Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but those talk are centered around Amare - if we do either one of those and get rid of Amare, we're complete and utter idiots. that just takes us further away from a title now and in the future.

i mean, if we traded Amare for Kobe, we'd be:

Nash
Bell
Bryant
Marion
Diaw

i just don't think that team can beat SA, much less Dallas. Maybe Dallas, but definitely not SA. We need Kobe and Amare to beat that team or Amare and KG.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/06/18/garnett.notes/index.html
Sources from several NBA teams say the Wolves have been making calls to gauge Garnett's trade value throughout the league. The most provocative conversation of which I've heard has been with the Phoenix Suns.

A league source understood the talks with Phoenix to be in a preliminary stage, saying, "They're not hot yet.

But Minnesota's queries have more of an edge this year. My understanding is that the calls about Garnett are being made by GM Jim Stack, which enables Minnesota VP Kevin McHale to maintain deniability on possible trades. It allows McHale to honestly say that he hasn't talked to other teams about Garnett.

There is a belief among his NBA colleagues that McHale remained with the Timberwolves this season to make the decision on Garnett's future once and for all. If Garnett is to be moved, then McHale will take the hit for doing it, which would allow McHale's successor (rumored to be assistant GM Fred Hoiberg) to start fresh without being held responsible for dealing the best player in franchise history.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I doubt they know anything about the players that would be involved.

100% sure Amare will not be traded under any circumstance. The Wolves would have to give us their pick to consider it.

Steve Kerr is not going to trade a 24 year old all-nba first team, played every game of the season, averaged 26/12 in the playoffs where he raised his game yet again, took the team on his shoulders a lot, and is already back working out every day in the gym.

Steve Kerr is not going to do that... Wasn't Steve Kerr part of the group that flew to Dallas with Amare and Sarver to recruit Nash?

He will not trade Amare , it just won't happen. Amare also makes less than Marion, there is no real way of trading Amare for KG unless we threw in Thomas also which leaves us even smaller than before.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
I am so trying not to get to excited...If we can somehow get KG without losing Amare and Barbs...wowza! This team wins 70 games:

Nash
Bell
Diaw
KG
Amare

Barbs

You could just fill out the bench with a couple vet mins.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
at least we'd be saving Minnesota from embarrassing themselves by drafting spencer hawes.

That would be embarrassing for sure. Spencahhhh (in my best Avery Brooks impersonation [for the old school guys[) has bust written all over him.

fordronken

Reaction score
If the "source" from earlier is correct and there is a third team involved, Chad Ford's reports of Boston-Minnesota could just be a half informed truth. He may have just heard that Minnesota and the Celtics were talking a KG trade, but that what he didn't know was that KG was going to the Suns. If the T-Wolves want picks, expiring contracts and prospects, the Celtics want Marion and the Suns want KG, this could all end up making a whole lot of sense.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I doubt they know anything about the players that would be involved.

100% sure Amare will not be traded under any circumstance. The Wolves would have to give us their pick to consider it.

Steve Kerr is not going to trade a 24 year old all-nba first team, played every game of the season, averaged 26/12 in the playoffs where he raised his game yet again, took the team on his shoulders a lot, and is already back working out every day in the gym.

Steve Kerr is not going to do that... Wasn't Steve Kerr part of the group that flew to Dallas with Amare and Sarver to recruit Nash?

He will not trade Amare , it just won't happen. Amare also makes less than Marion, there is no real way of trading Amare for KG unless we threw in Thomas also which leaves us even smaller than before.

He´s also a 24 year old center who can´t play a lick of defense. With KG, we don´t need Kurt Thomas, because KG is an excellent defensive player, who fits in much better with out scheme than Amare. Make this trade Kerr.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah ask the Lakers if he doesn't play defense... They sure had enough problems with it..

You are just ****ing delusional if you think one player can totally carry his team on offense and rebounding and at the same time stop Tim Duncan 1on1 in the post and not get any foul trouble when he doesn't get the same respect from the refs as Duncan. Heck Duncan can't really stop Amare on the other end at all either.

Kurt Thomas might have looked better defensively against Duncan with his holding and grabbing and pushing since he doesn't have to worry about anything else, but the truth is that Duncan owned him probably even worse.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You guys gotta stop with the Amare trade discussions. Even if its from another source, any rumor involving Amare is pure BS.

There is zero chance Amare gets traded the first year Kerr takes office. Plain and simple.

Don't believe your own fabricated fears, that just slows down evolution.

Amare isn't going anywhere, the end.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah ask the Lakers if he doesn't play defense... They sure had enough problems with it..
Pretty sure I could play defense against Kwame Brown.

