Lost

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
OK, I've had time to digest. Though some things were answered, I have even more questions.

First, who the hell is Libby? And more important, when she said her husbands name was David, does that mean her husband was Hurely's Dave? Is that why she was in the mental home? Do they share a vision? I don't think she said David died, she just said he got sick..was it mentally sick?

she did say that he had died - right before she told Desmond he could have the boat she said that her husband had been dead for a month now.

shawn

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Anyone see the commercial for this near the end?

http://www.hansocareers.com/?WT_srch=1

I did and meant to check it out, thanks for the reminder. Also did you notice they showed that damn scene again at the beginning where Walt says something nobody can understand? I have not had time to record it and run it through the software, but at this point who cares..this show rules!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
I was just teasing you. Great episode!
I know the tired feeling, I average 4 hours a night sleep (there's a poll)during the weekdays and try to sleep in on the weekends, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I'm a freakin' walking zombie most the time. Yawn...

Yeah, I know. :p I gotta watch it again because I was buzzed up and falling asleep during it. I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff, but I just couldn't wait to watch it.

BTW, your post about sleep made me think of my favorite phrase from high school Spanish: "Yo soy un muerto andando." Literally it means "I am a walking dead person." We used it as a translation for "I'm dead tired."

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
she did say that he had died - right before she told Desmond he could have the boat she said that her husband had been dead for a month now.

shawn

I stand corrected. I missed that, but it still could be the same Dave/David.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
So the question is: How does Penny know Demond is on some island that has an electromagnet that could be detected if it got too powerful.

Well...her father put on the race. Libby gave him the boat. It's not a leap of faith to think that guy is behind this, or part of it.
He and his company is most certainly central to everything, IMO.

But, here's a theory...The guy who found Desmond didn't get back from burying his partner in time and there was a partial system failure (just like the one that caused the plane to crash) that brought Desmond to the Island. I don't think people just stumble upon the island without some sort of catalyst. So, maybe an odd, never been seen before, EM reading was reported as disrupting Desmond's communications (SOS) and Penny knows something of her father's involvement so she knows what to look for?

Still unanswered: No idea what the others are still, or what they want with these people. Where are they taking them?

Nothing about the black cloud either, which is interesting.
Also:
-Why do the Others (the Hostiles) have a Santa list of who's good and who's bad?
-Why do they think they're the "good guys?"
-What's with Walt?
-There are other Q's I havce I just can't remember them right now.

AND OH YES...I think a few months ago, probably in this thread somewhere, I predicted that Henry was their leader...

Ding ding! lol

Proud of that :)
Nice call.

Also, I don't think the look between Kate and Jack was a "knowing" look, I think it was a "I'm sorry" look from Jack and a "your an a-hole for bringing us out here, but I forgive you" look from kate.

Jack's "plan" was for Sayid to have prematurely "sprung" the Others' trap and in doing so catching them by surprise. That went to hell when Michael didn't bring them to the beach camp, but the somewhere else in the interior to spring the trap.

I don't think Michael and Walt are going to get off the Island. I think the EM disruption/failsafe changes the heading course and they'll end up back on the beach.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
No, Penny's dad (Desmonds love interest.)
He is Mr Widmore.

Widmore - Company name seen in Charlie's FB. S2E12 Fire & Water.
The Brand name of the EPT Sawyer gave Sun. S2E16 The Whole Truth.
Widmore Labs was on the basket of Henry Gale's balloon. S2E17 Lockdown
Michael worked for Widmore Construction. (?)

:thud:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, another question---Why did the others rig up a fake hatch and go through the trouble of posting guards when Micheal was around?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just thought of something else.

If Desmond turned off the magnetic thing and they didn't die (Desmond, Echo, Locke) is it the thing that heals? Will Locke lose his ability to walk again? Will Rose's cancer come back?

Also, there is no way Michael gets off the island, either by choice or not.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Desmond girl hired people to find Desmond and the trcking device. I think when he landed on the island the Electro magent disrupted the signal so no one could locate him.

I think when Desmond failed to put the numbers in the field was down temporarily and the guys looking fo rhim got the signal but were not fast enough to pinpoint his location because Desmond punched in the numbers.

So when he shut it down his signal was found again by the guys playing chess and it stayed there long enough for them t pinpoint his location.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Oh, another question---Why did the others rig up a fake hatch and go through the trouble of posting guards when Micheal was around?

or where fake beards, clothes. I thought at first it was to fool Micheal in case he didn't do what he was told, but since he took them somewhere else entirely to get caught, I just don't know.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I think Desmond girl hired people to find Desmond and the trcking device. I think when he landed on the island the Electro magent disrupted the signal so no one could locate him.

