Lost

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 3.01: A Tale of Two Cities (Jack-centric)
Airdate: October 4, 2006

09/11 - [The first episode is Jack-centric not Kate-centric.] We'll see more of why he feels so guilty about his dad. Jack is in a glass enclosure, and will be interacting a lot with a character we haven't yet seen. Kate is in an examining room, and will be interacting with a character we know! Source: Kristin on E!Online
08/29 - Expanding on the 08/19 spoilers posted below on the Jack's flashback with the choking girl in the park: Also in that scene, Sarah is talking to a male teacher who may be more than a friend, and a little girl (the choking girl?) ends the scene by telling Jack not to trust Sarah. Source: The Transmission
08/24 - [During the Season 2 DVD Launch Party,] Matthew Fox was on set shooting flashback scenes with Julie Bowen (who plays Jack's wife, Sarah). Source: USA Today
08/19 - According to pictures that leaked on the net, there will be a flashback where Jack performs the Heimlich manoeuvre on a little blond girl in a park. Source: Dryope [Note: This flashback was surely shot out of order to accommodate Matthew Fox who is rumored to have asked time off (to shoot another movie?).]
08/18 - Jack was just shooting a flashback all decked out in his hospital scrubs. Kate will be making a choice in the first six episodes. Jack is inside something you’d find in a science class. Kate is on something we’ve seen before. And Sawyer is surrounded by something through which he shares a connection with Jack’s father. Source: Kristin on E!Online
07/29 - This episode will be Kate-centric and have flashbacks featuring a 60-year-old motherly, warm, and funny woman as well as handsome twenty-year-old Karl. Source: SpoilerFix.com [Note: The role of Amelia, posted in the General Season 3 spoilers on July 14, may now be part of the episode's flashback. This flashback is either for Jack or it is for Kate and will be part of a later episode.]
07/21 - During an interview Carlton Cuse revealed: We pick up where we left off, but obviously there are different stories on different parts of the island, and, you know, we will get to all of them in the first few episodes. But like last year, we didn't deal with the raft survivors in the first episode. Not everything is going to be answered in the first episode. But the captivity story [with Jack, Kate and Sawyer] will definitely be addressed. Source: The Ausiello Report

Episode 3.02: Further Instructions (Claire-centric)
Airdate: October 11, 2006

08/17 - The flashbacks also features Eddie, a sweet but torn caucasian male in his 20s. There will also be a trooper in his 30s. Source: SpoilerFix.com
08/09 - It's Claire-centric and her flashback features Mike and Jan, a hippie-ish couple in their 50's. They are warm and kind, but also tough and protective when the situation calls for it. Source: secretagentman @ TWOP

Episode 3.03: The Glass Ballerina (Sun/Jin(?)-centric)
Airdate: October 18, 2006

08/30 - Colleen is set to have been a security officer when she was off the island. Source: SpoilerFix.com
08/29 - New character introduced in #303. Will recur. 'Colleen', late 30's, tough, obvious military training. Doesn't flinch when a gun is shoved in her face. Trusts few people on the island and only allows herself to be emotionally vulnerable in front of her significant other. Source: secretagentman @ TWOP
08/18 - Sun has a dream of her future, featuring her 9-year-old daughter. Source: secretagentman @ TWOP

Episode 3.04: Every Man For Himself (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: October 25, 2006

09/07 - Amongst Desmond's flashbacks, we will see his best friend in prison, Stuckey Chavez. The latter is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is always appraised of prison gossip. Source: SpoilerFix.com
08/22 - [This] Desmond-centric [episode features] flashbacks of his time in prison. It features Warden Harris, a nasty man with a hate for Desmond. [The episode also features] 'Munson', a mild-mannered gov't bureaucrat in his 30's who shows his dark side when he finds out he has been betrayed by his wife. Source: secretagentman @ TWOP

Episode 3.05: The Cost of Living (Eko-centric)
Airdate: November 1, 2006

09/06 - This Eko-centric episode will feature a Nigerian woman named Amadi who is intuitive and strong and has a son, a violent warlord named Azi, and a sweet altar boy named Daniel. Source: SpoilerFix.com

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
My wife and I are playing catch up since season 2 came out on the 5th. We hadn't watched it on TV. We start season 2 disc 3 tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just finished Season 2 again, and there were a few more interesting questions that came up, but nothing really earth-shattering...
1) The obvious questions are regarding Jack, Kate and Sawyer and of course Eko and Locke.

2) Watching it again, I still can't figure out why Charlie acts the way he does after the explosion. He comes staggering out of the jungle and asks, "Wha? They're not back yet?" I know the show has a lot of mystery with it, but that probably is the one thing in the past 2 years that makes the least sense.

3) If Ana Lucia shot Shannon on the 48th day since the crash, then Season 1 was about 45 days, give or take. Desmond says he was on the boat for about 2 1/2 weeks, so I figure Season 2 probably lasted just under 20 days. Given that, isn't it really, really strange that Claire kisses Charlie in the final ep of the season, considering he was REALLY hated just a few days earlier? I guess the fact that I've been watching the episodes back-to-back over a short period of time amplifies that fact.

