Lost

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Lost's' Dominic Monaghan & Evangeline Lilly To Wed

Lost stars Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly are reportedly engaged. The British-born actor - who plays rock star Charlie in the hit show - is said to have proposed to stunning Evangeline in Hawaii last week. The happy pair are now planning to jet to the UK to share their happy news with Dominic's family. A source is quoted in Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper as saying: "They want to spend the rest of their lives together."

--------------------------------------------------

And the cast cashes in...

--------------------------------------------------

"Lost" Cast Finds Cash

by Gina Serpe
Jan 23, 2006

It ain't Hurley's mega-millions, but it's a start for the cast of Lost.

Show producer Touchstone Television has offered substantial salary hikes to the original ensemble of the Emmy- and Golden Globe-winning hit drama in exchange for the actors extending their current contracts to include an additional year of island-living, Other-dodging, number-punching duties.

And sorry, tailies, that's original cast only.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the studio is offering to pay the actors nearly $80,000 an episode starting with the show's third season, which is double, and in some cases quadruple, what they are currently earning. For the past two years, the Lost gang's salaries have reportedly fallen in the $20,000-$40,000 range per episode.

All surviving original cast members have been offered the same deal and are expected to take it, according to the trade paper. That includes Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Terry O'Quinn (Locke), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Yunjin Kim (Sun) and Harold Perrineau Jr. (Michael).

The notable exception is for Matthew Fox, who plays the good doctor Jack Shephard, the show's nominal lead, who was offered an additional one-time bonus of at least $250,000 in addition to the salary hike.

But don't read the pay increase as a spoiler. None of the cast members are guaranteed to last through the season (see: brother-sister duo Boone and Shannon, played by Ian Somerhalder and Maggie Grace, who have already met their demise).

The pumped-up checks are said to be the first salary bump for the Lost crew, who previously received a bonus of one extra episode fee between their breakout first season and the current second one.

And along with entering a new tax bracket, the raise has placed the castaways amid another rarified group.

They now rank on par with the stars of ABC's other ratings juggernaut, Desperate Housewives. The core quartet of Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria also started off their freshman year in the $20,000-$40,000 range only to be quickly rewarded.

Like Fox, the feisty femmes all reportedly earned bonuses, of $250,000 midway through their premiere season, as well as receiving salary increases for the second season, bringing each actress' per-episode fee to the high five- to low six-figure range.

Like the Wisteria Lane ladies, the Lost gang will be raking in the dough for quite some time: The actors on Lost, which has one of the largest casts, as well as highest production values, in prime time, were automatically committed to long-term deals when they signed on to the pilot, which usually run at least five years.

The J.J. Abrams-helmed drama has been a hit since debuting in fall 2004. The first season was the second-best-selling television-based DVD of 2005, with more than 1 million units sold. This season, the show ranks as the eighth-most watched, averaging more than 16.6 million viewers per episode.

The show is also making a splash on the really small screen, leading all Disney-produced series in downloads since becoming available on Apple's iTunes store in October.

Lost Video Diaries, a spinoff series designed solely for cell phones, is set to launch later this month.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was slightly disappointed with this episode. I did like the dynamics with Ana Lucia and Jack, Kate and Sawyer and Lilly and Hurley though.

I think this episode had to happen to lead up to something more. The whole Locke thing is pretty cool. Wonder why he kept those statues? And he really kicked the crap outta Charlie.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I want to see Locke beat Charlie up more. Charlie is seriously annoying.

Awww, I like Charlie...he was just trying to help, although his methods weren't great.

As for Locke, I'm really sensing his connection or idea that the island brought them all there, is lessening...or why would he just ignore Charlie's "test" as he called it?

Libby is not on the up and up, and I don't think she was on the plane. She's a plant.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Awww, I like Charlie...he was just trying to help, although his methods weren't great.

As for Locke, I'm really sensing his connection or idea that the island brought them all there, is lessening...or why would he just ignore Charlie's "test" as he called it?

Libby is not on the up and up, and I don't think she was on the plane. She's a plant.

Mike

If Libby wasn't on the plane, then how did she know that Hurley ran sweatily through the airport/plane??

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

I contribute that to bad writing. The writers seem to be spinning. Cant answer past questions only try to create new ones. You can go back and point out major happenings that have been lost in the show.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
If Libby wasn't on the plane, then how did she know that Hurley ran sweatily through the airport/plane??

A good guess? He is a big man. Walking would make him sweat. I agree I do not think she is on the up and up either.,

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:

She never said that, she just said he was last on the plane...and sweating.

The guys is ALWAYS sweating...that's not too hard to figure out.

Not sure how she knew he was the last one on...but maybe she overheard him talking to someone, I dunno.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also amazing how many characters there are now, and how little we see of everyone.

