OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i haven't read the whole thread, so i don't know if this theory came up yet. i know someone who thinks that the island is really purgatory. i thought it was an interesting idea, original at the very least. but goodwin's line about nathan not being a "good person" makes me wonder about it a little more. maybe the others take the good people to heaven? maybe shannon became a better person, which is why she could leave? i don't know. any thoughts?

nOOb :)

Kidding :)

Mike

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent episode last night, but again it moved very slow. I guess they felt they had to provide the backstory on Ana Lucia sooner than later.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Decent episode last night, but again it moved very slow. I guess they felt they had to provide the backstory on Ana Lucia sooner than later.

Did it also seem shorter in the sence that is seemed the commericals were longer and more frequent last night, or was that just me.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Glad Sawyer is back; I like him. He's a smartass.
2. God Kate, if you weren't so hot I'd hate your character.
3. Ana Lucifer, if you weren't such a hooch..well, I'd still hate you.
4. Dad?? Awesome! I wonder if it is Walt or something else.
5. Eko? Awesome; love that guy. He and lock are two peas in neighboring pods.
6. Last five minutes...worth the wait.
7. Next week's episode looks AMAZING.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
4. Dad?? Awesome! I wonder if it is Walt or something else.

Didnt the video say not to use the computer as a communication device, no matter how much they are tempted to do so. This thing saying it is Walt is just a temptation IMO.

As for the next episode we might actually get to no more about this monster/machine finally. And more about Eko, this character is pure genius.

I guess I am one of the few who actually likes Ana. I think she is going to cause a lot of turmoil in the group and is the perfect heel type character.

Also it looks there is even more of the film is missing after watching the new updated one. And interesting discovery about the blast doors.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see Sayid on the TV in the army recruitment office when Kate goes to see her dad.

Looks like he's being led away, like a captive of the US army or something...

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
5. Eko? Awesome; love that guy. He and lock are two peas in neighboring pods.
I don't think they're as similar as we initially believed.

Remember when he looked sideways at Locke and said: "Don't confuse coincidence with fate."? I think that sides him closer to Jack than Locke.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Remember when he looked sideways at Locke and said: "Don't confuse coincidence with fate."? I think that sides him closer to Jack than Locke.
I don't think Locke is mentally sound. I think there will be as Jack said "a Locke problem" in the future.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
You can see Sayid on the TV in the army recruitment office when Kate goes to see her dad.

Mike

I missed that - good catch!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Didnt the video say not to use the computer as a communication device, no matter how much they are tempted to do so. This thing saying it is Walt is just a temptation IMO.

I figured the point of that computer bit was to explain why they couldn't just program the computer to enter the numbers every 100+ minutes so they didn't have to assign a person to do it. As soon as they brought that thing in I said why don't they just program the computer to enter that stuff, some sort of macro ought to work even with that old system. But by saying you can't use the computer for anything else, that would include writing such a program?

Would seem to me at the time that system was probably put there, there was no internet so how would they have used the computer to communicate?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

yeah, that's why I took them out of the same pod. Now they are just two peas in the same peapatch. I still think he is kind of the TailLocke, but there will be differences. I could easily see him being the anti-locke but on the same plane...both faith-based individuals but with different intentions. Could be a foil for Locke's plans, or a compatriot. I do love the Eko character though.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesnt anyone wonder what happened to Desmond?

I mean the man said he got there by boat than ran off (to the boat?)

I woulda followed his ass outta there.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

Yeah we saw that and rewound it to make sure. This show is fantastic in that regard; I love it. You have to be constantly vigilant, kind of like when dealing with Death Eaters and the dark arts. /harrypotter

My name is earl does the same kind of thing with High Def; it hides little signs on the walls and stuff, or has a character hold them that say something about HD, and can only be seen in HD. Last episode where earl's dad was running for mayor, in the corner of a building of political signs it said [dad's name] loves high Def.] It was nice catching that in the broadcast and rewinding to be sure. I love that clever kind of touch.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I figured the point of that computer bit was to explain why they couldn't just program the computer to enter the numbers every 100+ minutes so they didn't have to assign a person to do it. As soon as they brought that thing in I said why don't they just program the computer to enter that stuff, some sort of macro ought to work even with that old system. But by saying you can't use the computer for anything else, that would include writing such a program?

Would seem to me at the time that system was probably put there, there was no internet so how would they have used the computer to communicate?

You dont have to have the internet to communicate with a computer. They were being used as a form of communication far before the internet came along.

They specifically stated "comminicating to the outside" but never mentioned programming as one of the other things to not do with the computer in the video, and that they would be tempted to do so (Communicate) but not to do it anyways. It wasnt just a cioncedence that right after the film talks about communicating and being tempted to communicate they cut to a scene of Michael talking to the biggest temptation possible, talking to his missing son.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
You dont have to have the internet to communicate with a computer. They were being used as a form of communication far before the internet came along.

They specifically stated "comminicating to the outside" but never mentioned programming as one of the other things to not do with the computer in the video, and that they would be tempted to do so (Communicate) but not to do it anyways. It wasnt just a cioncedence that right after the film talks about communicating and being tempted to communicate they cut to a scene of Michael talking to the biggest temptation possible, talking to his missing son.

What other forms of communication were there pre internet via computer?

I know I had internal email for years before the internet, and I know there was FTP and things like that but pre internet how did you communicate with the outside world via computer? Not saying you're wrong just that I never did it pre internet so I have no idea how it was done.

I thought the military created arpanet which was the precursor to the internet precisely to solve that problem?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05