I think when Desmond failed to put the numbers in the field was down temporarily and the guys looking fo rhim got the signal but were not fast enough to pinpoint his location because Desmond punched in the numbers.

So when he shut it down his signal was found again by the guys playing chess and it stayed there long enough for them t pinpoint his location.

Good theory, where is the tracking device? On the boat?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KloD said:
Good theory, where is the tracking device? On the boat?

The book I think.

Also, this is supported by the guy saying, "OMG we missed it again" meaning when Desmond failed to punch in the numbers they didnt get his signal locked and Desmond punched in the numbers making them lose the signal again.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
The book I think.

Also, this is supported by the guy saying, "OMG we missed it again" meaning when Desmond failed to punch in the numbers they didnt get his signal locked and Desmond punched in the numbers making them lose the signal again.
I really don't think there is something on that book...or else they'd know right where he is right now! The book is there...in the hatch. Plus, there would have been no reason for her to track him just leaving on a trip around the world I dont' think.

I think this girl has money, and knows her dad, and has had 3 years to put two and two together...somehow, she's figured something out and is looking for something out there.

And last night, she got it. Now, they have to find the location of that pulse and get there...

Wonder if they will even show up next season at all.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I really don't think there is something on that book...or else they'd know right where he is right now! .
How would they know if the electro magnet supressed the signal? It wouldnt show unless the numbers ran out or it was shut down which is what happened when the signal came back.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
How would they know if the electro magnet supressed the signal? It wouldnt show unless the numbers ran out or it was shut down which is what happened when the signal came back.

All I know is that the monitor that was at the end of the episode said "Electromagnetic Anomaly Detected"....so that is what they are looking for, not a tracking device.

But hey, who knows?

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

My only challenge to this theory is when Desmond didn't get the numbers pushed in time it didn't shut off the magnet, it made it stronger. Therefore, how could they have seen the signal then if it was blocked when the magnet was "controled"? Also, I don't think it's the book, I think if they are tracking a signal it's on the boat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
Whatever. I have no clue what is going on anymore.

Kind of a ditto, the first hour to 90 minutes was really cool but the last 15 minutes or so left me asking again, do they have any intention of ever pulling things together or are they going to keep throwing out totally new tangents to keep you guessing?

Too many questions, how does Desmond's woman know to look for high electro magnetic activity to find him? Is her dad behind what's going on with the island? Will another plane crash there now that the system failure happened again? If the electro magnetic field is what caused Desmond to sail in a circle back to the island, how are Michael and Walt going to get anywhere going at a 325 compass heading? How much range can that small boat possibly have anyways, can't hold that much gas, 150-200 miles worth tops, so they have to be going to a nearby island(couldn't take that boat too far offshore safely anyways). Where are Jin and Sun and Sayid, presumably they'll help rescue Jack and company. Why did they ask for Hurley to come along and then let him go, was he solely there to go back and warn everyone else?

I liked it but I have to admit like with Alias a few years ago I'm getting really tired of them just throwing out more and more stuff when they haven't explained the old stuff.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is crazy. I think I will have to watch the finale a couple more times to get it all. This is also the first episode I have ever watched by myself, so I am sure that is part of my overall cloudiness. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
When Desmond is looking through the log and discovers he brought down the plane, why didn't Michaels conversation on the computer show up when everything else input seemed to be in the print out? What the heck did the magnet serve, what was its purpose?

So many more questions....

Yep I was wondering about Michael's conversation too. The other thing, is, Desmond was in the hatch 3 years pushing the button every 108 minutes, who knows how long Clancy Brown was doing it prior to that. How freaking long is that printout going to be, did Locke have the whole thing or did he just happen to keep the section that had the system failure that crashed their plane?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Kind of a ditto, the first hour to 90 minutes was really cool but the last 15 minutes or so left me asking again, do they have any intention of ever pulling things together or are they going to keep throwing out totally new tangents to keep you guessing?

Too many questions, how does Desmond's woman know to look for high electro magnetic activity to find him? Is her dad behind what's going on with the island? Will another plane crash there now that the system failure happened again? If the electro magnetic field is what caused Desmond to sail in a circle back to the island, how are Michael and Walt going to get anywhere going at a 325 compass heading? How much range can that small boat possibly have anyways, can't hold that much gas, 150-200 miles worth tops, so they have to be going to a nearby island(couldn't take that boat too far offshore safely anyways). Where are Jin and Sun and Sayid, presumably they'll help rescue Jack and company. Why did they ask for Hurley to come along and then let him go, was he solely there to go back and warn everyone else?

