Mlb.tv

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Does anyone here subscribe to MLB.TV? I got it about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I live in Indiana so it is a major plus being able to get all the D-Backs games. Unfortunately it blocks out your market's games (Reds for me which we get on FSN Ohio anyways) but you get every other game. It has been great so far for spring training and I can't wait until the regular season starts. For spring training you only get select games but once the season starts you get every regular season game. Starting April 2nd I think it is, they are coming out with a new feature avalable for free download where you can watch up to 6 games at once and choose to hear the sound of the game of your choice. It's going to be a great season, and I am going to be in baseball heaven being able to watch whatever game I want on any given day :rockon:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I have MLB.TV, it rocks, I just wish that for spring training games you'd get the Diamondbacks broadcasts instead of Rockies and Padres, it's annoying to hear them go on about how they hate the Dbacks.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
I haven't bought mlb.tv yet but I have wanted to and think i might this season.

OP
OP
PHXSportsFan4

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
I haven't bought mlb.tv yet but I have wanted to and think i might this season.
If you decide to I think you will find that it is worth it and very nice to have. You can even go back and watch full games from 05 06 or games that have already took place in 07. It's pretty neat. I can't wait for the thing where you can watch 6 games at once.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get this for this season. Anybody else using it?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many of the DBacks games will be in HD with MLB.tv? I recently switched from Directv to Verizon FIOS without realizing that so few of the games would be in HD with the MLB package. MLB.tv looks like a great deal price-wise but they just say all games in HD where available. Not quite sure what that translates to.

Steve

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It depends on your connection. If I remember correctly and game that is broadcast in HD is online as HD if your connection speed allows it. If I have the time over the next few days I'll try to read up on it and let you guys know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on your connection. If I remember correctly and game that is broadcast in HD is online as HD if your connection speed allows it. If I have the time over the next few days I'll try to read up on it and let you guys know.

Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try as I can't imagine living without the games. Even with our pitching concerns I find myself looking forward to this season more than I have since RJ and Schilling.

Steve

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I've had MLB.TV the last few years. It is excellent and has improved every year. The HD quality is dependent upon your bandwidth speed. I have 7 Mbps DSL and it is flawless. You also get to choose whether you want to watch the home or away feed.

Of course you're blacked out of the teams that claim your local area in their broadcast territory, but generally those games are available on your RSN.

I really like the condensed games feature. If I am out or don't have time to watch a full game, I can just watch the entire game (all plays) in about 25 minutes.

Well worth the money!

Billexium

Reaction score
I just got MLB.TV for the first time this year! MLB was having some promo with Boxee and I got the Premium annual subscription for $20! But I think it would be totally worth it even at the normal price. I'm considering getting the At-Bat app for my Droid. You can watch live games on your phone! The normal app allows audio only but if you have a MLB.TV sub then you can get the video feeds as well.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone here using MLB.TV with a Blu-Ray player or something similar?

Last year, I used HDMI to connect my laptop to my tv, but I'm considering buying a Samsung Blu-Ray player and streaming it through that. Seems like a good idea at this point, but would be interested in some opinions. :)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone here using MLB.TV with a Blu-Ray player or something similar?

Last year, I used HDMI to connect my laptop to my tv, but I'm considering buying a Samsung Blu-Ray player and streaming it through that. Seems like a good idea at this point, but would be interested in some opinions. :)

If you have a PS3 there is an app you can download that lets you stream the games. It is fantastic. The video is just about HD. The only problem with it is the fact you can't do picture in picture so when a commercial break comes you have to sit thru their blue screen. I'm hoping they have an update when the season starts that adds that feature.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Update: Last season, I did end up buying the Samsung Blu-ray player and it worked very well. The only problem I had occasionally was with my router (just had to turn it off and on again). The Samsung device itself was great.

I just got the update below via email. MLB has again listened to the fans and now includes the At Bat apps with the MLB.TV package, so you don't have to spend more money to get the same access. I'm still very impressed with how MLB is handling their alternative distribution methods. Well done, MLB. :thumbup:

Premium Includes Free At Bat 12 Subscription

New for 2012, MLB.TV Premium now includes a free subscription to At Bat 12. At Bat 12 is the top ranked sports app of all time and a recent inductee into the Macworld Hall of Fame. Now you can watch every out-of-market game LIVE or on demand on your favorite mobile devices including: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and most Android phones and tablets. Simply log-in with your MLB.com username and password.

Launching 2/29

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
MLB to offer single-team MLB.tv packages in 2016

For diehard baseball fans, MLB.tv is a must-have service. For the very reasonable price of $129.99, you can watch every out-of-market game for the season. Baseball nerds like me more than get their money's worth.

But, for casual fans, dropping $130 for the full service might not be so appealing. Rather than watch multiple games each night, some folks just want to watch a few innings of their favorite team a couple days a week. Paying for the full package in those instances is not ideal.

Thankfully, MLB will introduce single-team packages next season, allowing fans to subscribe to their favorite teams rather than the entire league. The all-or-nothing aspect of MLB.tv will be eliminated.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-o...b-to-offer-single-team-mlbtv-packages-in-2016

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Interesting. Don't have cable and the ONLY thing that I miss is sports, although there are some pretty easy ways around that, with surprisingly good quality. (Reddit)

I'd be willing to throw down some cash for a Dbacks only package this season if it could guarantee 60fps HD. I'm sure local would teams would be blacked out but that's an easy fix too. (VPN)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Don't have cable and the ONLY thing that I miss is sports, although there are some pretty easy ways around that, with surprisingly good quality. (Reddit)

I'd be willing to throw down some cash for a Dbacks only package this season if it could guarantee 60fps HD. I'm sure local would teams would be blacked out but that's an easy fix too. (VPN)

I lived out of the country and in other states for several years, always had MLB.tv subscription and it was awesome. Great quality, choose which announcers you want to listen to, rewind ect. I think you can rewatch old games too. It all depends on your internet speed though.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I lived out of the country and in other states for several years, always had MLB.tv subscription and it was awesome. Great quality, choose which announcers you want to listen to, rewind ect. I think you can rewatch old games too. It all depends on your internet speed though.

I've had MLB.tv here and there and I never remember them streaming in 60FPS. Which, for sports, is a pretty big deal. It's been a few years though since I was a subscriber.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan