Lost

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
By the way, that black cloud scene in high definition was...amazing.

Mike

It was. Also if I got it right the faces shown in the cloud were, the old man he killed, him and his brother as kids, his brother as a priest, the women who sold the statues, and a jesus figure on a cross.

But my question is, the black smoke is there more to it, such as a machine behind it. It still sounded mechanical to me plus the legs they show or trees being up rooted or something like that every time they see the thing. I thought the way it did the pictures and the noises it makes was sort of computer like. Could the number fail safe at the hatch be to control the smoke?

Plus why didnt it kill Eko. Does it feed on fear and Eko wasnt afriad, or was the smoke afraid of Eko. Or with the smoke able to see into the persons past is it looking for specific people and Eko just wasnt one of those people. Every time we get an answer to something we get like 10 new questions, which is what I like most about the show.

Another Question. Walter if it really is Walter asked his Dad to do something. He asked him to, I Need You To "Cons.....". What is that last word. I slow moed it and it looked like the last letter was going to be an "s". What did he ask for, and if the smoke is sort of like a super computer is it the smoke talking as if he is Walter? Yeah I know pretty vague theory but thats all I got.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Computer Screen shot....

Attachments

• lostdui3gx.jpg
    lostdui3gx.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 159

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
It was. Also if I got it right the faces shown in the cloud were, the old man he killed, him and his brother as kids, his brother as a priest, the women who sold the statues, and a jesus figure on a cross.

Thanks for the update!

joeshmo said:
Plus why didnt it kill Eko. Does it feed on fear and Eko wasnt afriad, or was the smoke afraid of Eko. Or with the smoke able to see into the persons past is it looking for specific people and Eko just wasnt one of those people. Every time we get an answer to something we get like 10 new questions, which is what I like most about the show.

I'm not sure why it didn't kill Eko. Maybe he's repented? Maybe he has remorse? Maybe his brother is protecting him? Maybe he's made amends? Who knows? But I do agree that we get a question answered and 10 more questions every show ... but that's why we LOVE IT!

joeshmo said:
Another Question. Walter if it really is Walter asked his Dad to do something. He asked him to, I Need You To "Cons.....". What is that last word. I slow moed it and it looked like the last letter was going to be an "s". What did he ask for, and if the smoke is sort of like a super computer is it the smoke talking as if he is Walter? Yeah I know pretty vague theory but thats all I got.

I thought it looked like he was asking him to come and get him. That would explain why he goes AWOL next episode.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You pretty much have to have the HD feed to see those images in the black smoke. I had to go frame by frame and still couldn't make them out very well.

Attachments

• 10000.jpeg
    10000.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 175

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
You pretty much have to have the HD feed to see those images in the black smoke. I had to go frame by frame and still couldn't make them out very well.
I don't have HD, but went frame by fram and I think I saw it all.

The picture above is the one I couldn't figure out where it came from. Looks like Ecko is slitting someone's throat from behind. When did that happen? I know he cut the two guys' throats from the front, but I don't remember a scene depicted like the one above.

:?:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I don't have HD, but went frame by fram and I think I saw it all.

The picture above is the one I couldn't figure out where it came from. Looks like Ecko is slitting someone's throat from behind. When did that happen? I know he cut the two guys' throats from the front, but I don't remember a scene depicted like the one above.

:?:
Nevermind. He's not cutting his throat....he's holding his brother on the airstrip. Duh.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW. What a great episode.

Noticed that Zeke told Alex to bring Kate out. Alex is the French woman's son.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nm132 said:
WOW. What a great episode.

Noticed that Zeke told Alex to bring Kate out. Alex is the French woman's son.

ahhhhhhh

Hey my baby started crying so I missed what was said. When Zeke asked Jack how long he has been on the island and Jack said 50 days Zeke then said Almost 2 months...then I think he said how long they were on the island. What did he say?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
ahhhhhhh

Hey my baby started crying so I missed what was said. When Zeke asked Jack how long he has been on the island and Jack said 50 days Zeke then said Almost 2 months...then I think he said how long they were on the island. What did he say?

