Lost

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last installment of Find 815 is due tonight at 7 pm. I've completed the first four chapters. It's been fun but there haven't been any revelations (that I can tell) about Season 4. If you're into the Lost story there's a ton of background information there, including details where the writers think the island is or should be. It's not where I thought it was, nor is it where I think the Lost crash victims think it is.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interview with Ben (Michael Emerson)

AP: Before Lost,' you won an Emmy for playing a serial killer on The Practice' in 1997. When did you realize that you were so good at playing creepy guys?

Emerson: It's a mystery to me why I'm playing the characters I'm playing on television. I have played Shakespearian over the years but generally my stock and trade on the stage has been comedy or to play guys that were slightly silly or a little eggheaded. It never occurred to me that I would be taken seriously as a sort of damaged and dangerous character the way I am now. I think it must have something to do with the tension between seemingly harmless package and the dangerous interior maybe. It's not a thing I've sort of cultivated but it seems to be instinctual with me. Anyway, I've made some small success with it and (laughs) I don't know how to stop it."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/tv/articles/0129emerson0129.html

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Special Enhanced Version of ABC's "Lost" Season Three Finale to Air Jan. 30

- ABC Premieres A Special Enhanced Version Of The "Lost" Season Three Two-Hour Finale

- Enhanced Version Includes On-Screen Facts and Back Story
Thursday, January 24, 2008 --

Get ready for the Season Four premiere of "Lost" with a special presentation of the Season Three two-hour finale, "Through the Looking Glass," enhanced with on-screen facts and back story about one of the most talked about dramas on television. Whether you already watched the amazing conclusion of "Lost" last season or this is your first time viewing it, the special enhanced "Lost" catches viewers up on the story of the Oceanic 815 survivors in a way you've never experienced before. Be there for the enhanced "Lost" Season Three finale, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30 at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC.

The enhanced version of "Lost" will include text on the lower third of the screen and will "let viewers in" on clues in the show, as well as give back story to catch new viewers up for Season Four.

About Lost
With only 48 original episodes left until the final episode airs in 2010, this season truly is the beginning of the end, with the promise of rescue at hand. Jack has radioed a freighter stationed somewhere off the island. But when it's disclosed that Charlie's dying warning was that these people may not be who they say they are, the castaways are divided as to what to do. Jack is convinced that the freighter people are there to rescue them, while Locke is not. A split occurs among the survivors. Who is on the freighter? What was the significance of the flash-forward showing Jack and Kate off the island at some point in the future? What will the consequences be when the characters once again encounter Michael, who seemingly escaped the island after murdering two of the survivors? These are some of the questions "Lost" will explore during the action-packed fourth season.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 90-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios.

Source: ABC

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope to finish the rest of Season 3 this week.

I am a ******. I watched the season finale last week, not knowing it was the season finale.

Interesting plot to finish the season.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I must be the biggest nerd I know. I honestly cannot remember television show or movie I've been more excited about than season premiere of Lost tomorrow. usually Thursdays are one of the nights where I'm on duty for work. I switched for covering games tonight.

I honestly can't tell whether my excitement is tempered or heightened because of the writers' strike. I mean on one hand it sucks that there are only eight episodes, but on the other hand I'm starved for quality TV shows.

I'm interested to watch this show tonight although I really don't think they'll reveal anything new or exciting. My guess is that it includes a few extra scenes that are already on the DVDs, and they give us some facts that will really be anything new to Lost nerds.

Anyhow, I better get back to work. I just had to take a break to come here and confess how geeky I am about this show.

Joe

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Anyhow, I better get back to work. I just had to take a break to come here and confess how geeky I am about this show.

Joe

Yes you really are a geek...join the club...lol
I'm looking forward to the show too.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I hated the recrap too. The scrolling thing at the bottom was terrible.

Jack is taking pain meds, but he doesn't look in physical pain.

Give me a break. I only watched the 1st 5 minutes and about the last 20. I don't know if I could've handled 2 hours of that.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I had some pain medication for that crap. I'm always trying to get people to watch Lost, so I hope that wasn't anybody's first experience with the show.

Anyhow, and I can't get here quickly enough. It looks like this is where we get the division of the people from flight 815. I also keep thinking about what Ben says in that last episode... that every "living person" on the island will be killed. Are the original inhabitants of the island not living?

I think it's some point we should make a big list of all the questions that are still unanswered.

Until then, it's back to work.

Joe Mama

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started watching this. I made it thought the first four episodes.

I will keep watching, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Evangeline Lilly is a craptastic actor.

Yeah, I said it. Even Matthew Fox is better.

I was falling asleep in some of the episodes. Locke is about the only character I like.

I cannot fathom ever watching this with commercials.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just started watching this. I made it thought the first four episodes.

I will keep watching, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Evangeline Lilly is a craptastic actor.

Yeah, I said it. Even Matthew Fox is better.

I was falling asleep in some of the episodes. Locke is about the only character I like.

I cannot fathom ever watching this with commercials.

I can't really fathom ever watching anything with commercials. Not even sports, just can't do it. They ruin the mood and waste time.

Mulli, try to stick it out at least until the season 3 finale. That was one of the most brilliant episodes of tv I've ever seen. Hopefully you haven't read/seen any spoilers.

Austin

Reaction score
Yeah, i was gonna say, wait till the end of season 3, but you beat me to it! haha! This is a brilliant show! The most recent season is not for the dimwitted... It might be confusing, but it was awesome!!!!!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
My GF and I are watching this again to get ready for the final season. It's amazing how many little things you miss the first time around. From the 9 episodes we've watched so far I can definitely say the writers had a plan, contrary to what some believe.

If you've got the time, re-watch the episodes.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My GF and I are watching this again to get ready for the final season. It's amazing how many little things you miss the first time around. From the 9 episodes we've watched so far I can definitely say the writers had a plan, contrary to what some believe.

If you've got the time, re-watch the episodes.

I plan to do just that. Plus, I have this friend who hasn't seen any of them and I really think he needs to get on board. Lost rocks.

Kolo

Reaction score
I watch almost no television other than sports, The First 48, and dregs-of-society VH1 reality shows. Monday evening, I was looking for something to watch on Netflix and for no particular reason decided to give the first few minutes of the Lost pilot a try. And in the past two days I've watched the first seven episodes and my wife and I are getting hunkered down right now for another marathon, probably until we fall asleep tonight.

And my question is simple--does the series stay this great throughout?

And please don't give any plot away--I haven't read a single post on this long thread, because I don't want anything given away.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I watch almost no television other than sports, The First 48, and dregs-of-society VH1 reality shows. Monday evening, I was looking for something to watch on Netflix and for no particular reason decided to give the first few minutes of the Lost pilot a try. And in the past two days I've watched the first seven episodes and my wife and I are getting hunkered down right now for another marathon, probably until we fall asleep tonight.

And my question is simple--does the series stay this great throughout?

And please don't give any plot away--I haven't read a single post on this long thread, because I don't want anything given away.

There are a few slow spots here and there, but a slow spot in Lost is like the best you can get from most shows. Other than that, the show is amazing all the way through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05