Lost

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Next week is on the tailies' experience when they arrived, but after that I predict the following:
We don't necessarily know that Shannon is dead. In two weeks, both Shannon and Sawyer will be rushed to Jack. He will only have time to save one of them. Sawyer is the least critical patient so Jack saves him while Shannon dies. This will lead to rift between Jack and Sayid.

Lucy and I had this same discussion on the way to work, same thing we think Jack will pick Sawyer over Shannon. Then he'll have saved his future wife while her dad dies, been unable to save her half brother (admittedly while doing everything humanly possible) and then saved Sawyer while she dies.

Next week looks good too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting take Mike.

Also, anybody else think Sayid knew Ana Lucia? The look on his face wasn't just hey you just shot the girl I'm banging, it was hey I know you?

The irony, remember the first time Shannon met Sayid he asked her to watch his bag in the airport, he leaves, and she reports him to security as a possible terrorist, and now they end up in lust.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
From the previews for next week we know now that the child with the bear being dragged behind it is not walt, or rather the bear is not Walts. It belongs to one of the children taken from the Tail section.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
From the previews for next week we know now that the child with the bear being dragged behind it is not walt, or rather the bear is not Walts. It belongs to one of the children taken from the Tail section.

Correct, not sure why I thought that was Walt's.

I was going to guess that Walt was some sort of hologram, but how would they do that inside a tent?

Some really interesting twists they've added in, I like it, I just hope they don't have another long break after a few new shows.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up!

- Finally, alert your TiVos: Next week's Lost will run until 10:05 p.m. And if I know this show, everything juicy is going to happen in those last five minutes.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Just a heads up!

- Finally, alert your TiVos: Next week's Lost will run until 10:05 p.m. And if I know this show, everything juicy is going to happen in those last five minutes.

Mike

It's a two hour (plus) episode?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
It's a two hour (plus) episode?

That's probably like Eastern/West coast time....only goes to 9 in Arizona, but 10 in those other places.

I think it's 1:05 long...

Mike

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Some really interesting twists they've added in, I like it, I just hope they don't have another long break after a few new shows.
They will, ABC strings everything out to maximize sweeps... Its annoying. Be ready of recap of the recap repeating the recap...

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I love this show but I don't see it lasting as a top show after this year.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good one tonight, next week's will be awesome.

We finally got to see who Boone was talking to over the radio.

To think that Boone on the radio was last season, and then we find out NOW who he was talking to just proves to me that the creators and writers have a good master plan...

Mike

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought last night's episode was superb. :thumbup:

Looks like the "Shannon might not be dead" theory is out the window, at least according to the previews for next week.

Thought the writers did a really good job tying everything together.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
From a TV Guide interview with creators.

...."Why was Shannon marked for death?
Damon: It was by no means a result of Maggie's abilities as an actress, which, we felt were gaining ground every time we saw her on the screen. But Shannon is a 22- or 23-year-old character, and the flashback stories and limitations in terms of her life experience…. The younger the character is on the show, the more limited you are in terms of stories you can tell. So, before we started running Shannon into the ground and doing the same stories over and over again, it felt like it was a very natural time to kill [her] off. And the idea that was appealing to us, and certainly to Maggie, was that we would finally show Shannon in this different light. Make her incredibly sympathetic and then she would die.

Will Shannon be back, like, say, in one of Jack's flashbacks?
Carlton: It's always possible she could pop up in someone's backstory. But she is definitely dead. When a character dies on the island, they stay dead.".....

Read the whole thing at:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Angel said:
From a TV Guide interview with creators.

...."Why was Shannon marked for death?
Damon: It was by no means a result of Maggie's abilities as an actress, which, we felt were gaining ground every time we saw her on the screen. But Shannon is a 22- or 23-year-old character, and the flashback stories and limitations in terms of her life experience…. The younger the character is on the show, the more limited you are in terms of stories you can tell. So, before we started running Shannon into the ground and doing the same stories over and over again, it felt like it was a very natural time to kill [her] off. And the idea that was appealing to us, and certainly to Maggie, was that we would finally show Shannon in this different light. Make her incredibly sympathetic and then she would die.

Will Shannon be back, like, say, in one of Jack's flashbacks?
Carlton: It's always possible she could pop up in someone's backstory. But she is definitely dead. When a character dies on the island, they stay dead.".....

Read the whole thing at:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/

:computer: :mad: :thumbdown

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great episode last night, quite different than previous ones with regard to camera shots and presentation. None of the story made me like Ana Lucia any more (or should I say "hate her less").

Next week should be awesome, as always.

A-Bomb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually hate Ana Lucifer a bit more after seeing next week's previews.

And WHERE DID SHE GET ANOTHER BULLET FOR THAT GUN in the previews?? They said they only had one bullet in it, one for Shannon, then previews show her shooting at someone (assumably Sayid).

Ana Lucifer can go to the great bunker in the sky with Boone and Shannon, and it can't happen too soon for my tastes.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I actually hate Ana Lucifer a bit more after seeing next week's previews.

