Lost

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
As for them not revealing much...the first 3 episodes was like a major overdose on information...I think we can relax and deal with 2 that aren't doing much revealing.

Although, they showed that radio the tail section people have...now we know who was sending the message when Boone was in the plane on the radio last season...

Mike

Yes and no, they answered the hatch, and the tail section questions but some of the very earliest questions are still unanswered and in some cases almost forgotten.

The monster, we know it lifted the copilot out of the cockpit and killed him, now we think it's some sort of mechanical sentry. is that consistent? What is it, why did it seem to be an animal at first and a machine now?

Walt, we know he's got some powers, what are they, why, how can a kid conjure up polar bears on a tropical island and always get the roll he needs in a dice game?

Locke, paralyzed man gets up and walks, why, how, why did he start to lose it, and then get it back(did Boone dying somehow restore Locke?) Why is Locke the only one on the island who seems to know what's going on, or does he just think he does?

All the characters seeing and hearing things, jack seeing his father, kate seeing Walt, people hearing voices. What is all that about?

The mysterious sickness that killed all the French woman's people, what's that, was it in the hatch or outside the hatch.

Claire's baby, supposed to be somehow evil, what's up with that?

I don't want one show to answer everything of course but they left a lot of early things unexplained and now they're bringing in new angles and new people but they have almost forgotten about the old storylines.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Angel said:
I played it twice and I beleive he said "Michael you find Walt", you as in you will or you'll. Jin doesn't have a grasp of contractions yet, but he is doing remarkabley well understanding the language.

BTW was anyone else telling Sun (via TV screen) that the ring had to be with the bottle?

**********SPOILER*************

yup - I rewound it like 5 times, much to my wife's dismay. I thought Sun met Jin when he was a bartender/waiter. Maybe that happens after this bump in meet.

Sun is looking good, much surprised at that. When Jin was the door man, and the owner told him to go kick out the guy & his kid, I thought it was coll what he did.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Yes and no, they answered the hatch, and the tail section questions but some of the very earliest questions are still unanswered and in some cases almost forgotten.

The monster, we know it lifted the copilot out of the cockpit and killed him, now we think it's some sort of mechanical sentry. is that consistent? What is it, why did it seem to be an animal at first and a machine now?

Walt, we know he's got some powers, what are they, why, how can a kid conjure up polar bears on a tropical island and always get the roll he needs in a dice game?

Locke, paralyzed man gets up and walks, why, how, why did he start to lose it, and then get it back(did Boone dying somehow restore Locke?) Why is Locke the only one on the island who seems to know what's going on, or does he just think he does?

All the characters seeing and hearing things, jack seeing his father, kate seeing Walt, people hearing voices. What is all that about?

The mysterious sickness that killed all the French woman's people, what's that, was it in the hatch or outside the hatch.

Claire's baby, supposed to be somehow evil, what's up with that?

I don't want one show to answer everything of course but they left a lot of early things unexplained and now they're bringing in new angles and new people but they have almost forgotten about the old storylines.

Those first 2 items mentioned as being answered are 2 very big answers. The rest IMO are small potatoes compared to the, "Who Are The Others?" question, which they seem to be starting to answer. I would much rather get that answer instead of the other smaller ones, which I am sure they will answer throughout the season becuase a few of them will have to do with or play apart in the biggest question about "THE OTHERS".

Reaction score
I haven't watched from the beginning so I am a bit out of the loop.

Was last night the first time they showed an unknown group on the island, that are human? They walked past Jin and Echo, while hiding in the jungle... I assume that this would be the same group as the "pirates" which took Walt; but are they "the others"? I say no! Guess that is still a part of the mystery...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that there are multiple groups on the island - I do not think that Ethan was one of the "Others" that are killing the tailies, or took Walt. That group is led by the DeGroots (From the Dharma videos) who are in another location on the island. The Others (all conjecture on my part) are survivors/escapees from DeGroots experiments, and are a bit whacko/paranoid.

SWD - you have to realize that of course they were not going to reveal anything big this week or last - they are waiting (like all TV shows) for sweeps month (November) for all the big revelations/drama for awhile. We can look forward to a member dying (?)/lost permanantly per the previews, the Rose/Bernard reunion, Ana Lucia and Jack clashing, Locke interacting (either good or bad) with Eko, and some resolution to the Walt mystery.

As for the polar bear/monsters - didn't they mention that part of the experiments were on animals?

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Dback Jon said:
I think that there are multiple groups on the island - I do not think that Ethan was one of the "Others" that are killing the tailies, or took Walt. That group is led by the DeGroots (From the Dharma videos) who are in another location on the island. The Others (all conjecture on my part) are survivors/escapees from DeGroots experiments, and are a bit whacko/paranoid.

SWD - you have to realize that of course they were not going to reveal anything big this week or last - they are waiting (like all TV shows) for sweeps month (November) for all the big revelations/drama for awhile. We can look forward to a member dying (?)/lost permanantly per the previews, the Rose/Bernard reunion, Ana Lucia and Jack clashing, Locke interacting (either good or bad) with Eko, and some resolution to the Walt mystery.

