Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aronofsky to Direct a Lost Episode
Source: Entertainment Weekly
October 27, 2005

Darren Aronofksy, director of Requiem for a Dream and upcoming The Fountain, has signed on to direct an episode of ABC's Lost, which will likely air at the beginning of May sweeps.

"It was one of those fantastic calls out of the blue," Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse told Entertainment Weekly. "His agents let us know he liked the show, and we jumped at the opportunity. Apparently, he had been watching 'Lost' while up in Montreal shooting 'The Fountain' and got hooked."

Cuse added that he thinks Aronofsky will be done with The Fountain, starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz, before taking on Lost. "We scheduled it so that [the episode] is coming on the heels of finishing 'The Fountain'. And we will try to put together a story that will be well-suited for Darren's talents and visual imagination."

Lost returns from its two-week hiatus on November 9th.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am late to this whole deal, having watched the premiere of season one on BitTorrent halfway through the first season, then waited and watched the DVD with friends the last few weeks. I did DVR season two, and finished that up a couple of days ago. Great show!

My call on the death is Sun...her storyline has completed as much as anyone wants it to, and the only thing left is her and jin to reunite. But we have the Kate/Sawyer and Rose/Bernard reunites coming too. I think having Jin come back to a dead Sun would be HUGE for the show. I would hate it, as I love Sun, but it would be ballsy in a 24-kill-anyone kind of way.

But it's probably Shannon...though I think her backstory with Jack choosing his wife over her Dad could add meaning to her character, plus she's nice to look at painting her toes and all.

I. Can't. Wait. for this next episode. The next three should be great, and the one after next week follows the TailPeople's drama, so lots of Others will be involved. Sweeps weeks for Lost should be stellar.

Long live crawling Kate!!!

oh, and for a great site for Lost discussion is The Fuselage, if you haven't gone there. Cast members sometimes post there, and Terry O'Quinn (Locke) really posts a lot and answers questions. It's worth a look.

http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/index.php

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was to be a new episode last night.

This is getting to very very stupid. They had all summer to make shows. Then "start the season" by showing 2-3 episodes then taking another month off. :rolleyes: :mad:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

This is getting to very very stupid. They had all summer to make shows. Then "start the season" by showing 2-3 episodes then taking another month off. :rolleyes: :mad:
I thought you quit watching. If the breaks really bother you that much, push the show out of your mind until the S2 DVD comes out and then watch everything in 3-4 sittings.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Every show, on every network does that...

Mike

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Every show, on every network does that...

Mike

Really? I just watched a new trading spouses last night :shrug:

Do you guys really dont think its screwy what their doing to their fan base or just like it so much you dont care?

(BTW never said I stopped watching just said what they are doing is losing them their audience. Which the ratings show. They still have high ratings but it gets lower each following week. I mean it IS common sense that doing this, not just this break but other times as well, will lose you audience member which is all the execs care about)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Of course you are going to see the occasional show like that not take a break or in this case have its season premier during other bigger shows breaks so they can get people to watch when those bigger shows are in repeats. Breaks, season premiers during those breaks, or smaller shows starting back up during those breaks are common practice in the TV industry. Mike is correct.

90% of TV shows are going to take breaks in which rerruns will take place for a few weeks before they start back up again, especially right before the sweeps seasons.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Do you guys really dont think its screwy what their doing to their fan base or just like it so much you dont care?

(BTW never said I stopped watching just said what they are doing is losing them their audience. Which the ratings show. They still have high ratings but it gets lower each following week. I mean it IS common sense that doing this, not just this break but other times as well, will lose you audience member which is all the execs care about)

Well, I don't like it, but I certainly am not blaming LOST for it, they have no choice, it's the networks.

But they all do it...the OC, Prison Break, etc., were all on breaks on Fox for baseball.

Mike

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I think that most of the networks, not just FOX, fed us reruns during the baseball games and that they expected that the Series would last longer than it did.

They may lose some viewers, but myself I don't mind the break every now and then. I can only cram so much TV watching into a day (yes that includes the recorded shows) so it is nice to have an evening off every now and the....besides there will be more new episodes soon. :)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angel said:
I think that most of the networks, not just FOX, fed us reruns during the baseball games and that they expected that the Series would last longer than it did.
I'd wager that the other networks didn't even take into account that the World Series was on. Nobody watches baseball. Look at the ratings.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent episode tonight. I am not sorry to see Shannon go. Next week's (extended) episode is about the tailies so I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens when the tailies meet Jack & company.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMFG!

****Don't READ Below if you haven't see this yet****

That sucked, I'd heard the rumors that this is what happened, but was hoping they were wrong.- and FU Ana Lucia.........

Man - Boone's Mom is a BITCH!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you notice the flash of Jack at the hospital? Confirmed - it was Shannon's Dad that was killed in the car accident with Jack's future wife.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I had to switch over to watch tading spouses women go crazy. How did whats her name die?

Ana Lucia with the rest of the tailies, Michael, Sawyer and Jin were trekking to the camp - they heard voices, Ana Lucia began freaking out (it was revealed that the very first night that the tailies were on the island, the others took 3 of the tailies, later they took 9. One of the tailies, Cindy (the stewardess) could not be found. Meanwhile, Shannon (with Sayid) were looking for Walt - they both thought they saw him, Shannon runs through the brush. Ana Lucia fires their only bullet (idiot) and it hits Shannon in the chest.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week is on the tailies' experience when they arrived, but after that I predict the following:
We don't necessarily know that Shannon is dead. In two weeks, both Shannon and Sawyer will be rushed to Jack. He will only have time to save one of them. Sawyer is the least critical patient so Jack saves him while Shannon dies. This will lead to rift between Jack and Sayid.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm - I was about to post something similar - remember, Jack has been in this situation before - letting Shannon's Dad die while saving his future wife. That is what I think will happen - Jack has to choose to only save one.

And did Ana Lucia really fire the gun? It will be easy to disprove (i.e. if there is still a bullet in the gun). Remember, Sayid laid his gun down before he and Shannon did the Jungle Love bit.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read this from Entertainment Weekly...

:shock:

The Tailies and their new friends, Michael, Jin, and Sawyer, were hiking towards Forward-Section camp when they came upon a steep embankment. They began to scale the rise, dragging Sawyer (feverish from his gunshot wound) on a makeshift stretcher. Bringing up the rear of their little caravan were Libby and Cindy. Now here's where things get interesting: By the time they reached the top of the ridge, Cindy was gone, presumably ''taken'' by the Others. How did this happen?

With Libby's help.

I'm calling it: Libby's a plant. She's the Ethan of the Tailies' camp.

First off, go to the tape. Libby's the last one to interact with Cindy. And Cindy's carrying a large blue knapsack. By the time they've climbed to the top, Libby's carrying the knapsack. You're telling me she took the knapsack from Cindy and then proceeded to forget all about her? This is a ridge, not K-2 — you don't just ''lose'' people like that. Also notable: Cindy hands Libby a walking stick of some sort, just before we lose track of her completely. As this handoff takes place, we see a cavelike opening in the background, right where Cindy's about to pass. And it looks as if there's some sort of shape inside.

But here's my best evidence of Libby's treachery: Tonight, she told Sawyer she's a clinical psychologist. Well, who appears to have designed this tropical house of horrors, according to a certain orientation video? A team of clinical psychologists, that's who. Coincidence? What do you think? Is there such a thing as coincidence in the world of television drama? Consult the little Locke on your left shoulder (as opposed to the tiny Jack on your right).

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Shannon started yelling and running off after Walt held his finger to his lips and said "shhh," I said, "Well, that was stupid."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05