Desmond
French Lady
Michael
Walt

Must be hard to have so many cast members, but have to do these background stories...you miss out on seeing everyone.

Like Ana Lucia, was such a focus for two episodes or so, then bam, she was on for 30 seconds the last two episodes, and then briefly again this one.

I'd like to see more of her and Jack

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
A good guess? He is a big man. Walking would make him sweat. I agree I do not think she is on the up and up either.,

She also told him that he stepped on her foot when walking onto the plane. I dont think she is a plant at all.

Plus Hurley said she looked familiar or something like that. Was she a doctor while he was in the physco ward or something, she is a phsycologist or something like that isnt she.

As for Locke, dude is over compensating for being such a wuss in his past life, trying to be the Man, the Leader, Ect. He had more secrets and shady activity then any other person last season and some of this season but if anyone else tries to pull that stuff he gets pissed off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
She also told him that he stepped on her foot when walking onto the plane. I dont think she is a plant at all.

Plus Hurley said she looked familiar or something like that. Was she a doctor while he was in the physco ward or something, she is a phsycologist or something like that isnt she.

Here is what I think...and you can tell me if I'm nuts...

She's Alex...the Frenchwoman's daughter...and Hurley thinks she's familiar because she looks like the Frenchwoman...

;)

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

She's Alex...the Frenchwoman's daughter...and Hurley thinks she's familiar because she looks like the Frenchwoman...

;)

Not bad. Where is the french women btw?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

;)

She's older than 16......

I need to re-watch the episode where Hurley got on the plane, to see if I can spot Libby.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Libby was on the plane, but I do think she's in on "it." Whatever "it" is.

~They've made a point more than once that she's a "Clinical Psychologist."
~They also made a point of saying on the film that they were doing research based on BF Skinner (father of Classical Conditioning, I think...or was that Pavlov? Anyway, I think the island is a giant Skinner Box).

As for last nights episode, I thought it was okay. Seems it's possible that maybe Charlie is getting "sick," too, IMO.

Also, in the episode a couple of weeks ago, did it stand out to anyone that as Locke was calling out the combination (numbers) when they were locked in the vault that even when they went away from that room the show made a point of letting you hear them. I wonder what the significance of those numbers might be, and is it connected to Locke changing the combo in last night's episode?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
But Hurley didnt remember that. He looked confused.

Confused???

I thought he looked embarrased, he does have a crush on her and all.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week is a repeat..... :(

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

Feb. 01: "Numbers" rerun
Feb. 08: James-centric eppy
Feb. 15: Claire-centric eppy
Feb. 22: Sayid-centric eppy

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
She's older than 16......

I need to re-watch the episode where Hurley got on the plane, to see if I can spot Libby.

BTW - it so happens that the episode they are repeating next week "numbers" is the episode that shows Hurley's back story, and him winning his millions............

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Next week is a repeat..... :(

FEBRUARY SCHEDULE:

Feb. 01: "Numbers" rerun
Feb. 08: James-centric eppy
Feb. 15: Claire-centric eppy
Feb. 22: Sayid-centric eppy
So is Feb 8 a new one?

Damn. I was really looking forward to next week's based on the preview.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
So is Feb 8 a new one?

Damn. I was really looking forward to next week's based on the preview.

Yup - the previews from last night are for the Feb 8th episode.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some other stuff to chew on...

This is the painting that appears in the beginning of the episode, also looks like the pose that Claire and Charlie’s mom were in:

http://art.pro.tok2.com/Bible/CLater/01Baptism/verr.jpg

If you watch the scene on the beach with his mom and Claire, you’ll notice the white dove splits into two…a white and black one.

The paining represents John the Baptist baptizing Jesus, and the black dove represents sin being expelled I guess.

As far as Libby…I’ve been thinking she was an other, but most are thinking since Hurley recognizes her, she’s either a doctor as the insane asylum he was at…or a patient.

Also, if anyone cares…the baby’s name is Aaron, which is Moses brother in the Bible. Moses was taken out of the water in a cradle…like how Aaron was in the cradle in the ocean when Charlie saved him. No clue if it means anything, but there you go…also, burning bush….Moses…etc.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
If you watch the scene on the beach with his mom and Claire, you’ll notice the white dove splits into two…a white and black one.
Yeah, I noticed that and replayed it in slo mo. It looks almost like it's a mistake in post--it looks like the shaow of the bird being projected on a wall that isn't there.

Weird.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Yeah, I noticed that and replayed it in slo mo. It looks almost like it's a mistake in post--it looks like the shaow of the bird being projected on a wall that isn't there.

Weird.
Actually, I don't think it's a mistake...the scene is supposed to look like a painting, so that dove has a shadow...which also seems to double for the black dove...