Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Actually if it came down to getting Kobe or KG I think I would rather have Kobe....assuming that we have Amare still on this team. I know we could use another big man...that's a given. Not to mention that I would LOVE to add KG to this roster.

However, in Kobe your talking about adding one of the best players in the league bar none. I just threw up a little in my mouth because I don't like that guy as a person but holy crap.

These 3 guys together is a title IMO.

Nash
Kobe
Amare
and insert whoever you want in the other 2 spots says title to me.

If the Suns are dealing with both the Lakers and the T-Wolves and they are both legit in their interest then someone must have made a sacrifice to the NBA gods in the Sun's favor.

The same could be said for KG. :pullhair:

djohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
I dunno...

The Spurs still have Ginobilli, Duncan and Parker.

What is scarier. The Spurs still have the rights to one of the European Basketball League's top player, Luis Scola. Ugh...I don't know how they do it.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually if it came down to getting Kobe or KG I think I would rather have Kobe....assuming that we have Amare still on this team. I know we could use another big man...that's a given. Not to mention that I would LOVE to add KG to this roster.

However, in Kobe your talking about adding one of the best players in the league bar none. I just threw up a little in my mouth because I don't like that guy as a person but holy crap.

These 3 guys together is a title IMO.

Nash
Kobe
Amare
and insert whoever you want in the other 2 spots says title to me.

If the Suns are dealing with both the Lakers and the T-Wolves and they are both legit in their interest then someone must have made a sacrifice to the NBA gods in the Sun's favor.

Now this made me think.. Stern has thrown out the Suns involved in both these trades to have us fans take our attention off him.. Its a fake! Back to complaining about Stern! The revolution will be televised!

:D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now this made me think.. Stern has thrown out the Suns involved in both these trades to have us fans take our attention off him.. Its a fake! Back to complaining about Stern! The revolution will be televised!

:D

I think you might be on to something. Don't make me throw out my * pics again. :D

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now the dude I just posted two of his posts from real GM says this..

So in an hour and a half we'll know more? Thats what he's implying.. What the ????

Where did you get these quotes from? Was Mike even on fox 10?

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
from some dude named ray ray on realgm.. Supposedly Mike bout to be on fox sports nite in 10 minutes.. we'll see..

Well mike is gonna be on fox 10, so that dude got that right. (although la cava aint there)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well mike is gonna be on fox 10, so that dude got that right. (although la cava aint there)

Y abut I dont think its anything inside knowledge.. I think they start on saturday saying who the guests will be on the show..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guys who is supposedly reliable on their site really hasn't posted anything new. I am confused reading that thread though. At first a Mod was going to lock the thread then he poster appears to have sent something to the Mod to convince him to keep it open. I wonder what that was?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Man, if we can get KG for Marion, KT and some picks sign me up. That is a STEAL. We keep Barbosa too? I'd almost do that instead of Kobe unless is is the same deal. I think keeping Barbosa is very important.

I'd say the keepers would be Nash, Amare, Barbosa. Trade anyone else. If a trade for Kobe includes any one of these players, I think you don't make it. Possibly if it's Barbosa though....

The other thing about trading Amare. If he really does need some knee work/may not hold up past a few seasons, it might be worth it to trade him. I'd like to take the chance that he's be healthy, but I wonder as crazy as this sounds, if we could get BOTH Kobe and KG. :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, if we can get KG for Marion, KT and some picks sign me up. That is a STEAL. We keep Barbosa too? I'd almost do that instead of Kobe unless is is the same deal. I think keeping Barbosa is very important.

I'd say the keepers would be Nash, Amare, Barbosa. Trade anyone else. If a trade for Kobe includes any one of these players, I think you don't make it. Possibly if it's Barbosa though....

The other thing about trading Amare. If he really does need some knee work/may not hold up past a few seasons, it might be worth it to trade him. I'd like to take the chance that he's be healthy, but I wonder as crazy as this sounds, if we could get BOTH Kobe and KG. :)

That would be interesting but we would have zero girth in the lineup. No legit big bodies with any muscle to keep guys out of the paint. We would need to find some big guys to at least box out that's for sure.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Rebuilding teams also need some veterans like Marion ...
Marion is a veteran but, with all of his whining, not a veteran presence.

And his inconsistent play in every post-season won't help the Suns achieve a Championship.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

And his inconsistent play in every post-season won't help the Suns achieve a Championship.

Helping and not being enough are 2 different things. Marion can help a team that is close. He is a freaking all-star and still one of the best SF in the league. If he is enough is a different story and would depend on what team he is on. It just so happens that Marion may not be enough for this Suns team.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'm pretty much with you Eric, and although I dislike Kobe the person, I feel the same about him as well.
Agreed. Nash's window closes in 2-3 years and after that we're looking at systemic changes which are never easy along with Portland coming of age and Bron/Wade/Melo hitting free agency and going to the team of their choosing. Not to mention that when your organization has never won a title, rings should always be the first priority.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Any deal that doesn't involve Amare is okay with me. I'll dump my pants if they give him up for KG.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I could do a deal of this sort for Garnett. However, I would certainly not do a deal that guts the franchise or moves Barbosa. In regard to Kobe, no way Buss trades him to Phoenix unless the Suns give up Stoudemire... and no way this happens.

I still would like to do the Boston trade where Marion goes for #5 and some role players/ expiring contract. I'm thinking the Suns could then package #5 and return Atlanta's pick to them so the Suns can select Horford at #3. I think both Phoenix and Atlanta would both win. Atlanta would still have two very good first round picks at #5 and #11 plus next year's unprotected first round pick back.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think including Barbs with Marion for a deal for anyone not named Lebron, Wade, or Dwight would be a mistake....

That said Marion, KT, #24, ATL pick for Garnett makes a HELL of a lot of sense for both teams IMO....

However the biggest potential problem I see is what would that do to the salary of the suns.... KG does have a player option for the 2008/2009 season in which IF HE WANTED TO, he could opt out and sign for less money... I don't know how realistic that is, but assuming he takes it the suns salary would be around 79 Million with just Garnett, Barbosa, amare, Nash, Bell, Diaw, banks.... include the other 6 players assuming we sign them all to the minimum, the suns would be about 90 million...

In 2005/2006 the Cap was 49.5 million, assuming average rate of growth per year in 2008 the cap will be around 62-64 million.. meaning inorder for the trade to go through, Sarver will have to be willing to pay at least 25 million dollars in Tax in 2008...

Not to mention the taxes he will pay in 07/08 year as well...

If Saver does sign off on it, I am all for it, but until he proves that he will, assuming this is a truthful rumor, I am not convinced Phoenix would do it form a financial stand point...

thoughts?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

This makes him an outstanding fit for Minnesota since they probably won't make the playoffs for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05