured with Survivor. I still watch it, may be my last season, but everyone else stopped 2 or 3 seasons ago. Now their ratings are the lowest ever. Of course Survivor has...survived for a looooong time.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Actually I am quite patient. I am the last person I know still watching the show. My wife, coworkers and friends that started watching from the first show as I did have all dropped off.

Same thing occured with Survivor. I still watch it, may be my last season, but everyone else stopped 2 or 3 seasons ago. Now their ratings are the lowest ever. Of course Survivor has...survived for a looooong time.

Wow, I don't know anyone who was watching Lost that has stopped...then it must just not be their cup of tea.

We love Survivor too, bu we're not watching it this season for some reason...it's lost it's appeal...but it took many seasons for that to happen :)

Mike

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Wow, I don't know anyone who was watching Lost that has stopped...then it must just not be their cup of tea.

We love Survivor too, bu we're not watching it this season for some reason...it's lost it's appeal...but it took many seasons for that to happen :)

Mike

Yeah my last survivor I think. I just think the lacrosse player from PA is hot :)

I only have 1 friend left watching Lost with me. We had a whole water cooler group before.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone I know who was watching Lost is still watching it.

I wanted more at the end, but that happens every week!

I have a question. What did Jin say to Michael to make him go with him and Echo? I couldn't understand what Jin said. Did he speak English or Korean?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like how in the preview they said "One of these members will get lost...permanately"

as they say it they cycle through images of th emost important people then the very last one is th eblonde from the small group that was talking with Michael before he left to find walt.

Hmmmm guess she isnt the one to be lost for good eh? lol

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
Everyone I know who was watching Lost is still watching it.

I wanted more at the end, but that happens every week!

I have a question. What did Jin say to Michael to make him go with him and Echo? I couldn't understand what Jin said. Did he speak English or Korean?

I played it twice and I beleive he said "Michael you find Walt", you as in you will or you'll. Jin doesn't have a grasp of contractions yet, but he is doing remarkabley well understanding the language.

BTW was anyone else telling Sun (via TV screen) that the ring had to be with the bottle?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angel said:
I played it twice and I beleive he said "Michael you find Walt", you as in you will or you'll. Jin doesn't have a grasp of contractions yet, but he is doing remarkabley well understanding the language.

BTW was anyone else telling Sun (via TV screen) that the ring had to be with the bottle?

When I knew she lost it at the beginning, I told my wife it was going to be with the bottle...

But in reading other forums, most people predicted that, so it must have been pretty easy to guess :)

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angel said:

I wasn't until Locke said he wasn't lost anymore because he stopped looking. AS soon as she started digging up the bottle I said she's going to find her ring.

Frustrating episode they keep hinting at things they never reveal or show, I wouldn't say it's close to jumping the shark yet but they are starting to get a bit annoying you can't expect people to wait forever to give at least partial explanations.

Several months ago my dad and I were talking with his brother in law about the show. They have a son in law who's a writer, was one of the writers on Four Brothers a recent movie. They said they specifically talked to him about Lost because they love the show and wondered why there weren't more shows like it. The main answers were, it's incredibly expensive because of the location, that and not wanting to be locked into the island are why they do so many flashback scenes, you can film those scenes anywhere so they're cheaper. And the 2nd reason was he said while the show is incredibly well written, there's a fundamental problem with a show that has a bunch of "secrets" as the core of the show, you HAVE to reveal those secrets eventually or people simply stop watching, and it's very difficult to reveal those secrets in a way that satisfies the viewers and keeps them watching. They either go "you mean that's the monster, what a joke", or they go now that I know what's going on, I'm not interested anymore.

He said that's what happened to Alias and as I've said before, Lucy and I stopped watching Alias for that precise reason. We got sick of the same thing every week hinting at this or that about Rambaldi and when we finally found out what the thing was it was so implausible and silly, we don't watch the show anymore.

Really hoping Abrams has better answers this time, I still love Lost, look forward to it every week, but they are getting close to being at a point where they're going to start turning viewers off if they don't figure out how to explain things.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I wasn't until Locke said he wasn't lost anymore because he stopped looking. AS soon as she started digging up the bottle I said she's going to find her ring.

Frustrating episode they keep hinting at things they never reveal or show, I wouldn't say it's close to jumping the shark yet but they are starting to get a bit annoying you can't expect people to wait forever to give at least partial explanations.

Several months ago my dad and I were talking with his brother in law about the show. They have a son in law who's a writer, was one of the writers on Four Brothers a recent movie. They said they specifically talked to him about Lost because they love the show and wondered why there weren't more shows like it. The main answers were, it's incredibly expensive because of the location, that and not wanting to be locked into the island are why they do so many flashback scenes, you can film those scenes anywhere so they're cheaper. And the 2nd reason was he said while the show is incredibly well written, there's a fundamental problem with a show that has a bunch of "secrets" as the core of the show, you HAVE to reveal those secrets eventually or people simply stop watching, and it's very difficult to reveal those secrets in a way that satisfies the viewers and keeps them watching. They either go "you mean that's the monster, what a joke", or they go now that I know what's going on, I'm not interested anymore.

He said that's what happened to Alias and as I've said before, Lucy and I stopped watching Alias for that precise reason. We got sick of the same thing every week hinting at this or that about Rambaldi and when we finally found out what the thing was it was so implausible and silly, we don't watch the show anymore.

Really hoping Abrams has better answers this time, I still love Lost, look forward to it every week, but they are getting close to being at a point where they're going to start turning viewers off if they don't figure out how to explain things.

Yeah, the first episode of Alias this year was a joke, and we're pretty much done with that show.

He is right though, they have to reveal some things...but not too much...it's a hard line to follow.

I plan on staying with it forever, I want to see the end.

As for them not revealing much...the first 3 episodes was like a major overdose on information...I think we can relax and deal with 2 that aren't doing much revealing.

Although, they showed that radio the tail section people have...now we know who was sending the message when Boone was in the plane on the radio last season...

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I was thinking about this last night. I hope they only have 3 seasons planned, and then they quit. I really hope they don't try to over-milk it.

I'm fine with not learning the big secrets for this season (as long as some minor one's are revealed), but things better start coming together next season to culminate in resolution by the season 3 finale.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Although, they showed that radio the tail section people have...now we know who was sending the message when Boone was in the plane on the radio last season...

Mike

DUH I didnt make that connections. Thx for reminding me.