Lost

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
yep I wondered that too, why have a sequence, and not just a big red button you push every 108 minutes?

Like this one Russ?

You must be registered for see images

;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
Like this one Russ?

You must be registered for see images

;)

Yes.

Although big red buttons scare the crap out of me. True story, in our old building we were having a UPS installed in the computer room and one of the apprentice electricians on the job hit the red EPO(emergency power off) button and asked "what's this for?" I about crapped my pants since the whole purpose of the UPS is so in a power failure, the IT guys can keep up critical stuff as long as possible, and shut it down gracefully. So having someone turn off all the power in the whole room BEFORE the UPS was installed was pretty brutal. It had a plexiglass case around it to prevent that, but I'd taken the case off the wall earlier that day since the UPS install meant the EPO was now going to be disconnected, so when he hit it, everything went off.

that and having the fire alarm go off at noon with the alarm company and the city fire inspector onsite(inspecting our system) are the 2 biggest "oh crap" moments in my so called career.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
But that was to get Desmond so he could have been wearing the suit just to scare Desmond.

Fair enough...I'd buy that. But that opens a question...IS there a sickness? I'd be inclined to say no, but Russeau killed all her party because of them showing signs of the sickness. The Others seem to think they have to take the vaccine, or at least the baby did (unless that was an elaborate ruse on their part).

When that scene started I thought there was more than one guy in a suit but maybe that was because Desmond's vision wasn't clear?

I did too, but the more I thought about it the more I felt it was blurry brutha vision.

Considering I originally was unhappy with the finale I have to admit I'm still thinking about it so it was clearly pretty damn good.

I loved it right away, and it's only getting better upon reflection. Lost is an incredible show in that I think about it at random times...after it's aired of course, but even on a Saturday something will pop in my head about the show. It sticks in my head like glue, and all the online and external stuff they are doing make it so compelling to participate in. You don't watch Lost, you participate in the mystery and mystique of it all.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BillsCarnage said:
w/o digging through 109 pgs has anyone mentioned the argos satellite?

http://www.uen.org/swan/argos.html

Magnetic field.. Satellites keeping the earth in orbit aroudn the Sun... Button not pressed satellites fall and earth spins wildly through space..

That is just too damn awesome to not be a connection there. Holy crap. The button...Swan Station...108 minutes.

This has to be something. Nice find....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just watched the "bird" scene again. The bird DEFINITELY says huuurleeey not once, but twice. Once as it starts to descend, and once as it goes off screen.

As an aside, from thefuselage.com, people said there was a thread about a bird in a previous ep that a lot of people thought said Hurley's name as well. This is either a shout out (the site is run by JJ Abrams' team) or something more. But there is no doubt that bird said Hurley twice. Sawyer just didn't hear it...and got to give yet another great line. I heart Sawyer.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, let's add...why was Brutha in prison to begin with?

Brutha is my favorite character next to Sawyer...he's awesome. I so hope he lives, Bruuuthaaa!

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on one of you with an HD recording, let a brutha know if the others have 4 or 5 toes? Help a brutha out!
You must be registered for see images attach

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!

Finally got to watch the episode - amazing. Will let it digest and post more on it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say...I definitely think that Jack nodded to Kate like a signal there at the end, and something is going to happen when we see the first episode of next season.

My wife and I re-watched it...it doesn't look like he's apologizing...it looks like a signal.

And when Sawyer asked Jack what his plan was...we never heard.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I have to say...I definitely think that Jack nodded to Kate like a signal there at the end, and something is going to happen when we see the first episode of next season.

My wife and I re-watched it...it doesn't look like he's apologizing...it looks like a signal.

And when Sawyer asked Jack what his plan was...we never heard.

I gotta disagree. Maybe I'm off base here, but I thought we did hear the plan when he and Sayid discussed it. Remember when Jack freaked out that the smoke signal was so far away and realized Michael was not taking them to the camp. Sayid also seemed to be freaked out that the camp was staged and was at a lose for what to do so they just sat there.

I don't know, I still can't believe Jack couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's from the scene wherelocke was teaching Walt how to throw knives in season 1.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KloD said:
Oh yeah, we now know when the plane crashed: September 22, 2004.

Desmond was there since 2001.

which means that he and jack would have met prior to that time...

shawn

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched the Hugh McIntyre interview on Jimmy Kimmel. He said they Hanso foundation dropped the Dharma Initiative in 1987.

Here's the interview: Link

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally watched this yesterday. I was really unimpressed with the finale I must say. I am really hoping that Desmond, Locke, and Echo are not dead. Locke = Favorite character!

Im not to enthused that they are openly saying that there is going to be a bigger focus on love in the 3rd season. If they overdo that it would really turn me off to the show.