Lutui back

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope Lutui passes his physical here and takes to heart that he is about to eat his way out of the NFL. He is a local guy so I want him to do well.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Signings are usually contigent on passing a physical, yes?

This one just seems a little odd to me. A doctor could always show that someone has a torn ligament or something, but who defines "overweight"?

Couldn't a team with buyer's remorse just say, "You weigh 182?! 181 is the max. See ya."

Just seems like a team would at least meet a guy in person before committing lots of money, but maybe this offseason's circumstances are too unique.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
So what is the difference between the Bengals' physical and the Cards'' physical that would cause people to presume that a flight from Cincinnati to Phoenix would make him now pass?

Sounds to me like nothing has changed and he probably won't pass ours either. Then what? Just wait for him to get thinner?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is the difference between the Bengals' physical and the Cards'' physical that would cause people to presume that a flight from Cincinnati to Phoenix would make him now pass?

Sounds to me like nothing has changed and he probably won't pass ours either. Then what? Just wait for him to get thinner?

Could it be a partially guaranteed contract and also based on incentives?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I seriously hope we signed him the league minimum, and wouldn't be surprised if we did (or at least something close) -- I would think failing a physical at one team would scratch you off most team's list.

I hope we signed him cheap, promised him we'd whip him into shape like last year, and that motivates him to play hard to get a contract next offseason. Would you really be comfortable paying this guy a long-term contract with significant guaranteed money at this point?!

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score

He did the flight wrapped in tin foil.

Really makes you wonder mind you. Maybe we have agreed to to resign on condition he passes in a set time?!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Rumors have been out there that Deuce has been seen & looks up to 100 lbs over weight.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This is the best news I've heard all weekend. I knew if I bitched long enough the Cards would go get Lutui back.

I guess he wasn't as mad at the Cards as I thought.

Actually, he was wicked mad. He eats when he's angry....... and sad, and happy, and confused, and pensive, and...

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

A buddy of mine snapped this picture of Duece, in his haste to get the picture he missed his face.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Triple Wow.

Our guards are now Hadnot, Womack, Colledge, and Lutui ?

Jeez, that is one too many for the ol' depth chart. Maybe put Hadnot as the backup center ?

OT:
Brown
Keith
Bridges

OG:
Lutui
Colledge
Womack

OC:
Sendlein
Hadnot

That is pretty impressive, not dominate, not great, but impressive. I would be shocked if the Cardinals can't find a solid 5 out of those names.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
He might get cut if is contract doesn't have big bonus bucks tied to it.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Triple Wow.

Our guards are now Hadnot, Womack, Colledge, and Lutui ?

Jeez, that is one too many for the ol' depth chart. Maybe put Hadnot as the backup center ?

OT:
Brown
Keith
Bridges

OG:
Lutui
Colledge
Womack

OC:
Sendlein
Hadnot

That is pretty impressive, not dominate, not great, but impressive. I would be shocked if the Cardinals can't find a solid 5 out of those names.

I think this is actually right on target. Hadnot is probably our most valuable reserve as he can play EVERY position.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might get cut if is contract doesn't have big bonus bucks tied to it.

True, however, I think the Cardinals like Lutui and will give him every opportunity to make the team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He was our best our best lineman last year.....not sure if that means a lot.

Started 72 of 78 games and has only missed one game in the last 4 years. None in the last three years. Can't be coming in too out of shape.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Can't be coming in too out of shape.

Why not? He had an extra 3 months to sit around on his ass. If he was fat enough to fail a physical I have to imagine he looks like the girl from Precious.

This is all hilarious. Welcome back, fatty.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
According to Somers he weighed in at 381.

That is lite in Lutui standards.