Lost

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
So is Hurley eating Ranch dressing the official reason for him not losing any weight? Seems like a lame reason.

Love the relationships that are developing, especially regarding Charlie, and of course the interesting Hurley/Sawyer connection--hope they expand on the two of them more. Always wanted Hurley to become more involved, after all, he was the originator of the numbers.

He had more food stashed than just Ranch Dressing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
He had more food stashed than just Ranch Dressing.

I know that, Jon. :wave:

It's still a lame excuse--especially with everyone trying to figure out some supernatural reason for it.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I know that, Jon. :wave:

It's still a lame excuse--especially with everyone trying to figure out some supernatural reason for it.

How is it lame? It makes sense, he was hording food...

I've been reading a lot about Lost, I don't know that many people who thought it was a supernatural cause for his weight not being lost...it was just more "WHY isn't he losing weight?"

I thought it was a good reason...although it did feel a bit like they just threw it in there to answer the fans questions :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
How is it lame? It makes sense, he was hording food...

I've been reading a lot about Lost, I don't know that many people who thought it was a supernatural cause for his weight not being lost...it was just more "WHY isn't he losing weight?"

I thought it was a good reason...although it did feel a bit like they just threw it in there to answer the fans questions :)

I agree with the last part of your last sentence, it did just seem thrown in--and I'm not really disappointed or anything about it, it just seemed to be an odd throw-in. And I've read a lot of speculation about it, just commenting about it being a big deal for the fans, but virtually, like you said, a throw-in for the character.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

ALSO,
just an interesting tidbit…Henry Gale is the uncle of Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz…where the Wizard escapes in a balloon….
The captive Sayid was torturing called himself Henry Gale and said he came there in a balloon…

Maybe he read that book on the island and made up the story?
I wonder if he isn't actually Henry Gale, Uncle of Dorothy.

Perposterous? Maybe, but this is Lost we're talking about.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good episode tonight. A few loose ends are starting to come together. Next episode is 3/22 :(

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome episode - we learned a LOT!

So, where did the others go?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the guy in the cell is "the guy"...

In the flashbacks, you saw Ethan talking to that guy, who was obviously the old man (i forget his name) that Jack, Sawyer and Locke all ran into. I always, ALWAYS thought his beard looked funny...like not real.

Now we know why.

But he mentioned something about "what am I going to tell HIM"...about this.

Maybe it's him they "caught". You can see him planting the seeds....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

In the flashbacks, you saw Ethan talking to that guy, who was obviously the old man (i forget his name) that Jack, Sawyer and Locke all ran into. I always, ALWAYS thought his beard looked funny...like not real.

Now we know why.

yeah - i was surprised that Locke got caught up in his little mental game.

shawn

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Chandler Mike said:

Now we know why.

that's what I thought too - kind of like a Verbal/Kaiser Soze dichotomy

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
yeah - i was surprised that Locke got caught up in his little mental game.

shawn

Very surprised on that.

What did Ethan/others do to Claire to make her so friendly to them?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
What was the deal with the scene with Mr Echo and the other guy.

Not sure - that was strange - Eko knows that he is another, and is clearing his concience?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other Lost rambles......

Eko did a "confessional" on Ash Wednesday.....

Notice the costumes that Kate found in the bunker? The ones the "Boatbillies/Zeke" wore?

Claire - the mobile above the crib in the other's hideout - the same as in her dreams, made of "Oceanic Airlines" planes.

The song playing from the mobile in the bunker - "Catch A Falling Star" - the same that Claire told the prospective adoptive parents way back when that she would like them to sing.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Good observations the mobile certainly did look strange.

For me the real question is How big is this island? Really? Rousseau avoids our Survivors for the most part and the Others kidnapped Claire kept her hidden for a while after leading Jack on a merry chase through the jungle but their “secret” lair is less than a day's walk from the beach? I want a map!

Also nagging; the "new" Dharma symbol that looks suspiciously those intertwined snakes that are on medical supplies. And what was up with that little disguise kit that Kate discovered, so the others didn’t escape from the old “Deliverance” movie after all? Or are there other Others and some one is impersonating them?

Thank goodness that Libby was around with her clinical-psychology background to help Claire resolve her amnesia about the two weeks she was missing, in the matter of an instant, which isn’t intended to be as critical as it sounds I know we only get and hour. Did anyone else sort of have a moment of panic that Mr. Eko was going to off himself after his confession to Henry? My sane side knew that it wouldn't happen, but when he took out that massive knife and held it to his throat? Yikes!

I also still don't trust Henry Gale and his whole Wizard of Oz-inspired cover story. His eagerness to drive a wedge between Jack and Locke just further proves to me that he's up to no good and frankly he just creeps me out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's amazing that one show can answer so many questions, but still have so many others. We STILL don't know where Michael is, do we? And what about Walt?

I love how Alex was in Claire's flashback, and the mystery of the Others is even more complicated. Why would the "Others", who appear to now be doctors that were originally on the island, dress up looking like castaways themselves?

Hierglyphics, the prisoner who is an Other, Locke getting sucked in... when will the madness end??

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering how in one month the place where Claire was suddenly has cobwebs, hanging wires, the lights messed up?

Why did they take everything but their costumes?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great episode this week; I was starting to get detached from the show a bit with all the hiatus taking and charlie backstory garbage. Sawyers ep was great and all, but this is really where my interest lies...on the island. First time all the flashbacking was post-crash and I dug it. Fantastic episode and I am excited for the next ep. When is that, next month?

As an aside, every once in a while I'd like to see a view from the people left behind...what is Charlie's family doing? Hurley's family...have they frozen his money? Who has it? What does the world think of Oceanic Air's crash, and not finding the plane? Not for a whole show, but it could be cool to fade in some of that information somehow...it's something I'm a bit curious about.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
Am I the only one wondering how in one month the place where Claire was suddenly has cobwebs, hanging wires, the lights messed up?

Why did they take everything but their costumes?

Very good question - why did they go, and where did they go?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
First time all the flashbacking was post-crash and I dug it.
ditto - loved the post-crash flashback.

D-Dogg said:
As an aside, every once in a while I'd like to see a view from the people left behind...what is Charlie's family doing? Hurley's family...have they frozen his money? Who has it? What does the world think of Oceanic Air's crash, and not finding the plane? Not for a whole show, but it could be cool to fade in some of that information somehow...it's something I'm a bit curious about.

Hadn't thought of that, but that would be very interesting.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I thought the planes on the mobile were identical to the one Kate killed for in the bank vault.

I think it was as well.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a theory. There are 3 groups on the island and then the French Lady. There is the sciencetist group led by Zeke and the man behind the curtain, Jack's group from the plain and then there are real others. I think Zeke's group are watching both groups and removed members to make both sides even. I also think Zeke's group dresses up to seem like they are others to keep the groups away. I say this because of when the tail-end survivors and the original 3 were coming back they came across some "others" who where all dirty and such and the one had the dirty teddy bear. My reason for ht theroy is why would Zeke's crew dress up for no reason.

Any thoughts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05