He never said how long they had been on there...

I thought he said Alice, not Alex, but I think you are right NM...

Frenchwoman's daughter...

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good episode. Liked getting more background on why Jack and his wife broke up.

Kate is a dope. She's always messing something up.

I liked when Hurley was talking about that chick: "She's kinda cute in a I've been terrorized on an island for 40 days way."

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome episode - and the boatbilly did say "Alex".......

Loved Locke turning the naming game on Sawyer :)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I liked the end of the episode. Jack is getting pissed off.

"How Long to Train and army". :eek:

First he runs into the jungle holding the big gun, then back talks the scary pirate dudes, even tries to call their bluff, then ask cop lady to train an army.

Also is Zeke and his crew apart of the others or not. He seemed to know who Ethan was but didnt seem to be apart of his crew when he said, "well thats a nice assumption" or something to that effect.

And he said that Walts was special. Hmmmmm.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show continues to make me say "WTF?" at least 2-3 times per week and I love it.

A-Bomb

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Also is Zeke and his crew apart of the others or not. He seemed to know who Ethan was but didnt seem to be apart of his crew when he said, "well thats a nice assumption" or something to that effect.

And he said that Walts was special. Hmmmmm.

I think he was reacting to Jack saying he thought they had very low "numbers" and that's why used a spy. Meaning if you guys had us outnumbered you'd have just come and overpowered us, not used a spy.

And Zeke said nice assumption and then they all lit up their torches to show how many others there were.

So I guess we have no idea what happened to Michael? Was the gunfire involving him, or when they caught Kate(to scare her)?

Good episode, not as good as I was expecting but I think I'm just getting a bit worn down with them constantly introducing new elements before they've explained old ones.

Also thought it was odd that Jack went to Ana Lucia and not Sayid, who was in the army and who he knows much better and presumably trusts. I assume he figured Sayid is still grieving?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Good episode, not as good as I was expecting but I think I'm just getting a bit worn down with them constantly introducing new elements before they've explained old ones.

Also thought it was odd that Jack went to Ana Lucia and not Sayid, who was in the army and who he knows much better and presumably trusts. I assume he figured Sayid is still grieving?

Im getting worn down too.

good point on sayid

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

That was the dumbest part of the episode, IMO. Why would a trigger happy cop be qualified to train an army, when you have a bonafide badass torture captain on your hands.

Oh, I know...because they want to insert Ana Lucifer into the story more, try and make her more sympathetic and have a new love interest for Jack, now that he's mad at Kate and she'll be wanting to win his affection back. So high school, and the setup of it around the army training is one of the few times JJ is being overly heavy handed with the need to make a character more accepted. Sure, they've done it before, but usually it makes sense in context of the story's framework. Not going to Sayid is a break in the "reality" of the show, IMO. Good thing the rest of it is so damn kickass that I let it slide.

But no Mr. Abrams, I will NOT like Ana Lucifer, not one bit. Not ever. She can take out Zeke and the others Rambina style, and I'll say, "ok b, now I'd at least let you hang out on the beach with us."

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Im getting worn down too.

good point on sayid

Seems to me that he went to the rgith person...someone else who's bitter, upset like him...Sayid may not want to be a part of it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Seems to me that he went to the rgith person...someone else who's bitter, upset like him...Sayid may not want to be a part of it.

My thoughts exactly. Sayid, Locke and Eko would probably tell Jack he's nuts.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Bingo.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one other question. It's been so long since the backstory on Sawyer and his name.

IIRC, someone scammed his dad out of money, the dad killed his mom and then killed himself?

Can someone remind me of that whole story?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Probably not if Ana Lucia is. Right now he seems to be more grieving than mad that SHannon is dead.