As for the polar bear/monsters - didn't they mention that part of the experiments were on animals?

I hate to say this, but I think Shannon is the next to go *sigh* she really hasn't been around this season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
a few more black & white issues -

Eko-black tracker/survivalist, Locke-white tracker/survivalist
Rose black woman with white husband
Walt black kid, baby white kid

Good calls - hadn't thought about the black tracker/white tracker!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
I hate to say this, but I think Shannon is the next to go *sigh* she really hasn't been around this season.

Maybe - that would be bad too - I wanted to see some character growth in her after Boone's death.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's something else I was thinking about.

The 2nd group of crash survivors found a "hatch," also. But, they obviosly didn't have their own Desmond--someone punching in the numbers every 90 minutes. So, that guy seemed to have abandoned his duties fro some reason or another. Is there a connection between that and the reason that side of the island has aggressive "others?"

Also, that side of the island doesn't seem to have any "monsters," right? Maybe punching in the numbers keeps the monster active?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

The 2nd group of crash survivors found a "hatch," also. But, they obviosly didn't have their own Desmond--someone punching in the numbers every 90 minutes. So, that guy seemed to have abandoned his duties fro some reason or another. Is there a connection between that and the reason that side of the island has aggressive "others?"

Also, that side of the island doesn't seem to have any "monsters," right? Maybe punching in the numbers keeps the monster active?

The hatch on the tailies side also seems to have been cleared out - where did all the stuff go?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:

I am not so sure about that. First of all, that hatch wasnt very big at all. Looked to be just a small room with no corridors or other rooms, just one big room with a door in the back of it that seemed to be shut. I dont think it really was a Hatch, at least not in the same sense that the other hatch was (guy pushing numbers, dwelling, ect.).

Plus dont the others inhabit the center of the island. I think thats what one of the second group stated. So I dont think not pushing any buttons on that side of the island has anything to do with aggresive Others since they live in the center of the island, somewhere no one has gone yet.

Remember that the hatch that Jack and crew went down hasnt been fully explored yet. There is that big concrete slab they cant bust down so the whole underground may be throughout the whole island and the other survivors may have been in just another part of one huge labyrinth of which their door was shut to the other side just like the concrete on Jacks side. Which leads me to think that there is something in the middle of the island someone doesnt want to get out or something they didnt want to get to them.

Theories galore, thats why I love this show.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I am not so sure about that.
Me neither.

First of all, that hatch wasnt very big at all. Looked to be just a small room with no corridors or other rooms, just one big room with a door in the back of it that seemed to be shut.
We've only seen the one room, but there easily be others.

Plus dont the others inhabit the center of the island. I think thats what one of the second group stated.
The guy said they were inland...not on the coast. He didn't say the center of the island.

If they lived in the center, why aren't they attacking Jack's survivors with the same fevor?

Remember that the hatch that Jack and crew went down hasnt been fully explored yet. There is that big concrete slab they cant bust down so the whole underground may be throughout the whole island and the other survivors may have been in just another part of one huge labyrinth of which their door was shut to the other side just like the concrete on Jacks side.
The tailies' (thanks, Jon) hatch had a different, but similar, logo on it. It's clearly another one of the three stations as alluded to in the orientation video, IMO.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
The tailies' (thanks, Jon) hatch had a different, but similar, logo on it. It's clearly another one of the three stations as alluded to in the orientation video, IMO.
Yeah it had a dharma logo with an arrow instead of a swan.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
They haven't done anything with Sayed either, but at this point Shannon is definitely the most expendable plot wise.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
They haven't done anything with Sayed either, but at this point Shannon is definitely the most expendable plot wise.

I'm assuming Shannon was a non factor early because of the shooting schedule for her movie "The Fog"?

I doubt it's a main character, probably one of the tailies, but if it's a main character I'm guessing it's Charlie.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it just me or did the commercials get more time than Lost.

:bang:

I was like well at least there is still 10 minutes left so we still might find out something new. 6 minutes later they show the 2 minute ending.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the Ana vs Kate cat fight when they both want Sawyer. Perhaps they could make a mud wrestling match out of it! That would bring up the ratings.

That sucks that we have to wait until November for the next show!

:(

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I can't wait for the Ana vs Kate cat fight when they both want Sawyer.
Was I the only one disappointed to find out that Kate had the hots for Sawyer? Sexual tension, okay--but a full on "I miss him" scene? Ugh. disappointing.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guesses so far:

1) Jin dies - he is the last "major" character seen when they show the previews.

2) The rest of the hatches are probably empty. The experiments on the island went out of control, creating the "others". The computer is like a deadman fuse and when the last remaining "normal" human is gone, the island is destroyed, or decontaminated.

3) Walt didn't conjure the polar bear, but the bear was created by the same experimenters who created the shark. Walt has the ability to draw animals to him (the bird that flew into the window, the bear, possibly the "others")

The Shark

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
3) Walt didn't conjure the polar bear, but the bear was created by the same experimenters who created the shark. Walt has the ability to draw animals to him (the bird that flew into the window, the bear, possibly the "others")

The Shark
Maybe, but then why did they need the flare to find the raft?