Lost

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well, I've officially made it through season 2. One more to go. :thumbup:

Also, I still have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

Good news is season 3 will answer alot of your questions

Bad news is in season 3 you'll get just as many NEW questions...:D

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
One of my coworkers told me to watch Lost. I really like it so far. My favorite character is Jack.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell? When will the new episodes be aired?

Lost has 8 in the can that should air as normal. Episode 8 has a natural cliffhanger, per the show runners, so it wouldnt be a terrible place to break.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/12/04/losts-carlton-cuse-really-does-support-the-strike/

From Carlton Cuse;

To my fellow WGA Members,

I want to clear up any misunderstanding about where I stand.

On November 16, I, regrettably, was quoted by a Wall Street Journal reporter saying I was going to perform some of my non-writing, post-production duties on episodes of LOST to protect the show for the fans. However, I'm sure to the delight of the AMPTP, my statement became the story and gave the false impression that there was disunity among showrunners over the issues of this negotiation.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Every showrunner I know, whether producing or not producing, stands in full support of the goals of our guild.

For the past two months I have been working seven days a week on these negotiations alongside my fellow negotiating committee members.

As a committee we did everything we could to get both parties back to the bargaining table this last week. We were fully prepared to enter into the kinds of back-and-forth discussions that are necessary to reach any sort of labor deal. I sincerely hoped this return to the table would lead to real progress.

I was wrong.

In fact, given the events of last Thursday -- and where things currently stand -- I can no longer in good conscience continue to work on my show in any capacity.

What I will be doing is continuing my work as a member of the committee for as long as it takes, contributing in any way I can, to get us the fair and just deal that we must have.

It's going to be an arduous fight.

But make no mistake -- we are united, we are resolute...

And we are indeed ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

Yours,
Carlton Cuse

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So to cut to the chase is Lost EVER going to be on tv again?

:bang:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True but most of the other non reality shows haven't been on hiatus for this long before the strike.

Is Lost still planning on show SOME episodes in Feb?

if not they're in real danger of killing the show.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blah blah spoilers, not reading, but I hope that I get in on that Bluray deal. I'll finally be caught up with the rest of you on a show for once.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Details from imdb.com;

ABC announced a new strike-affected midseason schedule on Friday. The most prominent change is the return of Lost on January 31, a Thursday. The show will air at 9:00 p.m., the time period ordinarily occupied by the network's biggest hit on that night, Grey's Anatomy. The problem that the network faces is that while it has eight new episodes of Lost ready to roll, it has only one episode of Anatomy -- thus, the decision to move Lost from its usual Wednesday time period. ABC also announced plans to premiere its drama Cashmere Mafia on Thursday, Jan. 3, before moving the show to Wednesdays at 10:00 p.m. Only eight episodes were completed before the strike.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy cow. I was able to get the Lost Season 3 on Bluray deal for $34.99 from Best Buy that I posted in the movie forum. They cancelled it, and gave me a $10 off coupon. Called them back and got it reordered so this thing cost me $24.99.

This is some of the slickest DVD packaging available. Check this out from the opening cover.

Lost Cover said:
"...we did a special feature just for you Blu-Ray folk called "Access: Granted."... we were forced to reveal and confirm certain facts about the show, facts that we respectfully ask that you keep secret from the poor suckers who didn't spring for the Blu-Ray spectacular."

I can't wait to get this damn thing started.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Please do not keep it secret from us poor suckers. Don't let them tell you what to do!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the ads for the two-hour season premiere? I saw a couple of them during the Phoenix Suns game today. I know we only get something like 8 episodes, but I can't wait. It looked awesome.

Joe

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody see the ads for the two-hour season premiere? I saw a couple of them during the Phoenix Suns game today. I know we only get something like 8 episodes, but I can't wait. It looked awesome.

Joe

Yep, cant wait! :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the extended preview for Season 4 debut. This is the craziest fun show ever. It looks like the way the stories are unfolding it's going to be impossible to really understand what's going on without watching the first 3 seasons. If you haven't seen them yet, go rent them or buy them immediately. Season 3 is still streaming for free at abc.com if you want to watch it that way.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally cracked open and watched the 1st two episodes of S3 on Bluray. It looks absolutely amazing and the season is off to a very strong start.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABC is now streaming all three seasons of Lost on their website. If you haven't watched anything overthere, it's impressive to look at. Just don't do it without a decent computer.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thi is awesome, Here's a billboard up right now in Portland.
You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But seriously enjoy the early eps. You might find it awesome to hit the episode guide after each episode to make sure you arent missing anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lost_episodes

I don't need to. The episodes are in order on the DVD sets. :)

Besides that though. The Bluray release has something called season play, that automatically marks (assuming to the PS3 hard drive) the last episode and scene that I have watched, and will alert me if I watch anything out of order, like a bookmark. Pretty cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05