Lost

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need to. The episodes are in order on the DVD sets. :)

Besides that though. The Bluray release has something called season play, that automatically marks (assuming to the PS3 hard drive) the last episode and scene that I have watched, and will alert me if I watch anything out of order, like a bookmark. Pretty cool.

I didnt mean from an order standpoint; moreso from the trivia and such in the wikipedia pages.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt mean from an order standpoint; moreso from the trivia and such in the wikipedia pages.

Ah,

I try to stay in the dark about stuff like that until I watch it. It is really hard as I can't even talk about my favorite shows because they don't come out on DVD for until months later.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah,

I try to stay in the dark about stuff like that until I watch it. It is really hard as I can't even talk about my favorite shows because they don't come out on DVD for until months later.

Ugh. You are quickly become Linderpedia 2.0. ;)

I am saying after you watch an episode, read the info for the episode you just watched. I think it will go a long way in recreating the buzz you arent getting because you are watching them years later.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am saying after you watch an episode, read the info for the episode you just watched. I think it will go a long way in recreating the buzz you arent getting because you are watching them years later.

I can't though. I will inevitably keep reading, spoiling myself. I have to wait until the entire season is over and go back and read up.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Yep, that's exactly what I did when I caught up on the first 2 seasons. I'd read thru this thread after each episode I watched. You can easily see the breaks because there is usually someone posting "happy Lost day".

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dream, you haven't seen anything yet.

Joe

I just watched Jack operate on Ben and slice his kidney to attempt to allow Kate/Sawyer to escape together.

Good episode. Sucks Eko died. Liked his charater.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of interesting stuff at find815.com.

For example, Hanso (the Hanso Institute) was also the name of the guy that owned The Black Rock (the ship that's on the island).

At least, most of that stuff is news to me. But then, I haven't followed the internet trails much.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Got my brother addicted and he, my dad and I have been watching all 3 season DVD's for the last couple months. Only 5 "hours" left and they'll be caught up.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given the choice between the Super Bowl and the season premiere of Lost I would take the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Is 815.com an official website or something created by a bunch of fans?

Joe

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Given the choice between the Super Bowl and the season premiere of Lost I would take the latter every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Is 815.com an official website or something created by a bunch of fans?

Joe
I gotta believe that it is an official site. Check it out. You'll see why.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
find815.com is a game that leads into Season 4 debut. It's a lot like Kevin Smith's comic books in between movies that tie stories together. Only it's better. And interactive.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Check out the "Missing Pieces" clips on the official Lost page on ABC. Some good stuff there.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Ok i just watched all three seasons in the past 2 weeks online at alluc.org and im glad i can finally join the thread, heres a couple things im curious about and just general statements
1) S3 finale was damn good but the end lost me, we are not having flashbacks anymore but flash forwards. Kinda kills the specualtion because you know they get off the island and everything is real
2)I tried picking up on the small stuff but i kno i missed a lot prob
3)I think pen's dad is the reason des in on the island
4)Locke def started off as my fav character then right now sawyer is one of the few i like. I hate hurley he talks like hes 12, and jack is getting on my nerves
5) Nobody new sawyers real name until much later so how the hell was his name found on the manifest?
6) How did lockes dad get on the island?
7) Is micheal and walt still at sea? why no follow-up?
8) SOOOOOO many holes in the story, there are so many questions i hope 4 ties it in

BTW lost is signed on for 16 episodes each season with 2010 as the last year, and due to the writter strike on 8 episodes have been done and produced and i think thats all we might get for S4, man i hope not.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) S3 finale was damn good but the end lost me, we are not having flashbacks anymore but flash forwards. Kinda kills the specualtion because you know they get off the island and everything is real

It was an interesting move to me because it causes me to really question whether I should be rooting for them to get off the island. It's a plot device that returns us to the original question: Why are they there?

2)I tried picking up on the small stuff but i kno i missed a lot prob

As the Native Americans once said, "Use the whole buffalo." I think the writers of this show have followed that advice, because there's really no such thing as small stuff. If you noticed a curious detail, it's there for a reason and will become a part of the show. You might discover more watching the seasons again. I've watched all 3 three times now.

3)I think pen's dad is the reason des in on the island

That's certainly something they've dangled out there since mid-Season 2. Personally, I think Des is there for a different reason. Almost every character has committed one of the 7 deadly sins, and we are to believe -- with hope, I guess -- that the island's purpose is for redemption of some sort. Like Purgatory. Des' sin would be pride. He could've just ran off with Penny, married her, and lived a life in spite of Charles Widmore. But he was compelled to earn the respect of Penny's father. He was too proud to do the right thing. His pride was injured.

4)Locke def started off as my fav character then right now sawyer is one of the few i like. I hate hurley he talks like hes 12, and jack is getting on my nerves

I will forever love Hurley and Locke remains my favorite, though the "sucker" storyline that has played out ... I fear we have been "sucked" into living out Locke's faith but in reality becoming suckers just like him. We'll have to see how it develops.

Jack was annoying to me by the second season. He continually disdains anyone with new information, anyone that challenges the decisions he's already made for the group. I might have whooped him good before the end of Season 2 if I had been in that group. He can be very irritating and self-righteous. There have been times where I wish Sayid would take him into the jungle and give him a good beating, just to bring him down a notch.

5) Nobody new sawyers real name until much later so how the hell was his name found on the manifest?

Hurley's really good at keeping secrets.

6) How did lockes dad get on the island?

Either there's a box, or it's hell (like he suggested), or he came in that submarine that the group had and was still conveniently running since the 50s. Pick anyone. I think this is going to have a "two sides to every story" X-Files-type explanation: Of course the Others were the ones that caused him to wreck, kidnapped him, and brought him to the island, but the island inspired it all.

7) Is micheal and walt still at sea? why no follow-up?

Personally, I'm convinced they wrote off Michael and Walt because (a) that storyline was dominating all others; (b) Harold Perrineau is not a great actor to demand all that screen time; and/or (c) they realized they Walt was too supernatural a character and they weren't ready to relinquish the audience to a full-on paranormal experience yet. We didn't really need a betrayal scene to already hate Michael. At least I didn't. I wanted him to drown. Beyond irritating. Why did Michael get to live and Eko have to die? There's no real justice on this island. Eko was the best character on the show, even better than Locke. Maybe that's why Eko had to die. Made me sad.

I was really happy to watch Charlie go. That was satisfying. He was becoming part of a post-post-modern Gilligan and Skipper with Hurley.

The show was better without them because it got the focus off the paranormal and back to telling stories of human frailty.

8) SOOOOOO many holes in the story, there are so many questions i hope 4 ties it in

Think of Lost like you would a novel. We're in the middle with about 200 pages left. You can't have plot holes in the middle of the book. If you make it this far, you're obligated -- as a literate person -- to give the author the benefit of the doubt.

My guess is Season 4 will end up forcing us to ask more questions than it will answer.

So how come you're not asking about Richard, who has a lot of aging to do? How come you're not asking what Rousseau's time was REALLY studying, and for whom? Who is Alvus Hanso really? These are the really good questions to be asking as we enter Season 4.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw an extended Lost trailer at the Cloverfield showing. Part of me was thrilled. Part of me was disappointed they showed so much of the first episode in the clip!!!

Definitely seems like they're doing all the right things to get the plot lines cooking from first episode. I get the feeling they're about to accelerate the manic nature of the diverting plot lines into one big, messy stew. I love it!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a two-hour special on Wednesday. It looks like a reairing of eps with some sort of Pop-Up Video trivia things.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope to finish the rest of Season 3 this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05