Don't get me wrong, Amare should not be traded anywhere and he certainly has all the tools to become a terrific defender. But to suggest his defense right now is anything above medicore is blatantly wrong.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Didn't KG have something like 45 points and 20 rebounds against the Suns this year?

asudevil83

Reaction score
i just love how the second ANYONE is mentioned in a rumor the haters come out to play....and just root for that person to be traded at all costs.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KT kept Duncan from making uncontested layups, but no one on the Suns is able to keep Duncan from hitting those range fall aways.

The only guy in the playoffs that even bothered Duncan was Ilgauskas, who held him to 44.6% shooting and just 18.3 ppg. However, Zydrunas has a special trick called being 7'3" tall with long arms. Plus he is just strong enough that Duncan can't totally totally bowl him over every time he gets the ball.

The combination of Nene and Camby HELD Duncan to 20.2 ppg and 47.3% shooting by doubling with two big/long defenders.

As much as I'd love to have KG, don't kid yourself that he'd solve the problem. Duncan shot 27 of 43 against the Wolves in three games, for 62.8 % and 20 ppg.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if the 3 team trade is still in the works and Amare is involved.. i would settle for nothing less than the following:

Suns Trade:

Amare Stoudemire
Marcus Banks
Jones Jr
2008 ATL pick

Suns Recieve:

KG

Wolves Trade:
Kevin Garnett
Marko Jaric
2008 unprotected

Wolves Recive:

Stat
James Jones Jr
Marcus Banks
Delonte West

Celtics Trade:

Delonte West

Celtics Recive:

Minnesota 2008 1st
ATL 2008 unprotected 1st
Marko Jaric

Use #5 pick on Corey Brewer, #7 on Mike Conley Jr... and have a line up of:

Nash/Conley JR
Bell/Barbosa
Diaw/Brewer
Marion/Splitter
Garnett/KT

Suns perpesctive: The suns give up their Franchise Center but get an equal All-Star and two high picks in return.. They get Nash's future
succseeor in Conley Jr., as well as the most versitile player in the draft in Brewer... They become younger as a whole, better defensivley, and in essance have already reloaded rather than looking at the future to rebuild..

Wolves perspective: The Wolves get a younger version of KG, An All NBA first team selection, to team with Foye for the future. With the salery they are saving, they can start making a run at top F.A. in 2008....plus two good role players in West and JR.

Celtics: Knowing Yi will already be gone, and not totally sold on Brewer, Celtics choose to to look toward the future. Having the Unprotected ATL and Minnosota picks, could land them OJ Mayo next year, plus with the addition of Jaric will finally give them size in the back court...

Again... this trade is VERY unlikely, but I would be PISSED, if we traded Amare for anything less... IMO

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
if the 3 team trade is still in the works and Amare is involved.. i would settle for nothing less than the following:

Suns Trade:

Amare Stoudemire
Marcus Banks
Jones Jr
2008 ATL pick

Suns Recieve:

KG

Wolves Trade:
Kevin Garnett
Marko Jaric
2008 unprotected

Wolves Recive:

Stat
James Jones Jr
Marcus Banks
Delonte West

Celtics Trade:

Delonte West

Celtics Recive:

Minnesota 2008 1st
ATL 2008 unprotected 1st
Marko Jaric

Use #5 pick on Corey Brewer, #7 on Mike Conley Jr... and have a line up of:

Nash/Conley JR
Bell/Barbosa
Diaw/Brewer
Marion/Splitter
Garnett/KT

Suns perpesctive: The suns give up their Franchise Center but get an equal All-Star and two high picks in return.. They get Nash's future
succseeor in Conley Jr., as well as the most versitile player in the draft in Brewer... They become younger as a whole, better defensivley, and in essance have already reloaded ratehr than looking at the future to rebuild.. They still keep the ATL pick next year as well....

Wolves perspective: The Wolves get a younger version of KG, An All NBA first team selection, to team with Foye for the future. With the salery they are saving, they can start making a run at top F.A. in 2008....

Celtics: Knowing Yi will already be gone, and not totally sold on Brewer, Celtics choose to to look toward the future. Having the Unprotected ATL and Minnosota picks, could land them OJ Mayo next year, plus with the addition of Jaric will finally give them size in the back court...

Again... this trade is VERY unlikely, but I would be PISSED, if we traded Amare for anything less... IMO

Why would the Celtics trade their curent #5 pick in a very deep draft for a chance at a handful of mid firsts next year?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea either jackson or billups.

if you read the original post it says "former/current player" which leads me to believe its a current player that used to play for the twolves.. so who is that? billups never played for the twovles did he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05