Lost

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, I can't wait. I don't know how you guys make it through the commercial breaks, much less the entire week. I just had to wait 4 days for my next 4 episodes of Lost and I was having withdrawals. I was actually starting to dream about it.

We DVR it and fast forward through commercials. The only way to watch. ;)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We DVR it and fast forward through commercials. The only way to watch. ;)

Absolutely. Whenever I’m getting ready to watch a basketball or football game I put the DVR on pause and then go play a few games of pool or something for an hour. I normally “catch-up” near the end of the game and it is much more fun to watch without the long commercial pauses.

I’m up to post #375 now. 6 more episodes to watch to finish off season one. This show is pretty awesome.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Bada, you are crushing Season 1.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll pick up the pace a bit now that Freaks & Geeks has been cranked out.

Nice. I think I am going to start F&G this weekend, after I get through Heroes (x2), Six Degrees (x2) and Thank You For Smoking.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I read in a lot of places that people having problems with the big break between new episodes, how frustrating it is that it's taking them so long to uncover that hatch, etc.

I think the genius of the show is that's it's slow and steady...it's so cool that it's taking this long for things to happen...

Tell me this...would that light coming on have been as chilling or awesome if it hadn't been slowly unvieled?

I mean, that light coming on was just outright, downright spine-tingling awesome...

Depending on what happens, that has to be one of the top moments in TV this season...I mean damn...

Mike

Holy Crow, the intensity of this show has risen to a new level. I just cranked out another episode, my reading of this thread is now up to #420 (still a longggg way to go, but I must say that it's pretty darn fun). I can’t wait to find out about the light.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Crow, the intensity of this show has risen to a new level. I just cranked out another episode, my reading of this thread is now up to #420 (still a longggg way to go, but I must say that it's pretty darn fun). I can’t wait to find out about the light.

You suck, I wish I was you :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You suck, I wish I was you :)

You don’t know how much restraint it takes to not read any further. I am also extremely jealous that I can’t read the new Season 3 thread. I feel like pillaging all of the Blockbusters in my area and sitting down to watch season 2 in one sitting. However, I will calmly step away and patiently wait for my DVDs in the mail.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Do it! That would be awesome.

I would really like to. However, Mrs. Bing might disagree with this decision. I have to plant the winter grass this weekend, so I will just continue down my path and wait for my new DVDs.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would really like to. However, Mrs. Bing might disagree with this decision. I have to plant the winter grass this weekend, so I will just continue down my path and wait for my new DVDs.

Cool. Just double check that DVR expiration on the new eps. That is what did me in at the beginning of season 1.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Holy freak’n Crow, I just watched episode #20 (Do No Harm). Definitely the most intense episode yet. I can’t believe Locke just took off like that. I’m glad that Claire had her baby okay. I think I was sweating more that Jack was.

I have so many questions. I have now read up to post #480 in this thread. If you don’t hear from me in a while, it’s because I have grabbed my tent and a sleeping bag and I’m camping out in front of my mailbox waiting for my final DVD of season 1.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm actually excited for you Bing. I loved the end of season one and beginning of season two. I think you will too.

This show just rocks.

Joe

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Of course, if you decide to read a 43 page thread on Lost in the middle of summer and don't expect to see spoilers...then, hmmm...

:D

Mike

I've actually not read the thread--I only started posting in it as the repeats started...as a number of people seem to be.

Only people that have a tremendous amount of free time at work would do something like that. :D (this was way back on post #642)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm so f'ing addicted to this show it's crazy.

I had to stop reading about here, at post #657. (I like to include the post number in my post so that I can easily find where I left off reading) People were starting to post about season 2 and I don’t want to hear anything.

Those last 4 episodes of season 1 were so intense that I had to watch them twice. I've put in a good 6 hours of lost over the last few days.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to stop reading about here, at post #657. (I like to include the post number in my post so that I can easily find where I left off reading) People were starting to post about season 2 and I don’t want to hear anything.

Those last 4 episodes of season 1 were so intense that I had to watch them twice. I've put in a good 6 hours of lost over the last few days.

Bada, I did the same thing you did with season 1 and the first four of season 2. You want to read it all so bad, but know you can't. :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the bonus stuff from season 1? Their 7th disc is bonus material, so I’ll be watching that before I start season 2.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the bonus stuff from season 1? Their 7th disc is bonus material, so I’ll be watching that before I start season 2.

I started watching this. It's really interesting. It was bizarre to hear Jin speak English. He said that he actually had to brush up on his Korean when he got the part, because he had never acted in Korean before. Charlie was originally auditioning for the role of Sawyer. Kate had trouble getting her Visa approved (she is Canadian). They were auditioning people to take her place, but her Visa was approved the day before filming began.

The craziest thing that I’ve learned so far is that Jack was originally written to die during the pilot. However, a week before filming began they decided to have him survive. He was supposed to be the guy that was killed by the “beast” and left up in the tree, but they changed it so that it was the pilot instead.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The craziest thing that I’ve learned so far is that Jack was originally written to die during the pilot. However, a week before filming began they decided to have him survive. He was supposed to be the guy that was killed by the “beast” and left up in the tree, but they changed it so that it was the pilot instead.
Yeah, that is crazy. I wonder what the make-up of the "team" was supposed to look like? The first season was pretty much Jack as QB.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I doubt the writers would tell Howard Stern what it's about, when not even the cast knows...

Mike

I cranked out 2 more episodes this morning when I got to work. I’m up to post #800 on this thread now (almost half way through it :eek: , and yes I read every single post, you guys have some very interesting theories). In the bonus material of season 1 the cast members talked about the fact that they are only given enough information to film the specific episode. Kate still doesn’t know how old her character is. Locke didn’t know that he had previously been in a wheelchair until they were a few episodes in. This show is flat out nuts.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I’m going to close my door here at about 3, flip on my headphones, and crank out the next 2 episodes of season 2 on my laptop. I can’t wait to read more of this thread. Some of the ideas here are a bit whacky, but most of them are extremely interesting. I can’t wait to find out how it turns out.

Sawyer has been my favorite character since the beginning, and after the raft fiasco, I like him even more.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to close my door here at about 3, flip on my headphones, and crank out the next 2 episodes of season 2 on my laptop. I can’t wait to read more of this thread. Some of the ideas here are a bit whacky, but most of them are extremely interesting. I can’t wait to find out how it turns out.

Sawyer has been my favorite character since the beginning, and after the raft fiasco, I like him even more.

I REALLY want to know what you thought of the first 5 minutes of Season 2.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05