Lost

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hurley was spending a lot of time going around asking everyone’s name and info. Jack told him that it would be much easier to just get the manifest instead, because they had crossed off the dead when they burned them. Maybe I misinterpreted something, but that’s what I heard.

Hurley knew that there were 46 people not crossed off the list, but during his interviews he had 47 people on his manual list. That’s when they started freaking out about the extra person.

Hmm, I don't remember it that way. Not to give you a spoiler or anything, but that doesn't make any sense given the way the show goes. Sorry if that's a spoiler.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
What do you mean? His name wasn't on the manifest. An even better question is why did Ethan not try to find out a name on the plane and just use that instead of Ethan. My only guess is that he didn't expect anyone to have the manifest.

What I meant was, wouldn't most people think that someone lied about their name? If they didn't know how many people died, they wouldn't know how many people were still alive. They made a big issue about there being an extra person in their count.

However, I don't want to learn any more than I already know, so I should probably not think about this anymore.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What I meant was, wouldn't most people think that someone lied about their name? If they didn't know how many people died, they wouldn't know how many people were still alive. They made a big issue about there being an extra person in their count.

However, I don't want to learn any more than I already know, so I should probably not think about this anymore.

WHY would he lie about his name? That's a red flag already. And it's not like anybody on the plane knew everybody else. It all went back to 47 survivors, but only 46 of them are on the manifest. If Ethan had given one of the names of the dead, then there probably wouldn't be any problem.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, watching Lost for the first time....

enjoy the ride...quite an awesome experience.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
WHY would he lie about his name? That's a red flag already. And it's not like anybody on the plane knew everybody else. It all went back to 47 survivors, but only 46 of them are on the manifest. If Ethan had given one of the names of the dead, then there probably wouldn't be any problem.

If someone here has the DVD’s, it would be cool if they would rewatch the specific part when Hurley was collecting the names and prove me wrong. I thought for sure that someone told Hurley that they crossed off the names of the dead.

Several people have been giving false names. Hurley is actually Hugo or something, Kate was called Maggie in her flashback, Sawyer is using a false name.

I’ve just been thinking about this show wayyyy too much. I wouldn’t recommend watching 12 episodes in less than a week, it starts to mess with your mind. :shock:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
On a side note, I was just thinking during the last episode that the dog must be having the time of his life. He’s totally oblivious to what’s going on and he gets to run wild on an island. I really hope nothing bad happens to the dog.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s totally oblivious to what’s going on.

Hold that thought.......

(and no, that is not really a spoiler, just more an observation - the rest of us are as clueless about Vincent's role in all of this as you).

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Hold that thought.......

(and no, that is not really a spoiler, just more an observation - the rest of us are as clueless about Vincent's role in all of this as you).

Wow. Thanks, I’ll pay more attention to the dog now. I was pretty happy when they found him early on because my older yellow lab looks just like him.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
No, Hurley got everyone's names who was alive, compared it to the manifest, not the other way around. There was no conceivable way for him to identify every body--remember the entire tail section of the plane came away, and you gotta think that people fell into the ocean and were lost at sea.

Only when comparing the list he made of the survivors did he notice that Ethan Rom was not on the manifest.

Luckily I hadn't sent back the dvd yet, so I rewatched this part.

It was Boone that said this to Hurley. He said "You know, your life would be much easier if you just had the manifest, because we crossed off all the names of the dead after we burned the fuselage. So, there should be a full roster of the rest of us."

I know what you mean though, it seems like it would be almost impossible to identify all of the dead.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve just been thinking about this show wayyyy too much. I wouldn’t recommend watching 12 episodes in less than a week, it starts to mess with your mind. :shock:

Oh, this show will mess with your mind even when you watch just one episode a week, lol! I think this thread is proof of that!!!

Premier is getting closer! :)

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got some friends together and we are having a LOST season opener party tomorrow night. It should be fun. I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

Woot!

shawn

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got some friends together and we are having a LOST season opener party tomorrow night. It should be fun. I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

Woot!

shawn

"Guess mine got lost."

(for Jenna)

We're having one too.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would have invited you mike - but i thought you might be travelling in Uganda or some place exotic like that. :D

shawn

The Alps this year probably...and when you have your Oscar party, I think I'll be in Paraguay...

Mike

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I have now read up to about post #300. I just finished off episode #16. I just about fell off the treadmill last night when the “beast” jumped out of the bushes and started chasing Shannon and Boone. (I’m glad that I finally learned why Boone and Shannon have different last names, I had looked at the cast at IMDB and this was very puzzling.)

I think I get the dog hint now. That’s pretty interesting.

I love Sawyer’s nicknames, they really crack me up.

I really want to know what the deal is with Hurley. I haven’t learned his story yet and he seems to be the guy that talks to everyone.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurley's episode in the season 1 is probably my favorite all-time. Well, at least if in the top 3.

Joe

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Hurley's episode in the season 1 is probably my favorite all-time. Well, at least if in the top 3.

Joe

Damn, I can't wait. I don't know how you guys make it through the commercial breaks, much less the entire week. I just had to wait 4 days for my next 4 episodes of Lost and I was having withdrawals. I was actually starting to dream about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05