Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know if all this mess is even somewhat true but if we could get either Kobe or KG I would definitly be all for KG instead of Kobe.. Thats if we can get either one and were to make a choice..

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
You cant restructure but KG might be up for an extension.

Maybe Kerr's closed door meeting with Banks was about getting a feel from him how KG would fit in chemistry wise.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok looking at the salaries try this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2009~510~261~687~1021&teams=16~2~21~16~16

Included in that trade though is the ATL 08, #24, #29 pick from the suns to minnesota, and the #5 pick from the celtics to minnesota.

The celtics recieve marion, and they also give up the last year of worthless expensive ratliff and scrub scalabrines long contract. On the negative side they have to give up the #5.

Suns get KG and lose their picks and jones.

Minnesota gets an assload of picks and Jones as a decent player to try as a swingman. On the negative side they have to take the last year of theo, which is not that bad as he has a nice big expiring. The only major negative is scalabrines long but not too large around 3.2 mil per for 3 years contract.

What do you think guys? I know boston would be crazy not to do this, they are not very high on the #5 pick. Suns would obviously do it. Deal or no deal from minnesota?

Uh, if this deal happens, barbosa will absolutely be involved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Posted by a Wolves fan on bbb.net

My immediate reaction was "BS". Then I clicked the link and saw who it was. I'm fairly confident I actually know who that poster is (he's got a history), and he would know what he's talking about. If it were anybody else I wouldn't even waste my time with it. Needless to say I'm a little worried.

Obviously it would be a horrible decision. There's only one guy on Phoenix that could match KG's impact, and he most certainly wouldn't be involved in a trade.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You cant restructure but KG might be up for an extension.

Maybe Kerr's closed door meeting with Banks was about getting a feel from him how KG would fit in chemistry wise.

Please tell me that's a joke... they have plenty of reasons to have a closed door meeting with banks other than that

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Uh, if this dealing happens, barbosa will absolutely be involved.

It makes the deal a bit more complicated though salary matching wise, but this is the type of input I want to hear so I can try to whip something up. Lemme try out this one and come back.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It makes the deal a bit more complicated though salary matching wise, but this is the type of input I want to hear so I can try to whip something up. Lemme try out this one and come back.

This would actually be a smart trade for minny in terms of actually rebuilding, they have foye, get barbosa, and get #5 and #7 in one of the best drafts in a long time (maybe go brandin wright/corey brewer).

That is actually a hell of a way to rebuild a team, if I'm a minnesota fan I want that, and thus have the prospects of a future, instead of stuck going nowhere with no prospects of a future.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Nash-Bell-Hill-Garnett-Stoudemire

Man, we'd seriously need to fill out the bench! Diaw, Jones and Banks ain't gonna get it done - even with that starting lineup. The good thing is that the above lineup would be VERY atractive to a FA who wants a ring - 2 year FA deal (one guaranteed and one PO year?)....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
It actually works just fine in trade machiney:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~2009~510~261~687~1021&teams=16~16~2~21~16~16

Same deal as before, but I am thinking maybe boston throws in #32 to minny to give the chance for them to package #24,29,32 to maybe move up a bit in the draft?

In that case how would minnesota NOT do this?

If we're NOT trading KT, in any KG package, I would try to hang onto the #24 so we could package it along with KT or along with Banks in another move, though it wouldn't at all be a deal killer....

BTW - I wan't complainging on the first post above CI's here - just making a point. I have been one of the biggest KG proponents here all along....

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
If we're NOT trading KT, in any KG package, I would try to hang onto the #24 so we could package it along with KT or along with Banks in another move, though it wouldn't at all be a deal killer....

BTW - I wan't complainging on the first post above CI's here - just making a point. I have been one of the biggest KG proponents here all along....

We have our second rounder, banks and the 2nd rounder for cash considerations I am pretty sure we can do that.

Then, although this is stretching, we can have KT opt out and sign a 3 year 4 million per extension.

We take on an extra 4 million in this KG deal, deal banks 4 million, and lose 4 million off of KT.

I think we would be at 75-76 million next year then and if part of that is going to grant hill watch out!

*edit: forgot if we deal barbosa we lose about 25 million and take on 22 of KGs. So we lose 3 million there, 4 million dealing banks, and 4 million hopefully restructuring KTs deal. Total savings 11 million! We would be at 65 million before signing Hill and some scrubs.

Last edited:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I just hope I can figure out a way to make this deal happen without having to package barbosa.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I love how less than a week ago I asked where all the KG rumors went.

and then BAM HERE THEY ARE.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Who cares if you give up Barbosa and the draft picks in the deal. Having a front court of Amare and KG gives you the inside presence the Suns have always lacked.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
KG is not going to cost Marion, Barbosa and Atlantas pick, that is ridiculous and Phoenix wouldn't even consider it.

KG is 31 years old, makes over 20M$, will only accept to be traded to a contender most likely and is probably unhappy as well without going public like Kobe.

That alone limits the possibilities A LOT. See what Philly got for Iverson for what the Lakers got for O'Neal.

Marion, Thomas, #29 OR #24, Atlantas pick and a future Phoenix pick 2009 or 2010 (possibly unprotected as that could be valueable for Minnesota to expect us to not compete in 3 years anymore). That should do the trick if KG wants to come here.

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
KG is not going to cost Marion, Barbosa and Atlantas pick, that is ridiculous and Phoenix wouldn't even consider it.

KG is 31 years old, makes over 20M$, will only accept to be traded to a contender most likely and is probably unhappy as well without going public like Kobe.

That alone limits the possibilities A LOT. See what Philly got for Iverson for what the Lakers got for O'Neal.

An MVP in his prime for a team that could be that one piece away isn't worth a guy that the team probably wants to unload, a 6th man, and a pick that isn't likely to be a great one next year? I beg to differ.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I understand the Minnesota trade, IMO Banks would need to be included from Phoenix's perspective. Actually I would prefer the Suns do the proposed Boston trade and be able to keep their picks. Also Barbosa needs to stay in Phoenix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05