4) Just a bit of trivia I've wondered about... In the show, there are 2 people who have an article in front of their name: Mr. Eko and Ms. Clugh (although her "real" name is revealed in the finale). Think there is a relation between the two? I know it's reaching, but I found it odd.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Okay I'm not completely done with season two but the scene with Echo and Charlie going to the plane. When Echo confronts the smoke it has a mechanical sound.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so it may have come up but does anyone think the smoke is actually nanobots?

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
Okay I'm not completely done with season two but the scene with Echo and Charlie going to the plane. When Echo confronts the smoke it has a mechanical sound.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so it may have come up but does anyone think the smoke is actually nanobots?

Supposedly the producers have said the cloud is not nanobots...but who knows.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good news?

Just read in TV Guide that Lost will basically be presented in 2 "chapters", 6 consecutive episodes starting October 4th, then it goes on hiatus until February, when it starts a consecutive 16 episodes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
From the same issue: (MAJOR Spoiler alert)

The writers will tone down the mythology and up the action-adventure (like Season 1, I would guess). The premiere, cowritten by cocreator JJ Abrams, will focus on Jack, Kate and Sawyer who are being held seperately in varying degrees of (dis)comfort. Likewise, Desmond, Eko and Locke initially "are not together," exec producer Damon Lindelof says. You heard it here first: Desmond's reappearance is a real eye-opener.

It also says that Kate will finally choose Jack or Sawyer within the first 6 eps. It also says to expect a major bombshell that will change the series...

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Good news?

Just read in TV Guide that Lost will basically be presented in 2 "chapters", 6 consecutive episodes starting October 4th, then it goes on hiatus until February, when it starts a consecutive 16 episodes.

THat's a change from the supposed three episode segments that they were originally going to do.

I'll bet if the above is true, then that 6th episode is the BIG one they keep talking about, so it will be like a mid-season cliffhanger...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
THat's a change from the supposed three episode segments that they were originally going to do.

I'll bet if the above is true, then that 6th episode is the BIG one they keep talking about, so it will be like a mid-season cliffhanger...

Yeah, most definitely. It will almost be like a season finale, since there is a long 2 month gap between it and the next episode.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Jersey Girl said:
Welcome aboard!

Thanks, I think I can finally stop watching so many stupid movies now. I’m cranking out The Office right now and Lost will take a long time, depending on how fast Blockbuster can get me the DVDs.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just started episode #1. Wow, this show looks intense. I don’t really watch any tv shows that I haven’t DVR’d, so I don’t see commercials. I didn’t even know what this show was about before I started watching today. I guess an airplane has crashed on an island and they have to find a way to survive? I only watched about 10 minutes of it, but it looked very intense.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I just started episode #1. Wow, this show looks intense. I don’t really watch any tv shows that I haven’t DVR’d, so I don’t see commercials. I didn’t even know what this show was about before I started watching today. I guess an airplane has crashed on an island and they have to find a way to survive? I only watched about 10 minutes of it, but it looked very intense.

Good Lord I wish I was in your shoes and able to watch it all over again without knowing anything.

You are in for an amazing treat...if you like this kind of show.

You have no idea what you are in for.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Good Lord I wish I was in your shoes and able to watch it all over again without knowing anything.

You are in for an amazing treat...if you like this kind of show.

You have no idea what you are in for.

Amen to that... :thumbup:

Luckily, the show is rewatchable...

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Amen to that... :thumbup:

Luckily, the show is rewatchable...

I have a hard time doing that with this show once I've seen what happens actually...but I never have really tried.

Although I did watch the opening to Season 2 about 50 times before we finally deleted it.

I still say, hands down, one of the best openings to a season premier ever.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I have a hard time doing that with this show once I've seen what happens actually...but I never have really tried.

Although I did watch the opening to Season 2 about 50 times before we finally deleted it.

I still say, hands down, one of the best openings to a season premier ever.

I just finished watching both seasons on DVD in the space of about 2 1/2 weeks. That's a lot of Lost in a short period of time. The great thing is not having to wait between episodes.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I just finished watching both seasons on DVD in the space of about 2 1/2 weeks. That's a lot of Lost in a short period of time. The great thing is not having to wait between episodes.
It is fun to watch a bunch of episodes in a row, but it is a million times better when you haven't seen them before. I have been half heartedly thinking about not watching the first six episodes of S3 Lost until all of them have aired, but I don't think I have the self control to do that.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
It is fun to watch a bunch of episodes in a row, but it is a million times better when you haven't seen them before. I have been half heartedly thinking about not watching the first six episodes of S3 Lost until all of them have aired, but I don't think I have the self control to do that.

I feel the same way. As soon as I read Chap's post about the two-month break after the first six episodes that thought crossed my mind. I just know there's no way I would be able to do it. I can't wait for October 4 to get here.

Badabing, I'm really jealous. You'll have a blast with this show.

Joe

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I’ve made it through 3 episodes now. Holy crow, this show is intense. I love how they keep flashing back, so you slowly begin to learn about their backgrounds.

I’m going to cautiously start reading through this thread from the beginning. I definitely don’t want to read too much and spoil something. I’ll have to stop reading the new posts once S3 begins.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
easily one of the better shows on right now with a high re-watchability factor. welcome to the club. and just so you know - there is no self-help program to get off this stuff - once you're on - you're on for good.

shawn

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05