Lutui back

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His agent told him with the way he's played the last few years he'd be worth his weight in gold when he hit free agency. Deuce took it too literally.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what has been reported in tweets. The Bengals must have higher standards then us. :D

Great, we have lower standards then the team who drafted this guy:

You must be registered for see images

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still need a OT. I feel good about the front three, but I still see a lot of ends getting Kolb around the corner, or, after that, a swim or spin move back inside.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why not? He had an extra 3 months to sit around on his ass. If he was fat enough to fail a physical I have to imagine he looks like the girl from Precious.

This is all hilarious. Welcome back, fatty.

Started 72 of 78 games and has only missed one game in the last 4 years. None in the last three years. Can't be coming in too out of shape (every season).

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad Deuce is back. :thumbup:

Some people have serious weight problems they cannot control long term. However, I would think playing in the NFL would be enough motivation for an athlete to keep it under control during their playing career, plus of course, the money.

Sadly a lot of athletes have given up tons of money and lost their career because they cannot control their weight. I consider food is an addiction for many people. At least if a person has a drug or alcohol problem they can go cold turkey. Such is not the case with food.

Sadly well put...keeping weight off is as much a life struggle as any other addiction as some of us may know. Let's all give him the encouragement he needs and not make fun of his condition....just imagine what he will be facing when his football days are over if he stays out of control.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly well put...keeping weight off is as much a life struggle as any other addiction as some of us may know. Let's all give him the encouragement he needs and not make fun of his condition....just imagine what he will be facing when his football days are over if he stays out of control.

He's facing a shorter life span if he can't get it under control. He'll be dead by 50.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
According to Somers he weighed in at 381.

That is lite in Lutui standards.

His size:
"I have always been one big boy. When I want to, I can eat. I'm trying to cut down, but I love my rice and those carbs."

Surviving an auto accident when he was 6 years old that killed his sister and disabled his father:
"It was a trauma for all of us. I was determined after that to make something of my life. My parents were hurt, but I felt they had brought us to this country for a purpose...As a teenager, I had to take care of the family. I was the one paying the bills. My parents, coming from the Tongan Islands, weren't too familiar with the American system."

I like Duece. Hope he plays for us for another 10 years. And as long as he keeps kicking butt in January he can be fat in August.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Cardschatter Darren Urban

Whisenhunt on G Deuce Lutui: "When he does it right and his weight is not an issue, he’s a good player. Hopefully he understands that now."

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardschatter Darren Urban

Whisenhunt on G Deuce Lutui: "When he does it right and his weight is not an issue, he’s a good player. Hopefully he understands that now."

Didn't Whisenhunt say that last year too? At least we know Lutui isn't just a contract year player.

Regardless, now we have the possibility that 4 of 5 of our oline positions will remain the same as last season. Contrary to what many are saying Kolb will benefit from that continuity.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Whisenhunt say that last year too? At least we know Lutui isn't just a contract year player.

Regardless, now we have the possibility that 4 of 5 of our oline positions will remain the same as last season. Contrary to what many are saying Kolb will benefit from that continuity.

I wouldn't mind that so much if we could somehow get decent play out of the tackles

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score

I don't recall hearing him say that last year but he may have. This year the point was driven home by the Bungles when he lost an 8.75 million dollar contract because of his weight.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a low risk signing if he flunked his physical. If he doesn't get that fat butt of his in shape by the end of preseason he'll probably be cut.

Like him or hate him this was a big win for the Cardinals. Worst case we're no worse off then we were when he signed with the Bengals. Best case we have more depth and a better starter on the OL.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I realize that He seems to play ok even heavier than what the Coaches want him to be but evidently the coaches think he's better at his target weight and they're not willing to give him the contract until he can show the dedication to come into camp at that target.

seesred

Reaction score
Glad to have the big guy back. I feel bad for his family having his 4th child and is given the chance to play in his home town and he get get his head on straight. I hope he can play.

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't recall hearing him say that last year but he may have. This year the point was driven home by the Bungles when he lost an 8.75 million dollar contract because of his weight.

Lets hope that motivates Lutui even more.

or possibly compete with Womack, who played both guard and right tackle last season.
(Foxsports Arizona)

Hmmmm....Brown,Colledge,Sendlein,Lutui and Womack???

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Brings new meaning to Double Deuce ! Gone and back again. That may not be the real story? we'll find out, I hope he gets a Bengal kicked out of the game this year Like the Bear attacking him that year, And Deuce just laughing his big behind off.

We need that video posted somewhere,

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At 381 lbs. on August 1st, I can't envision him being in shape by September. Probably headed for the PUP list.