Louis Amundson

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
his knowledge when the bobcat turned it around after the trade, with wins over the celtics and lakers before Gerald wallace went down. "

Of course I read that, but it doesn't explain Diaw's poor performance. Is Wallace's injury forcing Brown to use Diaw incorrectly? Or is Diaw not quite the star PF he appeared to be right after the trade?

nowagimp

Reaction score
Of course I read that, but it doesn't explain Diaw's poor performance.

Wow, have you ever played basketball? Wallace was the top scorer, and that doesnt effect the playmakers stats? Good grief I had no idea it was that difficult, especially for a suns fan, to understand the problems created by injuries and depth issues. What do you think the spacing will be like without the top scorer on an already super thin team?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Also, Diaw could be posted down low on offense instead of being one more guy who cant command a defender. Frankly, the suns got rid of diaw because he didnt play well with amare. Now amare is considered a poison, he's the goat now. The suns have basically devalued their talent before trading it away by mis using it. Diaw did play well as a starter, and soon he will be better than all the suns big men as the team implodes and they trade everyone!

The beat writer at East Valley Tribune (forgot his name) was on TV last night and essentially said the same thing. Made a lot of sense; the type of player the Suns need right now is a Diaw-type of player instead of Amare. I mean, doesn't mgmt look at the big picture before trading off players? Pieces should complement each other.

What I didn't like was that implies they would be rebuilding around a 36 yr old Shaq. yikes ....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, have you ever played basketball? Wallace was the top scorer, and that doesnt effect the playmakers stats?

Well, let's see. Their season average is 92 points per game, and over the last five games they have averaged 89.6. I don't see a big dropoff. I'm sure the loss of Wallace is hurting the team in ways that are harder to quantify, but overall I don't see much change in playmaking opportunities. Or, the rest of the team is able to pick up the slack, in spite of Diaw's struggles. You decide.

You're so intent on asserting Diaw's brilliance that you randomly select any piece of information you can find and claim it to be supporting evidence. First it was that the Suns didn't use him correctly. Then it was that he had tuned out Porter. Then it was that Brown was a brilliant coach who had finally figured out "how to use him properly," as though D'Antoni had not accomplished the same thing during Stoudemire's microfracture season. And now Diaw's regression to the same lazy turnover machine that the rest of us have all come to loathe is due to the team's starting SF being injured. Next it will be that he's adjusting to having a new teammate in Radmanovic instead of Morrison. After that, maybe he'll be exhausted from an emotionally draining season. Or Okafor will get hurt again, forcing Diaw to play out of position.

Lament Diaw's departure all you want, but you aren't going to convince anyone here that the Suns made a mistake in dumping him.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Well, let's see. Their season average is 92 points per game, and over the last five games they have averaged 89.6. I don't see a big dropoff. I'm sure the loss of Wallace is hurting the team in ways that are harder to quantify, but overall I don't see much change in playmaking opportunities. Or, the rest of the team is able to pick up the slack, in spite of Diaw's struggles. You decide.

You're so intent on asserting Diaw's brilliance that you randomly select any piece of information you can find and claim it to be supporting evidence. First it was that the Suns didn't use him correctly. Then it was that he had tuned out Porter. Then it was that Brown was a brilliant coach who had finally figured out "how to use him properly," as though D'Antoni had not accomplished the same thing during Stoudemire's microfracture season. And now Diaw's regression to the same lazy turnover machine that the rest of us have all come to loathe is due to the team's starting SF being injured. Next it will be that he's adjusting to having a new teammate in Radmanovic instead of Morrison. After that, maybe he'll be exhausted from an emotionally draining season. Or Okafor will get hurt again, forcing Diaw to play out of position.

Lament Diaw's departure all you want, but you aren't going to convince anyone here that the Suns made a mistake in dumping him.

Sounds like a frustrated fans core dump. Just defrag the hard drive and relax. Clearly we will have to agree to disagree before you become unglued.

nowagimp

Reaction score
The beat writer at East Valley Tribune (forgot his name) was on TV last night and essentially said the same thing. Made a lot of sense; the type of player the Suns need right now is a Diaw-type of player instead of Amare. I mean, doesn't mgmt look at the big picture before trading off players? Pieces should complement each other.

What I didn't like was that implies they would be rebuilding around a 36 yr old Shaq. yikes ....

Yep, if they were gonna get rid of amare, they should have kept diaw. And building around shaq could end in a matter of games with one "old man" injury.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Arguements with you eric is pointless, as most here already know.

I think what most here already know is that being on the wrong side of the facts is what's pointless. You have nothing left but personal attacks, which speak for themselves.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

People quickly forget how malignant Diaws lack of aggressive play affected the team when they needed a strong 4 to stand against the big dogs. There were too many times Diaw was within feet of the rack and would opt to pass out. How many times did Diaw get called for traveling a game because he would be like a Kaybee toy just spinning on his pivot foot undecisive.

Give me Sweet Lou any day. I'm telling you. Lou is gaining more confidence game by game. He's snowballing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yep, if they were gonna get rid of amare, they should have kept diaw.
Diaw, just as Marion, is too soft to outplay opposing Power Forwards game after game.

Both of them are frontcourt tweeners. That makes a team even weaker than backcourt tweeners.