Lost

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
I have a theory. There are 3 groups on the island and then the French Lady. There is the sciencetist group led by Zeke and the man behind the curtain, Jack's group from the plain and then there are real others. I think Zeke's group are watching both groups and removed members to make both sides ever. I also think Zeke's group dresses up to seem like they are others to keep the groups away. I say this because remember when the tailend survivors and the original 3 were coming back they came across some "others" who where all dirty and such and hte one had the dirty teddy bear. My reason for ht theroy is why would Zeke's crew dress up for no reason.

Any thoughts

I think that there are 2 groups of "Others", those who are infected and those that have the vaccine. There are those on the plane who are showing signs of change (Charlie & to a certain extent - Locke), that could be getting "sick".

Or I could be completely wrong.

The Shark

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Other Lost rambles......

Eko did a "confessional" on Ash Wednesday.....

Notice the costumes that Kate found in the bunker? The ones the "Boatbillies/Zeke" wore?

Claire - the mobile above the crib in the other's hideout - the same as in her dreams, made of "Oceanic Airlines" planes.

The song playing from the mobile in the bunker - "Catch A Falling Star" - the same that Claire told the prospective adoptive parents way back when that she would like them to sing.

ya nice catch there

You must be registered for see images

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I think the guy in the cell is "the guy"...

In the flashbacks, you saw Ethan talking to that guy, who was obviously the old man (i forget his name) that Jack, Sawyer and Locke all ran into. I always, ALWAYS thought his beard looked funny...like not real.

Now we know why.

But he mentioned something about "what am I going to tell HIM"...about this.

Maybe it's him they "caught". You can see him planting the seeds....

i dont think so it sounded more and looked more like this guy forgot his name

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Henry Gale actually the Wizard in the The Wizard of Oz? I forget. I suspect there are lots of clues in that movie.

I didn't necessarily believe it when I said proposed that maybe Gale was really who he says--uncle of dorothy. But, I'd be more inclined to believe it if Gale was the Wizard in the book/movie.

In that case, yes, I think the "him" referred to in the psuedo-hospital/nursery would be gale, and he's spoken of with reverence because he's the Wizard...now, is the island Oz? A different, un-mapped, other-wordly land? Maybe Gale is L. Frank Baum (the author of The Wizard of Oz).

I'm only formulating this as I write it....but is there a correlation between the main characters and the characters in the WoOz?

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm only formulating this as I write it....but is there a correlation between the main characters and the characters in the WoOz?

Or just a dream?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't the producers say it was not a dream? And that it wasn't a time warp?

See, episodes like this one are what makes this show great, and get you thinking about all kinds of crazy stuff.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i keep wondering if it is some kind of Truman Showesque type of thing going on - where the Island is a manufactured reality and the "others" are in control and watching and when the want to infiltrate the "Island" they dress up as "natives".

shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
i keep wondering if it is some kind of Truman Showesque type of thing going on - where the Island is a manufactured reality and the "others" are in control and watching and when the want to infiltrate the "Island" they dress up as "natives".

shawn

I think you may be onto something, Shawn. This whole island could be a laboratory, and all the castaways are lab rats. When the experiment appears to go in a direction they don't want it to, they interfere, i.e. taking Walt so they won't sail away on the raft, subtley not letting Jack explore further into the interior of the island.

Of course, the question of why the doctors wanted Claire's baby and Walt (other than preventing the raft escape) still remains. And what is the smoke thing? Once you come up with a possible theory, it never addresses every scenario.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Of course, the question of why the doctors wanted Claire's baby and Walt (other than preventing the raft escape) still remains. And what is the smoke thing? Once you come up with a possible theory, it never addresses every scenario.

And the other children, taken from the survivors of the tail section from their original camp with a reference to "good" people.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the children are taken to "save" them from the ferocities of the interactions of the inhabitants of the island.

In other words, removed from the experiment because they don't want anything to happen to them.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Yes, I'm about to go Others on somebody at ABC.
:thumbup: They really string their viewers along. Either make enough episodes to fill out an entire season or just run with what you have.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another question, on the boat where the others took walt at the end of last season I swear the woman who Hurley has the hots for was on it. Anyone know anything about that? Is sure another infiltrator?

I'm also convinced that guy they have in the hatch is the leader Ethan and the other guy were refering to when they said "he would like it". I think he meant to get caught.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just bought Season 1 on DVD. I've watched the first 2 Pilot episodes. I don't know....maybe it's just me, but it is reminding me of Land of the Lost....but without Sleestacks.

It takes me awhile to get into Shows.....I just recently finished the first two Lord of the Rings movies.....and am actually looking forward to the finish. :thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, a few things:
-Part of Jack's tattoo is the number "5" (forgive me if I'm late to the party on that one)
-Seems like they wanted us to show us the pregnancy test packaging. Maybe the labratory where it was made ("m" something or other--I've forgotten already)
-That guy that plays henry is a great actor for the roll. I don;t know what to think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05