And WHERE DID SHE GET ANOTHER BULLET FOR THAT GUN in the previews?? They said they only had one bullet in it, one for Shannon, then previews show her shooting at someone (assumably Sayid).

Ana Lucifer can go to the great bunker in the sky with Boone and Shannon, and it can't happen too soon for my tastes.

Who knows if Ana Lucia shot Shannon?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I'm calling it: Libby's a plant. She's the Ethan of the Tailies' camp.

But here's my best evidence of Libby's treachery: Tonight, she told Sawyer she's a clinical psychologist. Well, who appears to have designed this tropical house of horrors, according to a certain orientation video? A team of clinical psychologists, that's who. Coincidence? What do you think? Is there such a thing as coincidence in the world of television drama?
I still think Libby could be a plant. Again this week they made a point of her profession.

It is strange. It also plays into my theory that the whole island is a giant Skinner Box.

Another interesting thing this week was when Goodwin told Ana Lucia, "Nathan wasn't a good person. That's why he wasn't on the list." The implication being that "good people" are either spared the life on the island, or that the people still there are being punished for something.

Great episode. Lots to digest.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Who knows if Ana Lucia shot Shannon?

It was pretty clear, from multiple angles, but the producers have confirmed it as well.

Even in the previews, Ana Lucifer says "I shot the woman he loves, he's gonna want to get even" about Sayid.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
It was pretty clear, from multiple angles, but the producers have confirmed it as well.

Even in the previews, Ana Lucifer says "I shot the woman he loves, he's gonna want to get even" about Sayid.

Oh yeah, you are right.

I wonder myself how she had another shot. Maybe she ends up with one of the other guns? :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost Spins Off to Verizon Wireless
Source: ABC
November 20, 2005

The ABC Television Network and Touchstone Television have partnered with Buena Vista Home Entertainment to create "Lost Video Diaries," an extension of the Emmy Award-winning series Lost, designed especially for mobile and DVD distribution platforms. The deal was announced by Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, Business Development, ABC Entertainment & Touchstone Television. The "Lost Video Diaries" is slated to premiere exclusively on the Verizon Wireless V CAST service in January.

Produced by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, "Lost Video Diaries" is based on an original concept by Lost co-creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof, and by Carlton Cuse, also an executive producer of the series. The original live-action content will consist of a minimum of 22 two-minute episodes. Featuring characters who were on Oceanic Flight 815 but whose storylines have not been seen on Lost, "Lost Video Diaries" will chronicle compelling tales from the island inspired by events taking place on the broadcast series.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment will also distribute the content as part of the Lost Season Two DVD boxed set, which will be the exclusive home to at least six of the episodes.

In making the announcement Gersh said: "We think that the 'Lost Video Diaries' are groundbreaking both in terms of the way they were conceived and the way they will be written and produced. Given the fervor fans have for this show, we're confident that the Diaries will fuel their enthusiasm and provide them with another avenue to access 'Lost' - new stories, new distribution. It's a great extension of one of televisions most respected brands."

Lost co-creator/executive producer Lindelof added: "Viewers always ask us, 'What's going on with the people in the background? Don't they have stories too?' Well, the answer is yes… and now we've got the perfect format in which to tell those stories."

"This is a perfect example of ABC, Touchstone Television and Buena Vista Home Entertainment working together to create original 'Lost' content," said Gordon Ho, executive vice president, Brand Marketing and Business Development, Buena Vista Home Entertainment. "We're especially excited that DVD fans will enjoy the final episodes of these 'Lost Video Diaries' exclusively on the Season Two DVD release."

Verizon Wireless VP-Marketing Bill Stone said: "We are pleased to be premiering this great made-for-mobile content, and know 'Lost' fans from coast to coast will tune into V CAST every week to extend their television experience. V CAST subscribers can learn the inside story wherever they are. We expect the 'Lost Video Diaries' content to be a huge hit."

Dawn Kelly and Matt Ragghianti are writing the episodes, and Lost producer Javier Grillo Marxauch will serve as an executive consultant on the project. Casting is set to begin this month and production will begin in December in Hawaii.

Lost, which counts among its six Emmy Awards one for Outstanding Drama Series, was co-created by J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof, who also serve as executive producers, along with Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse. The series, which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is produced by Touchstone Television and is broadcast on the ABC Television Network.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
i haven't read the whole thread, so i don't know if this theory came up yet. i know someone who thinks that the island is really purgatory. i thought it was an interesting idea, original at the very least. but goodwin's line about nathan not being a "good person" makes me wonder about it a little more. maybe the others take the good people to heaven? maybe shannon became a better person, which is why she could leave? i don't know. any thoughts?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i haven't read the whole thread, so i don't know if this theory came up yet. i know someone who thinks that the island is really purgatory. i thought it was an interesting idea, original at the very least. but goodwin's line about nathan not being a "good person" makes me wonder about it a little more. maybe the others take the good people to heaven? maybe shannon became a better person, which is why she could leave? i don't know. any thoughts?
That theory came up a long time ago. JJ Abrams has publicly stated that the characters are not dead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05