I liked it but I have to admit like with Alias a few years ago I'm getting really tired of them just throwing out more and more stuff when they haven't explained the old stuff.

See, I don't get that vibe at all.

The fact that they showed someone OFF the island looking for the island means there is an end game...at least to me.

I mean, once someone from the outside world finds it and can get there, maybe there will be an ending. Maybe she knows what's going on and will put an end to it?

Sure, lots of questions still, but also, a hint at an ending...which was perfect.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
See, I don't get that vibe at all.

The fact that they showed someone OFF the island looking for the island means there is an end game...at least to me.

I mean, once someone from the outside world finds it and can get there, maybe there will be an ending. Maybe she knows what's going on and will put an end to it?

Sure, lots of questions still, but also, a hint at an ending...which was perfect.

Sure I can see that but when you look at all the strange mysteries on the island, who are the others, what is the monster/sentry/smoke thing, what is Dharma, how did Ecko's brothers plane wind up there, how did the Black Rock ship end up there, who is Russo and why was she there and on and on, telling me that someone out there is looking for Desmond doesn't answer much.

I liked that they tied Desmond into the whole story I really like his character, but if she is detecting EM activity on that island I have to wonder where are all the military people in the closest countries nearby? Surely they'd pick that up too. If she has enough money to track him that way surely a lot of other people would have seen the same EM spike. And what the heck do the numbers have to do with it all, was the guy in the hospital with Hurley formerly on the island pushing the button and that's why the numbers are burned into his brain? if so, how did he get off?

I still like the show a lot but I just get the impression that JJ is spending too much time trying to keep us all guessing instead of getting to a plausible conclusion that explains everything.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn't henry say that even if michael came back it would be too late?

i have this last episode tivo'd - i'll have to watch it a few more times...

shawn

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the show is selling commercials like crazy, they'll keep the show going. Which means they need to keep coming up with new angles.

Once the show's end is announced, you can bet they'll start wrapping it up. But, in the mean time, why kill you cash cow?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
As long as the show is selling commercials like crazy, they'll keep the show going. Which means they need to keep coming up with new angles.

Once the show's end is announced, you can bet they'll start wrapping it up. But, in the mean time, why kill you cash cow?

I guess I have this fear of them going Alias or to really show my age going "V" on us. V was a miniseries in the 80's I think where Aliens came down and tried to take over the earth. They looked human but were reptilian they had a famous scene where one of them eats a live rat that I'll always remember. The series was so popular, they made it into a weekly show. The problem is in an effort to keep the show going so they stayed on the air, they started throwing out wild tangents, the show got ridiculous. There was some of the worst stuff in history on that show, characters died and weeks later were back alive with no explanation(Because they fired writers and hired new ones trying to resurrect the show). The show just completely died I don't think they ever remotely got close to ending it. It went from one of the most popular shows on tv at the time to a show people joked about.

Alias didn't go that badly IMHO they had a combination of an ever increasingly convoluted plot, and a situation where a key actress, Garner, got into movies, got pregnant, and forced the show into a long hiatus that lost much of its fan base. But Alias was spinning out of control before that her absence just exacerbated the problem.

Lost is nowhere near that yet but I gotta wonder how long will people wait for answers that never seem to come before the ratings start to decline?

Not saying I won't be watching next season or that it's not still my favorite show, it is, I just am getting a bit tired of the excess. If you've ever read the long version of the Stand you might understand, there are so many characters and so much back story and side story etc that it gets incredibly hard to follow. Lost is kind of getting to be like that, you almost need a reference binder of information so that you can remember hey Clancy Brown was in the backstory of Sayid torturing in Iraq.

Oh well, off my pedestal, still easily the most creative show on in years but I really hope after 2 seasons of insisting he's not going to go Twin Peaks on us, I really hope JJ is telling the truth.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I guess I have this fear of them going Alias or to really show my age going "V" on us. V was a miniseries in the 80's I think where Aliens came down and tried to take over the earth. They looked human but were reptilian they had a famous scene where one of them eats a live rat that I'll always remember.
V was great! (the mini series...I don't remember the regular series)

Remember "The Martian Chronicals" based on ...crap I forget the famous sci fi writer that did that one...I know it.....wait for it....nope. Anyway, I remember that one freaked me out as a kid--I don't even remember the specifics except for some sort of desert sail boat, I just know I was freeaaaked.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05