Lost

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Are you through season-1, yet, BadaBing?

I wish. I finished off episode 4 though. It was very cool how we learned about Locke via the flashback. I remember him acting strange when he woke up, but I thought he was just dazed from the crash.

I’m using Blockbuster On-line to get the DVD’s and I’m also using it for Freaks & Geeks, so it’s going to take a while. It’s really hard not to read farther through this thread though. Luckily everyone has labeled the spoilers really well.

I’m dying to know what the deal is with the beast in the bushes (if it is indeed real) and the 16 year-old radio message.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I wish. I finished off episode 4 though. It was very cool how we learned about Locke via the flashback. I remember him acting strange when he woke up, but I thought he was just dazed from the crash.

I’m using Blockbuster On-line to get the DVD’s and I’m also using it for Freaks & Geeks, so it’s going to take a while. It’s really hard not to read farther through this thread though. Luckily everyone has labeled the spoilers really well.

I’m dying to know what the deal is with the beast in the bushes (if it is indeed real) and the 16 year-old radio message.

: patsbadaonthehead:

they're so cute when they're young!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I feel like Karate Kid. You guys have all this knowledge that I’m dying to know, but I need to have patience and learn it myself.

Luckily Blockbuster just shipped out disk two.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I missed the final 6 episodes of last season and ordered the final two disks from Netflix. I ended up watching all 6 episodes of the last two nights.

Wow. I was starting to get burned out on Lost and I must say things picked up after I stopped watching it.

Spoilers:

I'm totally shocked that Michael ended up killing the girls in the hatch. No way I saw that coming. All I can say is that was Intense! I'm kind of glad I was able to watch all six episodes in a row because the suspense would have killed me.

Can't wait to see what happens to Jack, Kate and Sawyer!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I really need to watch last night's S2 recap. I forgot so much of Desperate Housewives and dont want to be like that with Lost.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Lost' Star Charges Dropped

British Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is celebrating after charges of driving without a license were dropped by Hawaii police. The actor, who was arrested earlier this month, on Tuesday managed to prove he had the correct documentation after all. Following his arrest, he spent six hours in jail before being released on $500 bail. Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Mr. Eko in the hit drama, is not the only Lost star to be arrested for traffic violations: in December, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for drunk driving. Both pleaded guilty.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Also - Ethan said his last name was Rom - R-O-M.

The psychic told Claire not to let her baby be raised by another (or was it by an "Other"

Ethan Rom = Other Man

Wow. I just watched this one. Hurley made it a point to have Ethan spell his last name.

This one actually game me chills. I can't believe how long this thread is. I'll have to stop reading now though, I don't want to spoil anything.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I just watched this one. Hurley made it a point to have Ethan spell his last name.

This one actually game me chills. I can't believe how long this thread is. I'll have to stop reading now though, I don't want to spoil anything.

Awwww, our little boy is growing up before our eyes.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I knew something was up with that guy as soon as I saw him. I recognized him because he was in Without Limits back in 98. The way he was reacting just gave it away that he wasn’t just an ordinary fellow. However, I didn’t expect him to be so evil. I’m still not sure if he was on the plane or not though. They are acting like he was already on the island, but I’m not so sure.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I was totally thinking last night "damn, she is HOT!" I would pay obscene amounts of money to be that hot!

But I digress. I think part of the reason no one was looking for Claire was because they needed to move everything in because of the high tide and perhaps Charlie realized that Locke was still looking for her. Agree about the gun thing. Why not go out and look for her then? I mean, hell, I'd want someone looking for me!

Was surprised about Kate's past. She seems like she was very manipulative in her past, but is she that way now? Who knows? I also agree that we don't know if it was the plane in the safety deposit box or not. Did seem weird that she was so obsessed with it all. I want to know more.

I didn't realize that the Asian woman was still pretending like she didn't speak English. Am wondering how her overhearing the conversation with Kate and the doc will work in.

Locke is getting weird. Wonder what they found and why he clocks hot young guy over the head in the next episode.

Looks like hot young chick and Said will hook up soon. Good for them. Everyone needs a little action.

I just watched episode 12 (Whatever The Case May Be). I’ve read 250 posts on this thread now, only about 1,500 more to go. :eek:

One thing that I didn’t understand in this one was when Sawyer and Kate found the bodies in the water (when they found the case). I thought that they identified all of the bodies and crossed them off of the manifest and that this is how they determined that there was an extra person that wasn’t on the flight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just watched episode 12 (Whatever The Case May Be). I’ve read 250 posts on this thread now, only about 1,500 more to go. :eek:

One thing that I didn’t understand in this one was when Sawyer and Kate found the bodies in the water (when they found the case). I thought that they identified all of the bodies and crossed them off of the manifest and that this is how they determined that there was an extra person that wasn’t on the flight.

No, Hurley got everyone's names who was alive, compared it to the manifest, not the other way around. There was no conceivable way for him to identify every body--remember the entire tail section of the plane came away, and you gotta think that people fell into the ocean and were lost at sea.

Only when comparing the list he made of the survivors did he notice that Ethan Rom was not on the manifest.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
No, Hurley got everyone's names who was alive, compared it to the manifest, not the other way around. There was no conceivable way for him to identify every body--remember the entire tail section of the plane came away, and you gotta think that people fell into the ocean and were lost at sea.

Only when comparing the list he made of the survivors did he notice that Ethan Rom was not on the manifest.

But how did they know that Ethan didn't just use a different name? I thought for sure that Jack told Hurley that they had crossed off the names of everyone that was dead and that he should go get the manifest from Sawyer because it listed the remaining survivors.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to rewatch this whole series some day.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
But how did they know that Ethan didn't just use a different name? I thought for sure that Jack told Hurley that they had crossed off the names of everyone that was dead and that he should go get the manifest from Sawyer because it listed the remaining survivors.

I think you are incorrect. Hurley wanted to take a census and used the manifest to cross-reference them. He got everyone's names and crossed them off the manifest--only then could he determine who died. Ethan's name wasn't on the manifest, so it shows that he didn't belong there. I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence:

But how did they know that Ethan didn't just use a different name?

What do you mean? His name wasn't on the manifest. An even better question is why did Ethan not try to find out a name on the plane and just use that instead of Ethan. My only guess is that he didn't expect anyone to have the manifest.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Hurley was spending a lot of time going around asking everyone’s name and info. Jack told him that it would be much easier to just get the manifest instead, because they had crossed off the dead when they burned them. Maybe I misinterpreted something, but that’s what I heard.

Hurley knew that there were 46 people not crossed off the list, but during his interviews he had 47 people on his manual list. That’s when they started freaking out about the extra person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05