Lost

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
BTW in the preview who was Sayid torturing? Sawyer again?
Rousseau leads Sayid to some guy in the woods that may or may not be one of the others. From what I understand next week's episode will have Sayid flashbacks. The torturing could either be somebody in a flashback or the guy Rousseau leads him to or both.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Dang, I feel like the victim of a long con. The twists and turns led someplace within the confines of an hour that made this a satisfying episode though I really enjoy Lost's lack of neat and tidy answers.

One liner of the episode “Making Locke angry enough to hit you is like getting Gandhi to beat his kids," though "El Jacko and Ana Lulu" comes a close second. Someone needs to make an online Sawyer name generator.

After all this time of Sawyer being an invalid, you forget that his self-serving ways can get more harmful than nicknames and winks. Josh Holloway is brilliant at keeping that dimpled grin on his face while his eyes go all cold and serpent like, feel the chill. Still, when Sawyer came out with a rifle during Locke and Jack’s tiff, I was surprised. I admit that I like him better with the spice. I would feel sorry for poor Kate, betrayed and left out again, but since I don’t like her I won’t.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Actually, it's not a plot hole, I hear it's supposed to be explained why he hasn't lost any weight...

Even in the show Hurley has been confroted by others asking him why he hasn't lost weight. I think it was the guy that got blown up by the dynamite that asked him that.

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Even in the show Hurley has been confroted by others asking him why he hasn't lost weight. I think it was the guy that got blown up by the dynamite that asked him that.
Well, it isn't like the other characters are all getting skinny...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested...

Abrams Won't Drop Rodriguez Despite Legal Woes

Lost creator JJ Abrams insists Michelle Rodriguez will not be dropped from the hit US TV show despite facing serious drunk driving charges. The Resident Evil actress was caught speeding in Hawaii, where Lost is filmed, three times last year, and was charged with DUI offenses after an incident on November 30. But Abrams is keen to stand by the actress, who plays Ana Lucia in the show's second season. He tells the New York Post, "While we don't want to report on the fate of any of the characters on the show I would say without question, that any reports that anything that's going on with any of the actors as being problematic or resulting in changing the storyline to sort of, you know, get rid of them, is just erroneous and silliness. There's a lot of stuff that has happened that's extracurricular, and it's in the news. It becomes fodder for speculation."

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good episode. It was nice to see Sayid not be so mopey. He has been pretty irrelevant since Shannon's death.

Sorry swd, rerun next week

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naveen Andrews was amazing this episode...great acting...

Pretty sweet...the numbers turning red and black...and into symbols...what the heck were they?

Nice to know they actually have a little buffer afterwards, seemed like 5-10 seconds, to reset it even if it runs out.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Naveen Andrews was amazing this episode...great acting...

Pretty sweet...the numbers turning red and black...and into symbols...what the heck were they?

Nice to know they actually have a little buffer afterwards, seemed like 5-10 seconds, to reset it even if it runs out.

Something started running when the time ran out then Locke hit something like control alt delete and it restarted.

Im bummed they said we would find out what happens when they let it run down to 0.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Something started running when the time ran out then Locke hit something like control alt delete and it restarted.

Im bummed they said we would find out what happens when they let it run down to 0.

it looked like he got all the numbers in and hit enter - he just did it late.

shawn

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

:biglaugh:

he did NOT hit control alt delete, lol...

He finished putting the numbers in...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we ever talked about Jack's tatoo. It looks to me like a military tatoo, like his company tatoo. I wonder if him and Sayid run into eachother, or if Jack will come up later as being there at the same time.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, they looked like the symbols from each of the Dharma sections.

And yes, great acting by Naveed.

Next week should be awesome with Claire remembering things, and taking them to another hatch.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was way off.

Attachments

• S1E01_Jack_Tattoo.jpg
    S1E01_Jack_Tattoo.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you guys noticed it or not, but that was Kate's dad who first tried to get Sayid to question the other captive.

Obviously, when he looked at the photo at the end, it was Kate.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Not sure if any of you guys noticed it or not, but that was Kate's dad who first tried to get Sayid to question the other captive.

Mike

D'oh....missed that.....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Mike

yep - i caught that - it's always interesting to see how all these people lives have intersected in the past and now they are all here. somehow it's all connected because they are all connected.

shawn

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
yep - i caught that - it's always interesting to see how all these people lives have intersected in the past and now they are all here. somehow it's all connected because they are all connected.

shawn

Actually, it was her STEP-dad...but she thought it was her real one...

ALSO,
just an interesting tidbit…Henry Gale is the uncle of Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz…where the Wizard escapes in a balloon….
The captive Sayid was torturing called himself Henry Gale and said he came there in a balloon…

Maybe he read that book on the island and made up the story?

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

Actually, it was her STEP-dad...but she thought it was her real one...

ALSO,
just an interesting tidbit…Henry Gale is the uncle of Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz…where the Wizard escapes in a balloon….
The captive Sayid was torturing called himself Henry Gale and said he came there in a balloon…

Maybe he read that book on the island and made up the story?

well - i think he is definitely an other. that look he had at the end before jack shut the safe said it all - at least to me.

shawn

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
FischerKing said:
well - i think he is definitely an other. that look he had at the end before jack shut the safe said it all - at least to me.

shawn

also, and i know this comes from my basic, third grade, "how to spot a liar" training, but he looked to he left a bunch of times before he would speak. great catch on the wizard of oz thing, mike.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great catches, guys. I loved Sayid in this past episode. I totally think that balloon guy is an other as well. Like Sayid said, you remember the details about losing someone you love.

It seems like everyone is getting back into character now. Sawyer is being a selfish jerk, Sayid is the torturing soldier. Charlie is the dark one. Good stuff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So is Hurley eating Ranch dressing the official reason for him not losing any weight? Seems like a lame reason.

Love the relationships that are developing, especially regarding Charlie, and of course the interesting Hurley/Sawyer connection--hope they expand on the two of them more. Always wanted Hurley to become more involved, after all, he was the originator of the numbers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05